top virginia 2007 high school football prospects

Howdyfans

if vic hall is not D1 qb i diffently know McCracken is not one.....now im not bashing him or anything its just being from this area where not known for specialty players.....this more of a lineman area.....in all honesty i do hope he goes far because its great when we get attention to the area...............

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how many guys you call sweetheart BUT I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

Remember Jason Davis, #1 QB recruit from the state of Tennessee? Came to Virgina Tech and spent two years trying to make the dress squad before deciding to go to ETSU.

How about Will Hunt, #1 QB recruit from Arkansas who chose VT over Nebraska? He ended up at some 1-AA school.

And I'm not just talking about the QB position either. College football rosters are filled with stud recruits who will never play a down, and with lesser regarded players that have proven the "experts" wrong.

My whole argument in this is that you said McCracken doesn't have what it takes to play at the next level. I never said he will get a D1 offer (although I think he should) but I do think he will be successful at ANY LEVEL. And YES, he can make the throws you're talking about!

[/ QUOTE ]

How long did it take you to look those up on the internet. Number one recruits (ummmm nope) What year? Could they have played during the Vick era? The transfer had to do with academics not trying to make the team. Good try though. Who are those first round walk ons? I just follow football period.

I never said he couldnt play at the next level. If you read the posts I confirm that I think he can, just not at QB. If you disagree fine, but I would never tear any local kid down or assume I have the ability to be a college coach or recruiter. I just gave a opinion. I never stated he could not play at the next level.

***Sandman no offense to anyone in richlands but that was about the funniest thing I ever read! I know Breeding personally and he was a tremendous athelete. We are friends but that is hillarious. LOL

And I'm not just talking about the QB position either. College football rosters are filled with stud recruits who will never play a down, and with lesser regarded players that have proven the "experts" wrong.

I agree with that statement 100%. They are there, they get a education (many without sports for schollys would not), and they go on to be productive citizens. Not everyone lives up to the hype. I agree, but more often than not they do. If they make the NFL on hype so be it. Where else can you make a 800 thousand dollars a year if you are mediocre at what you do? I am not a recruiting junkie either, I just love to watch someone dominate on a football field.

I didn't look anything up on the internet. I remember those two very well because they were the so called #1 QB recruits in their respective states. Davis was signed in 2000 after Vick's freshman year. Hunt was signed after Vick left. Hunt was signed in 2001, the same year as Bryan Randall. The recruiting experts thought Hunt was the QB of the future and Randall would be moved to defense. Neither of them transferred because of academic reasons. Davis never made the dress squad that I can remember and Hunt didn't get further than #3.

If you want a walk-on first round draft pick take a look at John Engleberger. Also Jake Grove who's only D1 offer was from Virginia Tech (I think he may have gone in the 2nd round though).

As for Justin not being in any recruiting databases or whatever, David Clowney, VT WR, wasn't mentioned on any website whatsoever until around January of the year he was recruited. Same can be said for QB Cory Holt. Both are doing well at VT although Holt has a logjam in front of him at QB.

Think about this one thing....how many NONE VA players actaully play for Frank Beamer anyway? He may recruit them, or they might wal-on, but they very seldom play. There is however an exception of a few.

If you like wathching a dominating player Godfather. You are in luck. We happen to have several. And when you have to refer to the "C" word, that we no longer use in Richlands. You have FAILED miserably to make your point. You have your opinion, not that it's worth much. And for you Sandman. The halftime show isn't the only one you are missing. Good Luck with the barstool!

country70......i never said he was not d1 material....i said he was not a d1 qb......and maybe they should go to emory....lol.....it seems i get into arguments with you more than anybody.......what gives......lol.....

John Engleberger is a former walk on that was a first rounder. He did play for Tech. That is a excellent trivia question. I could not find any other players who have been in the same situation. Nice bit of knowledge. smile.gif

***Sandman no offense to anyone in richlands but that was about the funniest thing I ever read! I know Breeding personally and he was a tremendous athelete. We are friends but that is hillarious. LOL

Just trying to parody some of the obsurd comments that have seem to started popping up.

[ QUOTE ]

idk i could be taken this wrong but you all are sounding like its bad to go to emory even tho they are about to win the ODAC. i could be taken it wrong tho!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's never bad to go to college. Regardless of the level of football they play.

Heath Miller is probably the greatest TE ever from this area (I never saw him at QB). Timmy Brown is the best pure athlete in RHS history. He could take over a game, and as Grundy learned in 2002, no lead was safe as long as he was in the there. But he wasn't the polished quarterback that McCracken is. He had a strong arm but wasn't all that accurate when he threw deep. McCracken is the best pure quarterback to ever come through Richlands. It absolutely baffles me when people who have seen him play say otherwise. What baffles me even more is that it's only the local fans that are doubting him. Those from outside the area who have seen him play give him his due. I don't claim to be a football expert. I'm far from it. And to tell the truth there are only a handful of people on this board I would call experts and not one of them has posted in this thread so I revert to my earlier statement of let's just wait and see what happens.

Yeah, hes an high school qb on a D1 qb.Only people in d1 from Richlands right now is Cain Ringstaff Virginia,Matt McGlothlin Tennessee,and in D2 Richlands has Rob Stanton Richmond,And Brandon Gayheart Morehead State.and that i can thank of is Tazewell has 2 guys on Virginia Tech, Ahmad Bradshaw of course from Graham who is At Marshall and is practaclly the rb in the C-USA. Daryl Roberson from Liberty Bedford is now At Virginia Tech.Bill Dudley was from Graham He,s in the Football hall of Fame Mike Compton From Richlands won 3 rings with the pats Heath Miller from Hona ker with the Pittsburgh steelers so we also have good football players in SWVA

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hes an high school qb on a D1 qb.Only people in d1 from Richlands right now is Cain Ringstaff Virginia,Matt McGlothlin Tennessee,and in D2 Richlands has Rob Stanton Richmond,And Brandon Gayheart Morehead State.and that i can thank of is Tazewell has 2 guys on Virginia Tech, Ahmad Bradshaw of course from Graham who is At Marshall and is practaclly the rb in the C-USA. Daryl Roberson from Liberty Bedford is now At Virginia Tech.Bill Dudley was from Graham He,s in the Football hall of Fame Mike Compton From Richlands won 3 rings with the pats Heath Miller from Hona ker with the Pittsburgh steelers so we also have good football players in SWVA

[/ QUOTE ]

Big House wore that boy from Liberty out last year I don't know how he went to Tech. Just wish Big House had a head on his shoulders and would have buckled down in school he may have even went somewhere.