Top three area teams you wish your team played.

bluekick

I wouldn't mind seeing MV playing.

1.Richlands- probably will never happen though,because if Richlands was going to play a team on the WV side it would be bluefield

2.Beckley- The 2 schools use to play every year when MV was AAA,but things have changed and there MSAC schedule would make it tough for them to play.

3.Poca,Weir, or Herbert Hoover- any of the 3 would be good.

I don't believe Capital would agree to play Bluefield even if both schools were AAA,because when I was in school at Mount View we were AAA and tried to schedule them every year,but their coach refused to play us even @ Laidley. The only time the teams played were in the playoffs. MV beat them on their home field 2 out of 3 times and the 1 time we lost to them it was by a td in a game MV played without 4 starters including our QB and RB,because they were in a car wreck the night before the game.

<u>For Bluefield: (in no order and more than three)</u>

Salem

Richlands

Weir

Pulaski Co.

Gate City

Morgantown

Parkersburg

Wayne

Franklin Co.

Beckley

Heritage

Liberty-Bedford

Blacksburg

Christiansburg

If I had to pick only three: Salem, Richlands, and Weir

Bluefield could definitely get a series against Wayne some time in the future,because I know if they'll agree to travel to Welch they will agree to come to Bluefield. The only thing that could stop them is already having contracts for games outside of their conference set up.

For James Monroe:

Giles-probably just a matter of time given the history between the 2 coaching staffs

Woodrow Wilson-good points game against a team similar to Princeton which James Monroe has good success with

Princeton-as to why these 2 quit playing the first time has never been explained to my liking. Here's an idea, quit playing people like Pikeview and play eachother.

Guest old_school

For Tazewell:

1) Mount View- I think it would be a good game for the two counties. Tazewell use to have a great tradition of playing Big Creek and could make this in to a good cross state game.

2) Bland Co.- Mismatch maybe, but I bet Harris Hart could get the boys up for this one.

3) Haysi- The games with Honaker are always interesting, so why not take on another team from that district.

Graham...

Bigger schools:

1- Pulaski Co.

2- Salem

3- Woodrow Wilson

Smaller schools:

1- Gate City

2- Powell Valley

3- Giles

4- George Wythe

5- James Monroe

6- Radford

In the past I would've said:

Bluefield

Powell Valley

Magna Vista

But with the new SWD next year I don't think Richlands can afford to play all four non-district games against Single-A teams. Gate City isn't going anywhere (I hope) and it makes economic sense to keep Honaker, so I think they'll try to get two AA teams from outside the area. My top choices would be:

1. Magna Vista

2. Pulaski

3. Christiansburg, Blacksburg, or anyone from Roanoke.