THE RICHLANDS-LEBANON GAME

rvtne216

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see this series end. After takin' a break for a few years to let the hitting spill back onto the field, It's been all Richlands all 3 times they've played after Lebanon dominated this series in the 90's (except the '92 fumble fest).

I got to watch this game last year and Lebanon had over 200 yards rushing and had a couple long first half drives stall inside the 10. I think they'll be in it. within 40 anyway. There's always some hard hittin' in this one.

I gotta give Coach Mance some credit. He has really separated Richlands from the rest of the pack in swva. He's done a really good job there i think.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it's a smart move by Richlands and Powell Valley. Richlands will pick up a pile of points for playing successful division 2 team vs possibly losing to a division 3 or 4 team

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands picked up Powell Valley because the two schools never wanted to stop playing each other to begin with. They only stopped because the SWD and Highlands agreed to schedule each other in anticipation of a merger. Richlands would love to schedule a division 3 or 4 team and hopefully they can do that with the one remaining slot next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that we're picking up Martinsville but i'm not really sure

[ QUOTE ]

we would give bluefield a call but we dont want to get cheated out of any of our games...

[/ QUOTE ]

This issue had been brought up several times this year, and it is a thing of the past. Even Bluefield recognized that the refs were horrible, and the situation was taken care (as i understand, the refs no longer ref games in this area)So stop with accusing Bluefield of cheating. It's kinda like when people bring up the cleatgate issue. Richlands hates it, and I'm sure Bluefield fans are tired of hearing about the bad refs. So please give it a rest. Because the only thing it does is make Richlands fans look bad.

yea we do bring it up but we dont play bluefield bc bluefield is a weak team....wv isnt known for football anyways.........i mean look how stupid wv is when ur in a state game, up by 2 tds and then u still throw the ball and let the team come back????

[ QUOTE ]

yea we do bring it up but we dont play bluefield bc bluefield is a weak team....wv isnt known for football anyways.........i mean look how stupid wv is when ur in a state game, up by 2 tds and then u still throw the ball and let the team come back????

[/ QUOTE ]you keep bringing bluefield up...why?? did it effect you in some special way? it's stupid arguing about a game that happened a long time ago anyway. making it to a state championship game 4 years int he row is a great accomplishment, it doesn't matter who you are or what state you're in...i'm not from bluefield but I respect what they do and how they always seem to have sucess year to year...maybe you should think about that..and not say anything. it'd be great

Cool Post EH31, This board is great to get on here and read about sports in our area. I truly enjoy it, but we have those few that badger opposing teams or make imposible comparisons of who is better when they play 15-20 years apart. Lets enjoy the board for what it is. Dont keep bringing up stuff of the past and brand good young new teams.

[ QUOTE ]

I've heard Martinsville too but I've also heard two other possibilities. Personally, I want to play someone from the Roanoke area. Just have to wait and see I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to play teams like Salem, Hidden Valley, or Blaksburg in the regular season.

[ QUOTE ]

So Powell Valley and Honaker away, Gate City and Martinsville at home?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I understand it to be, I am not sure if it is signed sealed and delivered yet. But I do Powell Valley is for sure.