RICHLANDS

slimfastboy111

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never say never. Carroll County was a missed extra point from taking Richlands into to overtime last year, and whoever Richlands plays in the first and possibly second round of the playoffs will be someone they've already played... and the team that loses the first time always seems to have an advantage in the second game. Remember the 19-13 game with Graham last year?

One game at a time fellas. Everyone dreams about state championships but the ones who actually get there do it by winning the game in front of them and not concerning themselves with what might happen down the road. I know the team already does that but this is the time of year when fans start getting ahead of themselves and celebrate games that haven't been played yet. I've always believed a team can subconsciously pick up the attitude of the fans and I think that was a factor in their performance against Turner Ashby last year. There were other factors at work as well, including TA being a very good football team, but I think the fact we were all celebrating a state championship before we even got there was as big a factor as any. So remember, the kids do read this board every day and while the coaches do a great job of keeping them focused, and they themselves do a great job of staying focused, we the fans can do our part by taking the next game seriously and not thinking about anything that comes after that.

Another reason that Brannon had so many and that Caleb won't catch him is the carrys Brannon got. In the game against Salem Brannon carried the ball 47 times a playoff record still to this day, Caleb is sharing the backfield with the greatest QB in school history he doesnt have to carry the ball 50 times in a game.

I had the oppurtunity to watch most of Breeding's games the champenship year. He was one of the best but don't know that I can agree with the bigger, faster, stronger thing when you think about the conditioning progarm Richlands has now. Isn't Jenning benching like 325lbs.

Breeding was a good power back that was fun to watch, Caleb is explosive-period, they are two different style runners and there is no way to actually compare them. I enjoy talking about great players of old and the teams,I say enjoy what you got today and we will someday be talking about them as well.

I really don't think they were bigger stronger and faster, football evolves on all levels and players get consistently faster and stronger year after year, its common knowledge that offseason training programs get better ever year...

As far as competition goes Jeremey McCommons faced the toughest competition with Thomas Jones, Jake Houseright, Chad Beasley, Yabrinnel Isabelle, Luke Owens all playing against him

Oldest debate of all time, which team is better than which team. I have people asking me all the time could this team beat the 92 team, or could it beat the 2004 team or the 2001 team with B.J. Jones at QB...so on and so fourth. No definitive answer of course but always fun to debate!!

[ QUOTE ]

I had the oppurtunity to watch most of Breeding's games the champenship year. He was one of the best but don't know that I can agree with the bigger, faster, stronger thing when you think about the conditioning progarm Richlands has now. Isn't Jenning benching like 325lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

surely you dont believe the so called bench-a-thon results?? Everyone knows they are pencil-whipped big time

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

surely you dont believe the so called bench-a-thon results?? Everyone knows they are pencil-whipped big time

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it was McCraken that put up 325 correct me if I'm wrong.