top virginia 2007 high school football prospects

Howdyfans

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noel Devine? sounds like someone who works at southern x....lol. its like this if mckracken played in those places with the same numbers and same skills he has then everyone would be after him. but because he plays in little ol' swva then people like present company in this topic give him no credit and think he cant play with the big dogs. someone will give him a shot i hope at least. and even if he is like heath miller and has to play another possition he is too good an athelete to be held back..... go justin!!!!!!!!!

PS: hate to think my 2yo could grow up and play football and have numbers like that and just because i live in swva no one would give him a chance.. maybe i should move to western pa or south fla or southern cal

[ QUOTE ]

"McCracken is the best QB to come through Mitchell Stadium"

Thats funny right there. There is one Blufield alumni ( not saying he was THE best blu QB through Mitchell) that plays at mitchell right now that is better then mcCraken. QB for the Barrons!! G.K.

[/ QUOTE ]

ever heard of jesse davis

I would like to say I think he is a very good athelete. Those guys I named are current prospects. The younger brothers of whom you are thinking. Garcia is not jeff garcia. No relation just common name. These kids are studs with rocket arms and unbelievable ability to read defense. I do not want anyone thinking I am belittling a local athelete. I wish him the best. Just giving a opinion. Robert Marve is the current commit at Alabama with 2 other offers to Andrew Knowels and Justin Hickman at Armwood High in Sefner FL. The Mckrakin (sorry if I mispelled it) thing is outlandish as far as a Bama scholly goes. They simply do not have but 7 schollys and 4 QBs on the roster. I was dispelling that myth that has been circulating for months. If you are a local athelete going to any school I will follow you and root for ya. Even if you go to dad blamed VT. So please dont misconstrew what I am saying. I want the best for all local kids. I just dont see him playing QB at the next level from what I have seen. Safety, DB, WR possibly

P.S. It has everything to do with playing in Southwest Virginia against mediocre talent. You can be looked at by big programs if you put up huge numbers. Ahmad was a signee at Virginia, but we all know what happened. In those locations before mentioned it is nothing to have a 300+ pounder running a 4.8 to 5.2 (John Brown) current DT in high school. The kids in those regions thrive on speed AND strength not one or the other. Really, many of you all have no idea about what it means to be a big time recruit or else these kids coaches are doing nothing to get them "out there" and "looked at". I do not know. I enjoy the sport of football and think it is great if ANYONE can get a free education ANYWHERE doing something they love.

PPS> That Noel Devine kid is the nations best HB prospect. He was adopted by Deion Sanders and stole his car about a week later. His only offer on the table is the Florida State Criminoles. True story. He will be playing on Sundays if he doesnt pull a Maurice Claurette once he gets to D1. He is a stud, a absolute stud. Video search him on yahoo and watch that kid run. Then tell me he doesnt have all the talent in the world.

McCracken reminds me of Heath Miller in size and abilities when Miller was in high school. Miller seems to have done pretty well for himself. I believe McCraken has a good future ahead of him, be it QB or another position.

[ QUOTE ]

I would like to say I think he is a very good athelete. Those guys I named are current prospects. The younger brothers of whom you are thinking. Garcia is not jeff garcia. No relation just common name. These kids are studs with rocket arms and unbelievable ability to read defense. I do not want anyone thinking I am belittling a local athelete. I wish him the best. Just giving a opinion. Robert Marve is the current commit at Alabama with 2 other offers to Andrew Knowels and Justin Hickman at Armwood High in Sefner FL. The Mckrakin (sorry if I mispelled it) thing is outlandish as far as a Bama scholly goes. They simply do not have but 7 schollys and 4 QBs on the roster. I was dispelling that myth that has been circulating for months. If you are a local athelete going to any school I will follow you and root for ya. Even if you go to dad blamed VT. So please dont misconstrew what I am saying. I want the best for all local kids. I just dont see him playing QB at the next level from what I have seen. Safety, DB, WR possibly

P.S. It has everything to do with playing in Southwest Virginia against mediocre talent. You can be looked at by big programs if you put up huge numbers. Ahmad was a signee at Virginia, but we all know what happened. In those locations before mentioned it is nothing to have a 300+ pounder running a 4.8 to 5.2 (John Brown) current DT in high school. The kids in those regions thrive on speed AND strength not one or the other. Really, many of you all have no idea about what it means to be a big time recruit or else these kids coaches are doing nothing to get them "out there" and "looked at". I do not know. I enjoy the sport of football and think it is great if ANYONE can get a free education ANYWHERE doing something they love.

PPS> That Noel Devine kid is the nations best HB prospect. He was adopted by Deion Sanders and stole his car about a week later. His only offer on the table is the Florida State Criminoles. True story. He will be playing on Sundays if he doesnt pull a Maurice Claurette once he gets to D1. He is a stud, a absolute stud. Video search him on yahoo and watch that kid run. Then tell me he doesnt have all the talent in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree with most of that. its sad but true. if richlands could back up and play bigger schools this year like salem and others it would look better on justin. too bad they are stuck with playing in their district. i think they could compete with the bigger schools and that would give them a better shot in the play offs. best tallent i see at richlands though was that austin fuller kid. maybe the best tallent ive seen all year. at least in the tazewell game. i was amazed by the moves he had. think he should have a great shot in 2008

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think Richlands has 3 very solid prospects for colleges. About 3 more that can be considered "projects" maybe for some JUCOs.

[/ QUOTE ]

which 3?

[ QUOTE ]

I just dont see him playing QB at the next level from what I have seen. Safety, DB, WR possibly

[/ QUOTE ]

with all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. mccrackin is not fast or quick enough to play any of those positions (safety, db, wr) at the next level. he is a pure quarterback with good size, great strength, and a rocket for an arm. he is not getting the recognition he deserves

because he didn't put up the huge numbers until this year. last year he completed less than 50% of his passes (basically due to a lot of dropped balls) and didn't throw for aton of yards or td's (compared to other d1 qb recruits).....most d1 schools are looking for either tremendous athletes at qb or qb's that have played in a system that prepares them for the college passing game......when you read the stats for the top dropback passer type recruits you tend to see huge numbers....most of those guys are left in to pad their stats even when their teams are up by 45........i am pretty darn sure that if mccrackin had put up similar stats last year to his current stats (close to 70% completions) he would be getting more looks.....he is the best high school qb i've ever seen and if he doesn't get a d1 scholarship i think its more of a case of him slipping thru the cracks than his lack of ability......there are qb's in the pro's who don't have anywhere close to his arm strength.....

[ QUOTE ]

.there are qb's in the pro's who don't have anywhere close to his arm strength.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for McCraken to make it to the next level. But, don't you think this statement is stretching it just a little far.

relax dude, i'm not saying that mccrackin should be headed for the nfl.......but it is a fact that there are guys playing in the nfl (chad pennington, for example) who have relatively weak arms......guys like bart starr, fran tarkenton, ken stabler all had tremendous careers with below average throwing arms.......if i'm not mistaken todd marinovich (who was drafted by the raiders back in the 90's) once had 3 consecutive throws under 50 yards (in a distance competition) in an nfl skills exhibition..

[ QUOTE ]

Those guys I named are current prospects. The younger brothers of whom you are thinking. Garcia is not jeff garcia. No relation just common name. These kids are studs with rocket arms and unbelievable ability to read defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake. I don't follow recruiting. I used to but after seeing so many 4 and 5 star recruits spend 5 years on the scout team (or transfer to 1-AA) and so many walk-ons become first round draft picks I figured I would just wait and see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Those guys I named are current prospects. The younger brothers of whom you are thinking. Garcia is not jeff garcia. No relation just common name. These kids are studs with rocket arms and unbelievable ability to read defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake. I don't follow recruiting. I used to but after seeing so many 4 and 5 star recruits spend 5 years on the scout team (or transfer to 1-AA) and so many walk-ons become first round draft picks I figured I would just wait and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

very well said....

Noel Devine looks better than Reggie Bush running the ball with all his cuts and just pure strength and speed. He's only about 5'8 180, but If he doesn't get in trouble he'll play in the NFL. I posted a video link a couple months ago in the College section of him

You guys obviously are Richlands fans. You have the cant see the forrest for the trees syndrome.He is a good high school quarterback. He looks quick on the field and thats all I can say. Perhaps its because everyone else is slow. I enjoy going to Richlands games because they are a very good football team. What 5 star quarterback hasnt produced? What the heck are all those five star quarterbacks doing right now? With the exception of Chris Leak and Brodie Croyle (one who is in the NFL and one who will be by the way) havent panned out over the last 4 years. 4 or 5 stars do not matter in my opinion. I watch them on various sites devoted to high school football and CSS. I am not a expert but you can easily see talent in all those guys. If Mckraken has no speed he will not play D1. Its that simple. I hope he does and he has looked quick on the field in the games I have seen. I wish him luck in all he does. I was just simply dispelling the myth that appearently the Richlands fans started about his recruitment and scholly offer from Alabama. I havent seen any offers at this point by any D1 school. Perhaps a walk on invite by some but no schollys at this point. Heck when I was in high school I got letters from all kinds of colleges and I was not half the athelete he is. I realized that there were machines and computers that sent those letters to every kid within the recruiting region that was having a decent year and some physical attributes. Never once did I think it was anything more than a name bank on a PC wired to a mailer. I feel with his athleticism he is much more than that. I will not continue to talk about this. I gave a honest opinion, heck I hope he does go to Bama, Notre Dame, Louisiana Tech, Cal Polly, Concord, etc I dont care. Never timed his 40, never seen him lift, never seen his straight/squat jump, etc. I have seen him play QB. He does look fast on the field and I do agree his lack of production in the past has hurt. You may want to look at those passing yards and see how they were established. In my games I attended it was due to a strong rushing attack and defenses putting 7 and 8 men in the box to stop the run. Alot of those yards/tds came after a big lead was established. This discussion is fruitless as well as rediculous. I do not think McKrakin = Tebow and you think McKraken already = Chad Pennington(or at least the same arm strength, Pennington has a good arm by the way). C'mon be honest, if he had those skills Florida would cut Tebow and be living in his front yard. The important thing is that HE persue this if HE wants to, and HE will receive a free education somewhere. He can play, no doubt but he is not at the level of Rusty Coeburn as far as arm strength or speed (currently). Rusty is making us all proud at Concord and thats good enough for ME.

What walk on became a first round draft pick at a QB slot? P.S. Please dont go to the Red Grange era, before recruiting existed. If you are fefering to Tom Brady he played College football at a D1 level and was a 7th round draft pick. If you mention Doug Flutie (BC AND CFL superstar)or Kurt Warner the other CFL phenominonIll throw up, they all played college and were drafted. This is a discussion about a kid whom everyone hopes does well. I have not heard one bad statement about this young man by anyone. I wish him all the luck in the world and a state championship. That TEAM deserves it. I am not a Richlands fan by the way, just know a good team when I see it. I agree that we need to wait and see what HE does. I feel he has the tools, attitude and work ethic to do anything he wants.

Best athletic QB since Mike Vick. Will be unstoppable in college. A bit undersized at 160lb. some list him as 180. I dont know if he can survive in the NFL being cut from the "running QB' mold. He will be a phenom.

Well now I know you've never been to a Richlands game and you're just trying to get your foot out of your mouth. Throwing the ball 60+ yards on the money = ROCKET ARM!

I see the problem now. You're one of those recruiting junkies. Save a copy of this year's top-100. In four years it will be filled with devoted practice players and 1-AA studs.

60 yards on a rope is a rocket. Period. For a high school kid. I havent seen him do it. Have you? If so when. I am not talking about a rainbow arc either sweetheart. I have seen Vic Hall throw a laser 60 yards and hit a man in stride. Rusy Coeburn did it to. I am sure that you have been to games and you are bias toward Richlands. Its like kicking a 15 yrd field goal but if YOU tell the story it was a 56 yarder into the wind in the middle of a sleet storm. Just be honest and get your facts straight. Thats all Im saying on this matter.

PS: My mistake. I don't follow recruiting. I used to but after seeing so many 4 and 5 star recruits spend 5 years on the scout team (or transfer to 1-AA) and so many walk-ons become first round draft picks I figured I would just wait and see what happens. Name one please. Whose foot is in whose mouth? Name one. 1-AA transfers do so for academic reasons, oh and they still play on Sundays. McNair?

[ QUOTE ]

60 yards on a rope is a rocket. Period. For a high school kid. I havent seen him do it. Have you? If so when. I am not talking about a rainbow arc either sweetheart. I have seen Vic Hall throw a laser 60 yards and hit a man in stride. Rusy Coeburn did it to. I am sure that you have been to games and you are bias toward Richlands. Its like kicking a 15 yrd field goal but if YOU tell the story it was a 56 yarder into the wind in the middle of a sleet storm. Just be honest and get your facts straight. Thats all Im saying.

PS: My mistake. I don't follow recruiting. I used to but after seeing so many 4 and 5 star recruits spend 5 years on the scout team (or transfer to 1-AA) and so many walk-ons become first round draft picks I figured I would just wait and see what happens. Name one please. Whose foot is in whose mouth? Name one. 1-AA transfers do so for academic reasons, oh and they still play on Sundays. McNair?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't understand what your being told to do. Just build a shrine to McCraken......no, no a temple, yeah that's it a temple, so we can go worship and pray and make sacrafices to him. Yeah that's it. We'll knock down the temple of Brandon Breeding and pave over it and build the McCraken temple there. Because he dosen't need those damned cleats anyway, his feet have never been soiled.

When we're done at the "McCraken Acropolis" we can forward the plans to Canton so they can build a replica temple compex outside of the Hall of Fame because we don't want our patron saint inside with that Montana guy or that Butkus dude.

You people from Richlands are beginnig to sound like "Beaver Believers".

I'm not sure how many guys you call sweetheart BUT I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

Remember Jason Davis, #1 QB recruit from the state of Tennessee? Came to Virgina Tech and spent two years trying to make the dress squad before deciding to go to ETSU.

How about Will Hunt, #1 QB recruit from Arkansas who chose VT over Nebraska? He ended up at some 1-AA school.

And I'm not just talking about the QB position either. College football rosters are filled with stud recruits who will never play a down, and with lesser regarded players that have proven the "experts" wrong.

My whole argument in this is that you said McCracken doesn't have what it takes to play at the next level. I never said he will get a D1 offer (although I think he should) but I do think he will be successful at ANY LEVEL. And YES, he can make the throws you're talking about!