dawgs05

[ QUOTE ]

who would win?

'86 team - state champs

'94 team - the best team to achieve less ever

'99 team - last team to beat all the district teams

'04 team - Region IV Div 3 champs

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding??? The '86 team would have smoked an "all-star" team made up of the '94, '99, and '04 squads.

'86 team in a blowout of all three...

[ QUOTE ]

i personally dont know much about 3 of the teams...but i know the 04 team wasnt so great..yeah they were champs...but not the best...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol you just mad becasue the last game of the season you guys beat V-High ass and then the folling week they handed it back to ya.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i personally dont know much about 3 of the teams...but i know the 04 team wasnt so great..yeah they were champs...but not the best...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol you just mad becasue the last game of the season you guys beat V-High ass and then the folling week they handed it back to ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

2004 was not a very good team... They lost by 2 or more td's 5 times that season...one of those defeats was a 35-0 pasting by gate city, and richlands and grundy each beat t-well by 3 td's....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2004 was not a very good team... They lost by 2 or more td's 5 times that season...one of those defeats was a 35-0 pasting by gate city, and richlands and grundy each beat t-well by 3 td's....

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree....i had to put them in there bc they were the most recent region champ from Tazewell. Afterall, the '04 squad did only have to play a 5-6 V high team to win the region.....and they struggled with that

but personally, i believe the '94 team was the best of them all.....they had it all and absolutely VTed(choked) in the playoffs

AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE TO ATTACK PEOPLE AND USE PROFANITY, YOU ARE NOT A WELCOME MEMBER OF THIS BOARD!!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU'VE BEEN BANNED...NEXT TIME, I'LL MAKE SURE YOU DON'T RETURN...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands would beat all of them!!!j/k...I've gotta keep up the good name of all the Richlands fans on this board. lol

[/ QUOTE ]You are a dumbass..if your not going to do it right dont even post..OK!

[/ QUOTE ]

bigbluealum has been here longer than you...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands would beat all of them!!!j/k...I've gotta keep up the good name of all the Richlands fans on this board. lol

[/ QUOTE ]You are a dumbass..if your not going to do it right dont even post..OK!

[/ QUOTE ]

bigbluealum has been here longer than you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree....i had to put them in there bc they were the most recent region champ from Tazewell. Afterall, the '04 squad did only have to play a 5-6 V high team to win the region.....and they struggled with that

but personally, i believe the '94 team was the best of them all.....they had it all and absolutely VTed(choked) in the playoffs

[/ QUOTE ]

The '94 team featured Kon Patterson, Graham McPherson, Brian Phillips, Danny Sparks, and Jamie Watkins. Even will all those quality players. The '94 Richlands team beat that team 26-0.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The '94 team featured Kon Patterson, Graham McPherson, Brian Phillips, Danny Sparks, and Jamie Watkins. Even will all those quality players. The '94 Richlands team beat that team 26-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on that team as well!!!!

Agreed...not even close.

Talent-wise, that 1986 team was as good as any of the other recent state champs (89 and 95 Graham, 92 and 06 Richlands) though I'm not sure they would win head-to-head against all four because of coaching. The 86 team tended to play down to the level of their competition.

I can think of several players off that team that played college ball:

QB/FS Jesse Davis (full ride to VT but didn't qualify; played at Lees-McRae)

HB Quentin Reed (ETSU)

HB/DB Jeff Lamie (Ferrum--played mostly baseball but played at least a year of football I think)

C/DT Chris McCall (Clinch Valley)

OT John Blankenship (Ferrum)

DT Stephan Holloway (VT)

DT Robert Viney (Hampton)

OT Robbie Colley (punter at VT, didnt play OT there)

Also, DE Donnie Mitchem made the coaches' all-state team but I don't think he played college football

[ QUOTE ]

Who beat you in the playoffs that year and did you play right tackle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right tackle was JR Vandyke, left tackle was Mike Lambert, i was only a freshman that year but i was Big Danny Sparks back up!! lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

'94 team also lost to the G-Men.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets quit talking about our past teams and worry about 07... lets just say t-town is goin to be a football town the next few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Us has been can talk about the past you worry about the future!!!!