1. 1. Who wins a tight Hogo race?

• Rural Retreat 1-0/4-0
    • Chilhowie 1-0/4-0
    • Lebanon 2-0/ 2-2
    • George Wythe 0-1/3-1
    • Holston 0-1/3-1
    • Northwood 0-1/3-1

[ QUOTE ]

25-30? For the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? Why can't the all-district God's schedule tryouts on a different day... LIKE WHEN THERE IS NOT A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? They did the same thing last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Swartz thinks they will move the date for next year

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan , I truly appreciate the RHS band and I know the hard work the mambers and parents put in, but for the life of me I cant understand why the "powers that be" couldnt have rescheduled this years All District tryouts on a different date. They should have known last year when the band had to take seperate buses.

I agree with you...the powers that be obviously have no care about the kids...we were gonna tryout on discs tmar at Tazewell High with kids from J.I. Burton and Giles adn Grahams band dir. was gonna administer it...but they suddenly decided yesterday that it wasnt fair to the kids of other schools...its complete BS!!! i like to go to All District...but my heart lies in Big Blue Football!!! watch for me sat. i have the solo

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

come on guys whats more important All District or STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!! I WANT A STATE TITLE, HOLD THE MAYO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...good one

Big Blue Alum- the band did used to play on offense and now that it is such a big deal they have stopped...why dont they just skip the tryout things, cj arms skipped his choir tryouts for the graham game...all he had to do was go to it and he would have had a scholarship to college. i still dont understand y college students are in our band

some of those people have the oppurtunity to get a college schlorship (sp) and they dont have a state football game to worry about...and as for the 2 college students...we had 3 percussionists gone to take SAT's and its impossible to perform a show with no beat in the backround...they wont b in teh band saturday

[ QUOTE ]

Big Blue Alum- the band did used to play on offense and now that it is such a big deal they have stopped...why dont they just skip the tryout things, cj arms skipped his choir tryouts for the graham game...all he had to do was go to it and he would have had a scholarship to college. i still dont understand y college students are in our band

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't blame them for choosing tryouts over the football game. They're musicians, not football players. The people in charge though should understand they have three schools playing for State Championships on the day of the tryouts. Same thing happened last year so that changes "honest mistake" to "don't care"

[ QUOTE ]

how did i do in my solo? i personally think i screwed up horribly

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't notice if you did and neither did anyone else. You played in front of football fans, not competition judges.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't blame them for choosing tryouts over the football game. They're musicians, not football players. The people in charge though should understand they have three schools playing for State Championships on the day of the tryouts. Same thing happened last year so that changes "honest mistake" to "don't care"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with BigD on this one. The powers to be should have enough foresight to schedule these events on days that would not be affected by any team in the district that may end up in the play offs. Its not just the band either. The choir scheduled a couple of concerts recently that went unnoticed due to it taking place on a Friday night when football was being played.

you know what this is really funny, bandsucks and freshprince, noone cares about your opinion and the band has never been given the respect that we deserve, i could have cared less if we won state,and i think about everybody but about 5 ppl in the band actually did, cause we are made fun of on a daliy basis so why should we care or support? and after we got done playing noone cared, cause we didnt score a touchdown, 90 % people in this town re-live there high school days and their lifes through our football team, cause thats all they care about in this town, the all go to their jobs at emats, and places on friday than its go football after that, but noone cares about the band, and we dont care what ppl think about us either, so everybody in this town we DO NOT care about ur opinions cause why should we when were an 8 soon to be 9 time va honor band and one of the best and the state, so all these football supporters can take their opinions and shove it, cause we dont give a damn....