G-Men v Bluefield

ghs84

[ QUOTE ]

Losing season? look who you play! Like i said, play US, then you can talk, until then, keep flattering yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this. We'll play our schedule and you play yours. It's funny how so many Bluefield fans, on the night before "The Big Game" are getting so bent out of shape because someone from GRAHAM said Richlands has a better team than you. If the players are as upset about it as the fans then Graham just might come out on top tomorrow night. Chalk one up for the Sandman if that's the case.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the opposite. Bluefield doesn't want to be close in the second half. Since many of you are history nuts, look at what Graham as done in some second halfs in recent years. Also the way the calender fell, Graham did have an extra week of two-a-days they don't usually have. After watching the scrimmages, which we all have decided is the end-all-be-all for how the whole season will go, I don't think it can be said that Bluefield is in better condition than Graham. As far as mentally, Graham does bring about 18 seniors, some 4 year starters, many 3 year starters. They are mentally ready. If Bluefield wins, they win on big play pop, if Graham wins they win by keeping turnovers low and wallowing on the field with Bluefield's defense.

The talk is over, the analyzing is over, the guessing is over, and the wishful thinking is over. Tonight we find out who has what and when the dust settles there will be no debate because a winner will be determined. I leave for Bluefield in 10 minutes. Safe travels to all. Party, tailgate, prepare, but do so reasonably folks and enjoy the ride that is Beaver/Graham ’06, the 80th edition of one of the premier rivalries this country knows at the high school level. It's about to get real...

bhs wins 21 - 7 tied at half 7 to 7

Bluefield's undefeated Season:

Graham 21-7

Priceton 35-6

open

Grundy 21-0

Oak Hill 24-7

open

Shady 21-6

Mt View 21-20 (Mt view gets some home cookn')

Hoover 35-7

James Monroe 28-7

Scott 14-10

[ QUOTE ]

bhs wins 21 - 7 tied at half 7 to 7

Bluefield's undefeated Season:

Graham 21-7

Priceton 35-6

open

Grundy 21-0

Oak Hill 24-7

open

Shady 21-6

Mt View 21-20 (Mt view gets some home cookn')

Hoover 35-7

James Monroe 28-7

Scott 14-10

[/ QUOTE ]

If Bluefield only beats Scott by 4 on the turf at Laidley...you guys have problems to work out before the playoffs...

BTW...Bluefield will average way more than 24 points/game this season...I think you are being "kind" to the opponents with some of those predictions...Bluefield will top 40 points at least three times this season...

i know that this is little off the topic but just heard from my daughter and grandkids that yesterday at ghs in the back parking lot several kids from bhs were caught red handed egging several cars of students of ghs. i surely hope that this is taken care of and that it does not esclate and that no ghs person retaliates for this. i think it is a shame that things like this happen. there is no call for anyone to do things such as this from either school. hope cooler heads prevail at tonights game and that everyone has a fun safe time at the game and enjoys another classic graham beaver game. good luck to all from ghs and bhs tonight stay safe and no one get hurt. see you at the game.

[ QUOTE ]

thats funny man, when i was in high school,,, big creek 1976 to 80, any va team was an automatic win for us

[/ QUOTE ]big creek was real good back then with players like Abercrombie... i think i remember reading on a plaque in the gym i think maybe 79 they won every game by 20 or more points..beating Richlands 50-12 I think..