THE RAIDERS

Big_ern99

Burton and Richlands have about the same chance of winning their respective state titles. But there is a huge difference between D1 and D3 football. I would take Richlands over the Raiders any day. I also think Graham and Tazewell would come out on top if they were to play you.

Now Bluekick, don't be knocking on smaller schools. Richlands should be playing in Divison 4. It's a shame they had to drop to Divison 3 to compete in the playoffs. I guess you boys are glad you all don't have to play Magna Vista anymore.

Richlands didnt elect to drop, VHSL makes those decisions. Richlands handles themselves fairly well and will represent SWVA very well. The SWD teams are tough competion year after year. And if memory serves me right, we ousted Magna Vista the last meeting we had.

William Campbell schedule:

W Sussex Central 48-16

L Magna Vista 24-19

W Giles 35-21

W Randolph Henry 53-7

W Amelia Co. 42-20

W Nelson Co. 37-7

W Altavista 56-6

L Morehead,NC 21-20

W Gretna 41-20

W Chatham 24-20

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't see Richlands winning state. JI Burton might be the only team that has a chance of winning a state title this year from Southwest Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

J.I. Burton will not win State...count on it...must beat William Campbell to do that...not going to happen...Richlands, on the other hand, has a very good shot at winning State...

[ QUOTE ]

W Sussex Central 48-16

L Magna Vista 24-19

W Giles 35-21

W Randolph Henry 53-7

W Amelia Co. 42-20

W Nelson Co. 37-7

W Altavista 56-6

L Morehead,NC 21-20

W Gretna 41-20

W Chatham 24-20

[/ QUOTE ]

Sussex Central...#1 seed in Region A, Division 1

Magna Vista...#1 seed in Region IV, Division 4

Giles...#1 seed in Region C, Division 2

Gretna...#2 seed in Region B, Divison 2

Does this guy seriously think J.I. Burton will beat William Campbell??? William Campbell beat them 18-0 last year in the title game. Franklin beat them 41-0 in the title game the year before. Bath Co. beat them 38-6 in the State Semis the year before that before losing to Sussex Central in the title game 20-0. And the year before that, JIB lost to Appalachia in the opening round, 14-6...Appy lost in the title game to William Campbell 70-0 that year. Face it, the Region C and D teams don't have a chance against teams from Regions A and B...as a matter of fact, the last time a Region C or D team even SCORED in the State Championship game was 2001.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

W Sussex Central 48-16

L Magna Vista 24-19

W Giles 35-21

W Randolph Henry 53-7

W Amelia Co. 42-20

W Nelson Co. 37-7

W Altavista 56-6

L Morehead,NC 21-20

W Gretna 41-20

W Chatham 24-20

[/ QUOTE ]

Sussex Central...#1 seed in Region A, Division 1

Magna Vista...#1 seed in Region IV, Division 4

Giles...#1 seed in Region C, Division 2

Gretna...#2 seed in Region B, Divison 2

Does this guy seriously think J.I. Burton will beat William Campbell??? William Campbell beat them 18-0 last year in the title game. Franklin beat them 41-0 in the title game the year before. Bath Co. beat them 38-6 in the State Semis the year before that before losing to Sussex Central in the title game 20-0. And the year before that, JIB lost to Appalachia in the opening round, 14-6...Appy lost in the title game to William Campbell 70-0 that year. Face it, the Region C and D teams don't have a chance against teams from Regions A and B...as a matter of fact, the last time a Region C or D team even SCORED in the State Championship game was 2001.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think GMan just owned you buddy

Easy there Gman, don't hurt our JI Burton's (faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap buildings in a single bound, faster than a locamotive) feelings. All, I forgot one other thing able to take one of the bigest thumpings in State playoff history. Richlands will represent.

Granted scrimmages really don't mean anything but I saw Burton one year with 26 players in grades 9-12 completely destroy Tenn. High in a scrimmage almost scoring at will. That same year in the big Grid-O-Rama, Burton spanked Graham who was just coming of its state championship and tore Radford a new one as well in the two halves played there. They also dusted Lee that year like 55-6 and Lee had a good team. Don’t ever doubt J.I. Burton. They would give Richlands all they wanted. Besides Burton plays up in competition in almost every game. Does Richlands do that? I don’t think so.

I still don't think J.I.Burton and keep up with William Campbell though. I do think however they are the 2nd best team in our area, behind Richlands. That would be closer than folks think though. I don't think they could hang for the full 4 quarters with the Blues though. That might be what happens to them in the Championship game as well? I hope I'm wrong I hope we have a Champion in all levels. Good luck to everyone!

[ QUOTE ]

Giles won last years Dvision 2 Title over Mannass Park

35-34! So there was a region C team that put up a few points in the title game!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was refering to Division 1, not Division 2...

[ QUOTE ]

...Besides Burton plays up in competition in almost every game. Does Richlands do that? I don’t think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats easy to do when every school around you is bigger than you. We would have to travel pretty far to "play up".