We would like to see Richlands vs. James Monroe

yarlo

dawg05.... seeing the number of times you have posted and your comments reveals how ignorant you are... bluefield never dropped tazewell or richlands, they dropped bluefield. bluefield has been begging them to play.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is crap. Noone knows the real reason why the teams do not play anymore. None of us on here make the schedules and know one on here i would dare say made the schedule in the years past, so please let this scheduling issue go. It makes no sense and it only makes each school look bad for making excuses why another team want play another. All that we know and hear is just speculation.

[ QUOTE ]

dawg05.... seeing the number of times you have posted and your comments reveals how ignorant you are... bluefield never dropped tazewell or richlands, they dropped bluefield. bluefield has been begging them to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not read very well....i never said bluefield dropped either tazewell or richlands....all i said was they should play each other.....but i guess you're a big man cause you can get on here and talk big...a real cool guy!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep telling each other to schedule this team or that team if they are so tough. We are fans, how many people on this board have control over who their team schedules?

[/ QUOTE ]

weaker and less accomplished??? what a joke..look who u r playing...wow weir, james monroe, oh wait ull play Grundy, wow ull really r accomplishing alot...

What else can you suggest when you are continually called out by weaker and less accomplished football programs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Grundy in the mighty SWD? Last time I checked, you were trying to convince me how superior VA football is and in the process, you down a SWD team and basically contradict your whole argument? Also, it'd help if you actually knew how to reply to a message and not put your post in the middle of a quote. Just a suggestion...

[ QUOTE ]

whatever.... ure not worth the effort

i have no need or desire to prove anything to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

with your logic and posting skills, i wouldnt post too much either

Sandman, Brother Pargo said just because you can spell football doesn't mean you know know anything about football.

The Mitchell Brothers have been to a lot of high school football games over the years and have seen a lot of gooooood teams. This year we have seen teams from Kentucky (8-18 Belfry vs. Newport Central Catholic & 8-19 Henry Clay vs. Pikeville), Tenn.( D-B vs. Jefferson Co.), North Carolina (Reidsville, NC at Magna Vista), West Virginia and of course Virginia. Maybe you should get off your couch and go see what good high school football is all about. Ya all take care now.

• 2 weeks later...

The beloved Dawgs would probably have a tough time beating their way out of a wet paper bag.....I've seen Richlands and they are a very very good football team....I've seen Graham at their best aganist Bluefield......and the Dawgs beating up quality teams such as Virginia High.....How many quality teams has Tazewell played....yes you beat Graham on a down year but seriously...I'm impartial to all the schools you have mentioned.....I do not think that James Monroe would fair very well aganist Richlands but I feel like they would handle Tazewell with ease...Graham and James Monroe would be a good game because of the G.mens style of defense.....just a thought from a guy who has no affiliation with none of the schools

[ QUOTE ]

Sandman, Brother Pargo said just because you can spell football doesn't mean you know know anything about football.

The Mitchell Brothers have been to a lot of high school football games over the years and have seen a lot of gooooood teams. This year we have seen teams from Kentucky (8-18 Belfry vs. Newport Central Catholic & 8-19 Henry Clay vs. Pikeville), Tenn.( D-B vs. Jefferson Co.), North Carolina (Reidsville, NC at Magna Vista), West Virginia and of course Virginia. Maybe you should get off your couch and go see what good high school football is all about. Ya all take care now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy oh boy, Pikeville and Henry Clay, wow! What football juggernaughts you have layed your blessed eyes on this fall.

Fattening up on the creampuffs that James Monroe does it's no wonder they lay a turd in the playoffs every year.

Yabo, you and Brother Prego can keep your long shower sessions to yourselves.

Personally I believe Bluefield would be willing to play any of the southwest district teams that they don't already play. I'd also say Mount View would play any of them as well other than possibly Grundy,because of something that happened in the past.

[ QUOTE ]

Easy on Pikeville. Those boys came to Bluefield when Isabelle was a senior and gave the young lads a beating not seen by many Beaver fans. 50 something to very little. Same year that the young lads took the G-boys to the wood shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

34-0 or 34-6...don't remember if Bluefield scored or not...Pikeville looked like a small college team...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Easy on Pikeville. Those boys came to Bluefield when Isabelle was a senior and gave the young lads a beating not seen by many Beaver fans. 50 something to very little. Same year that the young lads took the G-boys to the wood shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

34-0 or 34-6...don't remember if Bluefield scored or not...Pikeville looked like a small college team...

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best, if not the best, high school teams I have ever seen play at Mitchell Stadium. Don't they recruit though?

actually it was '95 when bluefield played pikeville, when bluefield was good but still youthful, with many of the players from the '96 and '97 teams starting. They were good, but their team really was centered around isabell, who made up for a lot of the youth at a lot of other positions with his dominating play, but bluefield was nothing the likes of the '96 or '97 bluefield teams that season.

That said, they should have played pikeville in '96 but unfortunately they didn't and bluefield owes them a game at pikeville.

Bluefield's simply going to have to consider other regions or states, or contact some further away teams such as keyser, that's all there is to it.

Most teams in the south simply won't have anything to do with them and considering the caliber of many of those it's just as well, aside from scheduling wayne or poca maybe.

swd teams and other va teams have district schedules that make it difficult. These are simply the facts that bluefield's coaches and fans should have figured out by now....

[ QUOTE ]

swd teams and other va teams have district schedules that make it difficult. These are simply the facts that bluefield's coaches and fans should have figured out by now....

[/ QUOTE ]

And when it works out that one of those Southwestern Virginia teams could pick up Bluefield, a number of them don't have the nerve to do so.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and btw... bluefield and richlands scrimmaged and bluefield won.

[/ QUOTE ]

With Richladns JV line playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually richlands dominated the scrimmage with 1/3rd of the starters out due to injury........a healthy r'lands would win by 3 td's or more against bluefield....bluefield's score came very late and after richlands began subbing for the remaining starters

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And when it works out that one of those Southwestern Virginia teams could pick up Bluefield, a number of them don't have the nerve to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, richlands is currently looking for a 10th game next season......maybe it will happen

its a fact...ull barely beat us with only 2 starting lineman...we didnt even show anything that we run now...we score 50 points a game and only allow 5......so yea its a fact and u better be glad they dont play Richlands bc youll wouldnt be in the playoffs right now with an L