• Lebanon 2-0/ 2-2
    • George Wythe 0-1/3-1
    • Holston 0-1/3-1
    • Northwood 0-1/3-1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I hate band with a passion. I use to be in it when i waz in high school and IT SUCKS!! I dont c y they are even at the games. they should do their little competions wat they do best at and the football team should play their games what the definetly do best. I dont c how u could even call band a sport or even a semi sport. It prbly is a little hard work but i mean seriously NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A SPORT! Definition of sport:Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. SO BAND IS NOT A SPORT OR SEMI SPORT

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I hate band with a passion. I use to be in it when i waz in high school and IT SUCKS!! I dont c y they are even at the games. they should do their little competions wat they do best at and the football team should play their games what the definetly do best. I dont c how u could even call band a sport or even a semi sport. It prbly is a little hard work but i mean seriously NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A SPORT! Definition of sport:Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. SO BAND IS NOT A SPORT OR SEMI SPORT

[/ QUOTE ]

go ask ne of the players...the game wouldnt b the same w/o a band...it pumps the team up to hear the fight song

[ QUOTE ]

...Definition of sport:Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. SO BAND IS NOT A SPORT OR SEMI SPORT

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you just proved that band is a sport. Its is a physical avtivity...there are many rules and customs...and of course there are several band competitions each year.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You just contradicted yourself by saying band's not a sport and then defining it. Sport or not, we don't care. We still like it.

While you have the right to express your opinion, you should respect other opinions.

band isn't a sport so all yall band people just stop trying to get it called a sport. your not ever going to be on ESPN for breaking a sweat on 110 degree turf for 10 days or however long band camp is. REAL ATHLETES spend over a month in 110 degree heat every year. you may like band in high school but i know way over half the people in my grade are only taking band for a high school credit then dropping out. i really dont see the point in doing it for that, BAND IS NOT A SPORT, get that in your head. lol

[ QUOTE ]

band isn't a sport so all yall band people just stop trying to get it called a sport. your not ever going to be on ESPN for breaking a sweat on 110 degree turf for 10 days or however long band camp is. REAL ATHLETES spend over a month in 110 degree heat every year. you may like band in high school but i know way over half the people in my grade are only taking band for a high school credit then dropping out. i really dont see the point in doing it for that, BAND IS NOT A SPORT, get that in your head. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually band competitions are televised on ESPN. So are cheering competitions.

Do yourself a favor and go to a band competition next year. I bet you'll find new respect for the band when you see that what they do really isn't all that different from what you do.

By the way, that month the football team spends practicing in 100 degree heat... So does the band.

Buddy, I never said band was a sport. I said I really don't care whether or not it's a sport-I still like it anyway. I'm sure most other band people feel that way.

I was pretty much telling that guy who defined a sport that he might want to use a better argument. I could really care less whether band were a sport or not. It won't make me like it any less if it were or were not.

I respect that what athletes do is hard work. I expect the same.

yeah in those months the band is practicing in 100 degree heat, what are they doing to break a sweat besides doing those little step us things or running a couple laps. i watched them practice all summer while i was playing football, they didnt do anything hard. if you think those little step ups are hard, try doing those on bleachers instead of just standing there lifting your legs up in the air, try doing wind sprints instead of running a lap. big difference between those two...and the only reason band competitions come on is because the bands pay ESPN x amount of money just to be on ESPN like all the athletes.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah in those months the band is practicing in 100 degree heat, what are they doing to break a sweat besides doing those little step us things or running a couple laps. i watched them practice all summer while i was playing football, they didnt do anything hard. if you think those little step ups are hard, try doing those on bleachers instead of just standing there lifting your legs up in the air, try doing wind sprints instead of running a lap. big difference between those two...and the only reason band competitions come on is because the bands pay ESPN x amount of money just to be on ESPN like all the athletes.

[/ QUOTE ]What does it matter anyway?

not as good as Hidden Valley's band, they were awesome. best band ive heard at a high school football game. i have a question about the RHS band, "Why were there college students playing in the band yesterday."

From what I understand a couple of students had to take the SATs so the band couldn't have done the half-time show for the fans without them. They wanted to make sure to do the show, to show support for the team. You would have to be sitting on the other side to see how impressive our band is. GREAT JOB BAND, GREAT JOB TEAM. Boy, I'm PROUD to be from Richlands.

They did have a good band but I wish Richlands could've had everyone there. The TV guys made the comment that "The Richlands band put on a nice show before the game but they're a 10 point underdog to Hidden Valley!"

We r gonna have ALOT of ppl gone this sat...Its All-District tryouts...and alot of people arent coming...25-30...but im going...and i have the solo in the halftime show...

25-30? For the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? Why can't the all-district God's schedule tryouts on a different day... LIKE WHEN THERE IS NOT A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? They did the same thing last year.