Shots fired at Va Tech!...................

sandman

"Gun control laws would not have made a difference"

That was from the owner of the gun shop who sold one of the guns to Cho, he said he did the most complete background check, even more than for a US citizen.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I just got back from the convocation service today and it was unbelievable. If vthokies4life, GHS06, and any others were able to make it, I'm sure you'll back me on this. I've never been more proud to be a Hokies in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there and i agree with you a hundred percent. I was glad that it wasn't a completely solemn and sad ceremony. The Hokie Spirit was incredible in there. The Lets Go Hokies chant gave me a chill. I'll continue to wear my maroon and orange proudly.

im not a vt fan! but 1 of my best friends goes there and i saw the convocation on tv and when they started the lets go hokies chant it was one of the most amazing things i have ever seen!! i am gonna wear a vt shirt tomorrow! the entire hokie nation is in my prayers!!!!

for some of you Beaver grads that dont know it, we have an alumni on the VT football staff. Mike Goforth is a friend of mine and graduated in 87 and hes the head trainer, he gets more tv time during an injury than some of the athletes...haha. We exchanged emails and hes fine, just said the campus was going thru a tough time and asked for prayers..just FYI

Really? I wasnt aware of that

Redshirt_beaver thats very touching man. People dont realize how hard it is for die hard mountaineer fans to wear VT gear to school. I dont own a single peice of clothing with a VT emblem, but i plan on buying a nike duke lacrosse shirt, and i guess when i do i'll purchase a tech shirt also

WASHINGTON -- The Nationals paid their respects to the 32 people who were killed at Virginia Tech in an attack by an armed gunman Monday afternoon by wearing Hokies hats starting in the second inning of Tuesday's game against the Braves.

The idea came from a fan named Dave Lanham from Calvert County, Md. He e-mailed team president Stan Kasten in the middle of the afternoon. Kasten thought it was a great idea and ordered 40 hats. The hats arrived in the first inning.

The Nationals also had a moment of silence for the victims at Virginia Tech for the second straight day.

I attended both the convocation and the candlelight vigil tonight, both were very touching and emotional to be apart of. The love and togetherness shown today was special, it's a shame it took such an event to bring that out in everyone. Before the chant began inside of Cassell it started inside of Lane Stadium with the thousands there. A few hundred chanting "Let's Go" and everyone then chanting "Hokies," just as they do prior to the start of Enter Sandman on gamedays.

I don't know how much of it they showed on TV, but it lasted longer than a few minutes. After some silence the crowd sang "Amazing Grace", the National Anthem, the Tech fight song, and then a long chant of Let’s Gooo…..Hokies. It was very moving and very touching, bought a tear to my eye. You could feel the love, pride, grief, support, etc. standing there in the middle of thousands of people. It’s definitely something I’ll take with me forever…

As you can see in those pictures. The hundreds apon thousands of candles lit in that picture. Im by no means a hokies fans, or a tar-heels fan. Rules would agree with me on that. But I feel the need to support them now more than ever. Familys and friends have lost there dear loved ones. And i feel the need to help them as if i feel people all around the world would do the same thing if something happened like that at our school