Shots fired at Va Tech!...................

sandman

My brother sent this to me it is from a Virginia Tech message board. Just reading this makes me furious.

He (Gill for short) is in grad school and was taking a class in Norris. The shooter came into his class and shot all fifteen people in his class, thirteen died. The shooter started with the front row with the kid nearest the door and shot each student across the front row. My friend was near the window. He was shot in the shoulder and another bullet (possibly as ricochet) lodged in the back of his skull at the base of his neck\skull. Gill dove to the floor and the guy setting beside him fell on top of him, which is what saved my friend. After the shooter shot everyone in the class and he then left and went to the next classroom. After shooting up the other class, he came back to Gill's class and shot anyone that was moving or moaning. Gill heard him coming and played dead, plus he had his dead classmate on top of him and so much blood. The shooter shot several people execution style that had survived the first class shhoting. Another classmate played dead the she and Gill were the only live ones from his class. He has had 2 surgeries today, the doctors removed the bullet from his head and he is in stable condition now. He is actually conscience and talking, hence the details of his encounter.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

"An armed society has no influence on someone like that."

Absolutley not, an unarmed society doesn't have any influence on that type of person. Whether that person is afraid of dying or not is irrelevant, the fact is they might very well shoot a few people but might very well be gunned down after a few, instead of 30.

Would you rather have a gun if you were locked in a building with that person or not, it's as simple as that.

There are numerous situations were guns in the hands of citizens ended situations such as this.

Most victims of murders in the u.s. were unarmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i give up...whatever you say there Moses...i don't think you are getting what i'm saying...but that's not important anymore...back to the events of today. Anything new yet?

[ QUOTE ]

"An armed society has no influence on someone like that."

Absolutley not, an unarmed society doesn't have any influence on that type of person. Whether that person is afraid of dying or not is irrelevant, the fact is they might very well shoot a few people but might very well be gunned down after a few, instead of 30.

Would you rather have a gun if you were locked in a building with that person or not, it's as simple as that.

There are numerous situations were guns in the hands of citizens ended situations such as this.

Most victims of murders in the u.s. were unarmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not against citizens being armed, I've even thought about it myself, but I'm not sure arming 25,000 college kids is a good idea. I think over time the mixture of kids, alcohol and firearms would result in more deaths than we saw today. And like Lance said, you can't stop someone who's willing to die. You might slow him down and prevent him from killing so many but you can't prevent him from trying.

How can you say he is wrong Lance.

The maniacs will not be affected by stupid gun laws and regulations.

They will do whatever it takes to get the means necessary to do their biddings.

I would much rather the professors and students be allowed to protect themselves then sitting there and getting mowed down.

[ QUOTE ]

The maniacs will not be affected by stupid gun laws and regulations.

They will do whatever it takes to get the means necessary to do their biddings.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was more or less what i was saying...i don't know how you two simpletons are getting confused with what i was saying.

you wouldn't have 25,000 students armed, most still wouldn't, most people will likely always assume they'll never have to defend themselves, or that if something happened then the police will be around, but out of the many, you would have enough to possibly make a big difference in situations such as this.

They punished 1 person for legally carrying a weapon with a permit, and in the name of making everyone "feel safe", their words, they restricted people's rights to defend themselves, and made everyone, defenseless. That 1 person could have made a difference.

What you all are suggesting isn't any different than suggesting don't fight crime at all, because we'll never stop it 100 %.

Wouldn't 10 people still be better than 30 some?

you also have a big rotc cadet program their, these people, many of them, train military style in summers or are in the natonal guard, not certain how it goes exactly, but you'd likely have a number of these people who would carry is possible, would you prefer a defenseless classroom full of students against a gunmen or 1 with a few military trained rotc students with handguns against a gunmen.

the shooter is just lucky he killed himself...everyone would hate him..including inmates...its a shame someone had to stoop this low and make people like us feel this way...its never a good thing to say someone is dead...but without this guy...society is without one more crazy mofo

you are correct, i don't support "guns" and i'm not against people having "guns"...I do support the right for people to have them, but i'm not sure that a classroom full of college students is an appropriate place to have an armed militia.

My point was, even if it was an armed militia, this guy could have walked in and done the same thing, just maybe not as many dead...but if he knew it was armed then there are still other ways to take out a classroom full of people if that is what your objective is.

So, don't use what happened today to go around and spew your idiot banter of how "by god everyone needs a gun" to solve the problem.

It's sad what happened, and you learn what you can from it...but don't use it as a political cornerstone for your personal beliefs on gun control.

I'll speak as freely as you. So don't suggest what I should and shouldn't write. Or simply ban me.

That said, it's only a fair warning that people are going to "support guns more" if they expect to go on having gun rights in this country, or at least they should not support the banning of guns in the certain oncoming debates over gun rights by the anti gun crowd who will rally because of this situation, doing so based on emotions.

If you don't take self defense seriously so be it, don't arm yourself ever, and rely on the good will of a person who would do this to spare your life, and hope for that mercy if it's your loved ones no differently. So be it.

And again I will speak out that people should arm themselves, if they will be wise enough to,

to prevent these things from happening again as much as possible.

It's not as if I have stock in the gun businesses. I do care about the safety of this country however.

Guest JJBrickface

Just wanted to say that everyone at VT and their families in my thoughts and prayers. There will be a candlelight vigil at 9 pm on Wednesday at Woodburn Circle here at WVU to remember those victims. May God Bless everyone in the VT community.

"I just think you're asking for even more trouble if you allow kids to cary guns on campus."

But credit these students some, these aren't kids, they're adults. Many younger than them fight in iraq every day. Some would choose to have guns, most wouldn't anyhow. I'd have faith in the 1s who would be wise enough to do it.

you are more than welcome to speak whatever you like, I'd never ban anyone for doing so...but,maybe if you want to go on and on and talk about your political views however, it might be better served in it's own thread so the rest of us could talk about what happened and not about your views on gun control.

I've seen your long winded posts before about guns, so it's not like this is new...you are just taking advantage of the situation now to deliver your personal view on it, which that is your choice and you can do that...just saying it might be better served in it's own thread and not in this one. Up to you though.

A friend of mine has been confirmed dead. Brian Bluhm (said "bloom"). He was a great guy from New Jersey. He loved the Lord, that's how I knew him, through the Baptist Collegiate Ministry on the tech campus. It's going to be a huge hit for our organization to be without Brian. So please give your prayers to Brian and his family. Thanks guys...