THE RAIDERS

Big_ern99

In the scrimmage against Graham. Burton won 7-6 on a last second touchdown in a scrimmage...(spanked Graham? I think not.) Graham had numerous subs in at the time. Buster Large, a former Graham product was the coach at J.I. at the time and you would've thought that J.I. had won the superbowl when they won that scrimmage...Don't be ridiculous...richlands would beat J.I. by 50 this season...some other years, J.I. might've kept it close...but nobody in Region IV...or Region D could compete with them this season.

Big Ern99, must have come out of that cave you've been living in for the past three months. I suggest you grab a local newspaper and catch up on Richland's season, or better yet just buy a paper and have someone read it to you. Choke, I doubt. Any given Friday night, very possible...in playoffs. But, if your betting on Burton winning over Richlands....go spend your money on Lottery tickets...scratch them just like your scrathing your head now reading this....your chances are better there my friend. Burton is good, good enough to beat W.C. I hope but doubt.

Well you are ignorant if you think Richlands would beat Burton by 50. Burton would give them all they wanted and then some and might even win the game. Richlands has a slight advantage in size, but Burton has much more speed. Has far as the Grid-O-Rama goes you have a pretty good memory my friend. I do not however blame them boys for acting like they just won the super bowl when they kicked Grahams butt. Did you see how they acted after stomping Radford 35-7? I think that was Radfords first year leaving AA and their first introduction to real football like is played every week in the LPD.

Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richlands would kill J.I. Burton. Burton is on the same talent level as Tazewell and Lebanon and look what Richlands done to them. The better the team that Richlands play the better they play. They could have beaten any team they wanted (except maybe Graham) worse than they beat Lebanon and Tazewell but they came ready to play in those games and weren't as fired up against say Grundy or Abingdon. They would do to J.I. Burton what they done to Lebanon.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands would kill J.I. Burton. Burton is on the same talent level as Tazewell and Lebanon and look what Richlands done to them. The better the team that Richlands play the better they play. They could have beaten any team they wanted (except maybe Graham) worse than they beat Lebanon and Tazewell but they came ready to play in those games and weren't as fired up against say Grundy or Abingdon. They would do to J.I. Burton what they done to Lebanon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Right. You obviously know nothing of the history of SWVA football or nothing about the LPD. On any given year, Gate City, Powell Valley, Appy, Burton, or Clintwood would have a shot at winning the Southwest District. How many state titles do you guys have? Appy by themselves has more titles than all of you put together.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Right. You obviously know nothing of the history of SWVA football or nothing about the LPD. On any given year, Gate City, Powell Valley, Appy, Burton, or Clintwood would have a shot at winning the Southwest District. How many state titles do you guys have? Appy by themselves has more titles than all of you put together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this conversation is about this years teams... not all of the past LPD state title teams put together. But I guess thats what it would take to beat Richlands. j/k But in all seriousness, the raiders wouldnt have a chance against the Blues if the blues played like they have all year. Burton is good, but they are not at the level of Richlands this year...maybe in years past, but NOT this year, I can promise you that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The LPD wouldn't have all those titles if the SWD teams that are Class A size actually played at the Class A level...if those schools would like to test the water, they are more than welcome to "play up" like Graham, Tazewell, Grundy, etc....

Well put Gman. It is always to play up in all things. Why would you want to be the best of the runts, when you can compete year in year out against superior competition. You may not have as many championships, but that is worth the risk.

This does not apply to those true small "A" schools. In no way should schools like Appalachia etc. play "AA" schedules. But some programs would rather be dominant in their little fish bowls than challenge themselve.

This post will irk some of you but so be it.

[ QUOTE ]

Well put Gman. It is always to play up in all things. Why would you want to be the best of the runts, when you can compete year in year out against superior competition. You may not have as many championships, but that is worth the risk.

This does not apply to those true small "A" schools. In no way should schools like Appalachia etc. play "AA" schedules. But some programs would rather be dominant in their little fish bowls than challenge themselve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you Jr. when Appy was beating AA Gate City, AA Lee, and AAA Sullivan North all in the same year? And JIB beat AAAA Tenn High, AA Graham and AA Lee. JIB and Appy do it year in and year out with 25-30 players in grades 9-12. Yeah Richlands has a good team and I hope they win it all but do not think that they could and/or would walk all over JIB. Bottom line, JIB could compete with Richlands. You do not have to like it, just grow a pair and except it. Go Raiders!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you Jr. when Appy was beating AA Gate City, AA Lee, and AAA Sullivan North all in the same year? And JIB beat AAAA Tenn High, AA Graham and AA Lee. JIB and Appy do it year in and year out with 25-30 players in grades 9-12. Yeah Richlands has a good team and I hope they win it all but do not think that they could and/or would walk all over JIB. Bottom line, JIB could compete with Richlands. You do not have to like it, just grow a pair and except it. Go Raiders!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

JIB has never played Graham...when it matters...

The bottom line is this is a pointless discussion. All we've heard all year is so and so would beat Richlands. All the while the accomplishments of this team have made out to be insignificant. They deserve respect and credit for what they've done, not talk about how every team THEY DON'T PLAY would beat them by two touchdowns.

[ QUOTE ]

Sussex Central...#1 seed in Region A, Division 1

Magna Vista...#1 seed in Region IV, Division 4

Giles...#1 seed in Region C, Division 2

Gretna...#2 seed in Region B, Divison 2

[/ QUOTE ]

And Morehead was the #10 seed in NC 3-A West, finishing at 7-4.

These are the teams I am talking about. Next year we get to add Lee @ 829 (who from a cost standpoint I understand, having lived in Lee Co.) and VA High @ 669.

Division 2 in Regions C & D

Grayson County 671

Floyd County 627

Battle, John 587

Glenvar 557

Lebanon 537

Giles 536

Gate City 581

Division 3 in Region III & IV

Tazewell 556

Grundy Sr. 516

Graham 502

The numbers came straight off of the VHSL website.

[ QUOTE ]

These are the teams I am talking about. Next year we get to add Lee @ 829 (who from a cost standpoint I understand, having lived in Lee Co.) and VA High @ 669.

Division 2 in Regions C & D

Grayson County 671

Floyd County 627

Battle, John 587

Glenvar 557

Lebanon 537

Giles 536

Gate City 581

Division 3 in Region III & IV

Tazewell 556

Grundy Sr. 516

Graham 502

The numbers came straight off of the VHSL website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I could see those SWD teams beating Battle but after that they would have a hard time beating any of the others on a consistent bases. JIB would more than likely consistently beat those Region C teams plus the SWD teams you mentioned. Bottom line Richlands would not walk all over JIB and you're an idiot it you think they would.

Get out of that room with all the smoke and mirrors frog. To be honest most of us don't even care about all those teams of yesteryear, but more importantly the present. Dude I'm sorry but you dont have the size, depth, or overall talent that "This Years RICHLANDS Team" has. This is not throwing off on your team or district it's fact. I would hope that all of our fellow teams represents the area well. Just don't start the post that you guys could thump, beat, or honestly hang with Richland's team this year. It does us no good to even play you, if we win then it's like hitting a girl ( where's the Chivalry in that). Just settle down Frog and enjoy your team's year. Just quit barking up our tree..... because dude that not a racoon up there your barking at..... it's a BEAR!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Get out of that room with all the smoke and mirrors frog. To be honest most of us don't even care about all those teams of yesteryear, but more importantly the present. Dude I'm sorry but you dont have the size, depth, or overall talent that "This Years RICHLANDS Team" has. This is not throwing off on your team or district it's fact. I would hope that all of our fellow teams represents the area well. Just don't start the post that you guys could thump, beat, or honestly hang with Richland's team this year. It does us no good to even play you, if we win then it's like hitting a girl ( where's the Chivalry in that). Just settle down Frog and enjoy your team's year. Just quit barking up our tree..... because dude that not a racoon up there your barking at..... it's a BEAR!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you in the wrong sports room there bro? Plus you're an idiot too. Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed you've replied to several post as your an idiot. One who doesn't know who his real brother is, I think is the real idiot.......don't flatter yourself....I assure you I'm not your brother. If your Frog Levels Finest......I can tell you make them proud. Try to come back a little stronger with your post.....or go back to playing with your twig and berries!!!!!