Shots fired at Va Tech!...................

sandman

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

my mom got an email saying he was fine...but thats scary...

[/ QUOTE ]

alright good, but if you come across his cell phone number, can you send it this way?

[ QUOTE ]

as far as i know all of them are ok....i believe a former Graham student was in a classroom that the shooting occurred but he got out without injury thank goodness....but i dont know if that is true or not...just here-say

[/ QUOTE ]

just found out, he was NOT in the building.

GHS had 40 students at Virginia Tech on an Art Club field trip as soon as we go there we were sent to Shanks Hall and stayed there till about 1:30. Shanks Hall and Norris are pretty close i think 1 or 2 buildings between and i did hear gun shots.

wow...scary...glad you were not closer when it went down.

I sure hope none of the local kids at Tech were involved/injured.

Anyone hearing anything about what actually happened yet?

i heard that the guy chained a door shut and that no one could get out.

back in the 60's at University of Texas there was a shooting and 13 people were killed and numerous others injured...i only know that because not too long ago i read an article on it in the Texas Monthly...its no where near this but the tragedy at UT was not a big one and it has since been pushed to the side...hopefully here in 20 or 30 years this will be disregarded...prayers are out to the family and friends of all those...

actually quite a bit has been learned from Columbine...I remember my day at THS my Junior year when the shootings happened....we kinda just went from class to class watching the news coverage all day

But the problem is, only at the High School level has anything really been applied that we learned from Columbine

I graduated from THS in 2000, since then they have locked the doors on a regular basis, installed security cameras(which when i was a student we never would have dreamed of happening), and isn't there strict rules on check-outs and just exactly who can do them, You have to have visitor IDs now(at least thats how it was the last time i stopped in THS)...things have changed drastically in the past few years but now i guess things will really change, especially at the college level all across the country

Well I'm fine. I've talked to a few people from our area. I talked to Jenna Faulkner from Graham earlier and she's fine. Ashish Patel from Richlands and Phillip Brookes from Honaker are both ok. None of these people has said anything about anyone they know, so the students from our area seem to be doing fine.

[ QUOTE ]

back in the 60's at University of Texas there was a shooting and 13 people were killed and numerous others injured...i only know that because not too long ago i read an article on it in the Texas Monthly...its no where near this but the tragedy at UT was not a big one and it has since been pushed to the side...hopefully here in 20 or 30 years this will be disregarded...prayers are out to the family and friends of all those...

[/ QUOTE ]

But that was a well trained marksman with a high powered rifle shootng from a high tower at people far away, these spree types of shootings are only going to get worse likely and unfortunately maybe impossible to defend against unless america does the right thing.

Let us all keep the families of the deceased and those wounded in our prayers. Like someone said this could have happened to any of us, anywhere. It is sad that it takes something like this to show the worst case scenario.

My prayers are with any of u that knew any of the victims if there are any of them on here.

I mean seriously whats going up at VT.....this is the 2nd shooting in the last 8 months! Something needs to be overhauled on that campus! I guess the firings will start with the Campus Police Chief

[ QUOTE ]

I mean seriously whats going up at VT.....this is the 2nd shooting in the last 8 months! Something needs to be overhauled on that campus! I guess the firings will start with the Campus Police Chief

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I speak for the majority of people on this board and around the area when I say it was very poorly managed.

If you have two murders and the police have no idea who the killer is, how can you leave campus open?

It makes no sense at all why the police would say the situation was contained when the shooter is still on the loose.

2nd shooting in 8 months? I don't think the convict who escaped from the hospital shot anyone on campus. That's just where he ran to after shooting a security guard. At least I think it was a security guard.