SWD Champs 2007...

ghs84

Which game was the biggest SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT in the VA playoffs???  

1. 1. Which game was the biggest SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT in the VA playoffs???

• Rockbridge Co. 41 R.E. Lee 12
    • Goochland 6 Gretna 0
    • Riverheads 35 William Campbell 31

Yes they will. Richlands will be competitive as long as the current coaching staff is there, the senior leadership they've had each of the past 3 seasons remains, the youth program stays strong, and the community continues to support the team the way they have... BUT it's a fantasy to think they will dominate everyone and win a state championship every year.

Having said all of that, I think the 2007 team has a chance to be every bit as good as 2005 and 2006. The offense won't put up as many points as 2006 and the defense won't shut everyone out like 2005 but overall I think this will be the most balanced team.

It's ultimately up to the players though. If they continue to treat every game as the most important one of the year, as the 2006 group did, they will be hard to beat.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

To say Richlands will win the district this year based on what the team did last year, even after they lost everyone from last years team is just plain dumb on your part

[/ QUOTE ]

lost everyone from last years team?? they return 9 players who started at least one game on defense.....and more overall players return than either of the last 2 years....quite frankly, you don't know what you are talking about..

[/ QUOTE ]

starting one game is not the same as being the main playmakers.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

things change with every season! To say Richlands will win the district this year based on what the team did last year, even after they lost everyone from last years team is just plain dumb on your part.....i dont mean to call you names but seriously, those boys who did the winning last year cant come back and do it again after they graduated......i thought they taught you guys better down there.......oh thats right, they change the grades in richlands......football, football, no class....a lil grade changing....lol....if you guys would quit with this RHS Football is god crap then maybe all us tazewell, graham, and grundy fans would lay off ....until that happens, believe me, we will point out every dirty play yall have done down there...lol......if it werent for all the hot women, richlands would be a sore eye on the county

[/ QUOTE ]

The name of this thread is "SWD Champs 2007..." and it asks who you think will win it. So, did you not expect people to say who they thought would win it? Besides, it wasn't even someone from Richlands that started talking about Richlands, it was someone from Grundy. No one from Richlands said our football program was "God", we have only given reasons to why we think we have a good chance to win the district, as the thread title suggests. Maybe Tazewell has been changing a few grades, because with your reading comprehension, there is no way you passed any of your SOLS. "LOL" (Because if you put LOL after you say it it makes it funny).

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, on every single post having to do with anything about football some RHS fan comes on those posts and basically talks absolute crap about all the other teams in the area. I never said they all do it but there is always someone who does. Sorry for the grade changing comment, but winning isnt everything. By the way, if you want to talk about reading comprehension, start a post.....

So, until the ignorance of those fans stop.....dont expect me or anyone else to listen to that junk....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

To say Richlands will win the district this year based on what the team did last year, even after they lost everyone from last years team is just plain dumb on your part

[/ QUOTE ]

lost everyone from last years team?? they return 9 players who started at least one game on defense.....and more overall players return than either of the last 2 years....quite frankly, you don't know what you are talking about..

[/ QUOTE ]

starting one game is not the same as being the main playmakers.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you were on this forum two years ago before the 2005 season.......following the 2004 season richlands lost their entire backfield (wells, ringstaff), their 2 best receivers (wr travis tatum, te jeremy keene), and 13 other starters.....however, most posters on this board knew that 2005 richlands was going to be very good....richlands lost 16 starters from 2005 and they won the title in 2006.....this year,we know how good players like fuller, wicks, davis, addison, pruitt, c. fuller, r. christian, addison, blankenship, jackson, fahardo, schweingruber, altizer, sizemore, cordle, presnell, and the others are because we've already seen them perform against the 1st teams of all the other district teams....

as for playmakers, richlands has more than any other team in the district....austin fuller is going to be, by far, the most explosive player in the district and is going to put all kinds of pressure on defenses because of the pass-run option......ben addison has been putting up big numbers for 2 years as a kick returner and had over 20 catches last year......matt davis can fly, has good height, and will be a great target.....schweingruber got plenty of experience at running back last year, and i think shane wicks could really have a big year on offense also....

[ QUOTE ]

dude, on every single post having to do with anything about football some RHS fan comes on those posts and basically talks absolute crap about all the other teams in the area. I never said they all do it but there is always someone who does. Sorry for the grade changing comment, but winning isnt everything. By the way, if you want to talk about reading comprehension, start a post.....

So, until the ignorance of those fans stop.....dont expect me or anyone else to listen to that junk....

[/ QUOTE ]

well...like i said before...and everyone knows...i'm a grundy fan...always will be...Richlands is probably one of if not the biggest rivals that Grundy has...but off the field we've all gotten together, Richlands, Grundy, Tazzy, and some others and played some football together and had a pretty good time of it...no attitudes...no trash talk...just fun times. Every interaction i've had with the Richlands fans, players, parents, or anyone from the school has been nothing but a class act. I say that with regards to recent players and coaching staff and interactions...earlier on in years past is a different story...but there is no need to bring that up because it's old news and a whole different group of people all together...but in the past 8 years or so it's been a lot of mutual respect and i remember a lot of the Grundy kids going to cheer richlands on in the playoffs after a hard loss to Va High a few years back...I'm sure Cola can verify that smile.gif

Anyway...you won't beat them trash talking on here...that's for sure. I see more people on here from Tazzy and Graham trash talking back and forth about what they are going to do to Richlands this year than i do people from Richlands saying anything negative.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So where are these phantom posts that only you can see? I haven't seen them, no one else has seem them. Saying Richlands will have a good team in 07' is not "talking absolute crap about every other team". 99.9 percent of the absolute crap I see on this board is coming from you

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So where are these phantom posts that only you can see? I haven't seen them, no one else has seem them. Saying Richlands will have a good team in 07' is not "talking absolute crap about every other team". 99.9 percent of the absolute crap I see on this board is coming from you

[/ QUOTE ]

being a richlands fan, you are obviously ignorant to the posts........

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u saying that u dont take up for tazewell??? u need to calm down bc the only games that are even competitive for tazewell is when they dont play richlands.... u know as well as i do buddy that there is no one that can keep up with Austin....tell me one guy in the district that can?????

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u saying that u dont take up for tazewell??? u need to calm down bc the only games that are even competitive for tazewell is when they dont play richlands.... u know as well as i do buddy that there is no one that can keep up with Austin....tell me one guy in the district that can?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Well piss on it then go on and give these boys the damn trophys all ready. They think there god year in and year out now piss on the season call it off and go on a give it to them.

Your anger and comments are disturbing. If you can’t handle the inciting posts rationally, then you should stay away from the boards. Also to T’ball28, your loyalty is admirable but some of your posts are embarrassing to players and fans of RHS. Please try to control yourself; humbling remarks would be much more appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]

Well piss on it then go on and give these boys the damn trophys all ready. They think there god year in and year out now piss on the season call it off and go on a give it to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least you are consistent 52........here's one of your posts during last season in response to one of mine

Bulldog52 responded:

[ QUOTE ]

HE's just saying ever one should hit there knees for the almighty BLUES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

--------------------

[ QUOTE ]

lol....the first RHS fan I've seen who doesnt get on here and act like a fool.....nice post my friend!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me where Parsons, BigD, or I have acted "like a fool" anywhere in this thread? I'm not sure what your idea of a fool is, because all I see from the three of us in this thread are explanations of rational thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

lol....the first RHS fan I've seen who doesnt get on here and act like a fool.....nice post my friend!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me where Parsons, BigD, or I have acted "like a fool" anywhere in this thread? I'm not sure what your idea of a fool is, because all I see from the three of us in this thread are explanations of rational thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you left the "ir" out in front of rational

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at least you are consistent 52........here's one of your posts during last season in response to one of mine

Bulldog52 responded:

[ QUOTE ]

HE's just saying ever one should hit there knees for the almighty BLUES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

--------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Consistently bad spelling and grammar, or train of thought?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you left the "ir" out in front of rational

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, in that case give me some examples of IRrational remarks that we have made? I would really like to see them.