Interesting post on VA Preps..

EH31

Graham and Bluefield is always a good game,even better rivlary.Trash talking starts in June it seems every year. I for one hope we whip pulaski AGAIN.I wasn't really even impressed with them last year.

I've been to several Graham vs. Richlands games in the past where the Graham folks out number the Richlands folks...not last season...but in the past. Sorry, just stating what I have seen. Prog said Graham "usually" outnumbers Richlands and I agree, with maybe the exception of a few times in the 15 or so contests I have witnessed at Ernie Hicks stadiums between Graham & Richlands. And why the name calling? "Prognostifool"? that's no better than what those jerks on Va Preps do. If you want your opinion respected, don't resort to name calling...

[ QUOTE ]

I've been to several Graham vs. Richlands games in the past where the Graham folks out number the Richlands folks...not last season...but in the past. Sorry, just stating what I have seen. Prog said Graham "usually" outnumbers Richlands and I agree, with maybe the exception of a few times in the 15 or so contests I have witnessed at Ernie Hicks stadiums between Graham & Richlands. And why the name calling? "Prognostifool"? that's no better than what those jerks on Va Preps do. If you want your opinion respected, don't resort to name calling...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I found out who "Prognosticator" is.

Saying Graham "usually" outnumbers Richlands at Richlands is "foolish". Graham "usually" does well to fill the visitor stands.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham "usually" does well to fill the visitor stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because no one from Bluefield wants to go to Richlands to sit in that dinky thing you call "visitor's stands"..."visitors stand" is more accurate since that's what we have to do when we go to Richlands if we want to see the game...

I agree. Richlands, Tazewell, Grundy and Carroll all have lousy seating for visiting fans. That's not going to change until those visiting fans show up and prove there is a need to upgrade. Graham by the way would have the same lousy seating as the rest of the district if not for Mitchell Stadium.

that is probably true about that but i think to say that graham does not have a good turn out for away games is wrong it is because everyone knows that when going to these schools there is not enough seating for all fans. now unlike gate city where home fans set on the visitors side and at grundy before they built the visitors stands the visitors sat on the home side then. i do not think richlands or any other school would like it much if all the graham fans that wanted to go to the game came then proceded to set on the home side also. but until this changes and the visitors stands are improved i agree you will not have the same turnout for visitors as the home team.i wonder how many richlands fans would show up at home games if they only had the same amount of seating as the visitors. we all know that a lot of fans would not want to stand up or for that matter set on the grass especially if wet for a entire game. so i dont think richlands would have the numbers they have in that circumstance. but that is my opinion.

The visitor's stands at Richlands are filled up once each year, the Graham game and Tazewell game, alternately. I don't think the school board is going to allocate any money towards a new set of bleachers if they're only filled once during the regular season. It's not Richlands' fault we don't have adequate seating for some games, we don't decide the budget. If Graham had a stadium in Tazewell County... or the state for that matter... they would be in the same situation as Tazewell and Richlands.

that is my point i understand that. what i am replying to is the conjecture that graham does not have many fans for the richlands game at richlands. they have as many as the stands will safely hold. this is not against richlands or the school board by no means. just those who seem to want to put down the fan support for ghs.

ghs73, I don't think anyone is questioning Graham's fan support. I know I'm not. And you're right, they do fill the visitor stands at Richlands. My problem was with the poster who said there are "usually" more Graham fans at Richlands than Richlands fans. That has never happened and it never will.

not at richlands it never will because of the disparity in seating. as for mitchell stadium the past 2 years i dont know because i have been unable to attend. but for the most part graham does have more fans at mitchell than the visitors with exception to blfd who bring about the same amount. and i will not argue the point about at richlands for there you all always have a great following.

richlands always brings good numbers and i am very impressed with most of the swest teams because they are very small like andrew lewis of the late 60s and early seventies but always bring it!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham "usually" does well to fill the visitor stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because no one from Bluefield wants to go to Richlands to sit in that dinky thing you call "visitor's stands"..."visitors stand" is more accurate since that's what we have to do when we go to Richlands if we want to see the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I wear "civilian clothing" and sit on the home side when Graham visits Richlands or Tazewell.

EDIT: I don't even go to Grundy anymore, I go to Bluefield's home game and save myself the anguish.

[ QUOTE ]

Alternating years. Graham was at Richlands last year. Tazewell this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the beating Richlands administers to us this fall it'll be a short drive down to Cottons.