question for richlands

zack

now that the blue tornadoes have won the divison 3 state championship, will they be disapointed if things dont go their way this year? remember they only won by one point last year! this is not an attempt to downplay what was accomplished last year but an understanding by a salem spartan fan of greatness. sometimes the ball bounces funny. salem could have won the championship again last year but they did not. no matter what the amherst tee shirts said it took a herculean effort and some luck for amherst to defeat salem last year.amherst had to fight from behind in last minute to defeat salem and still salem made a drive to almost pull the game out. what im trying to say is how proud i was of the 2006 salem team!what i have for richlands is respect because i understand the sacrifice hat is necessary to even be in a state championship!

[ QUOTE ]

Bandsucks is right all u talk about is salem........

You need to get over that Richlands beat Salem in 1992 and won the state title

and that we won it this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Well all you talk about it Richlands...Come on he is from Salem, of course he is going to talk about his team, give him a break. 1992 was 15 years ago...I dont think this is the time to be rubbing it into the other teams face.

And I wonder why Richlands fans get a bad rap on this board.

[ QUOTE ]

now that the blue tornadoes have won the divison 3 state championship, will they be disapointed if things dont go their way this year? remember they only won by one point last year! this is not an attempt to downplay what was accomplished last year but an understanding by a salem spartan fan of greatness. sometimes the ball bounces funny. salem could have won the championship again last year but they did not. no matter what the amherst tee shirts said it took a herculean effort and some luck for amherst to defeat salem last year.amherst had to fight from behind in last minute to defeat salem and still salem made a drive to almost pull the game out. what im trying to say is how proud i was of the 2006 salem team!what i have for richlands is respect because i understand the sacrifice hat is necessary to even be in a state championship!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think as long as they continue to work hard and play hard the community will be proud of them win or lose. The 2007 team has a lot of talent but the thing that concerns me is so many fans are talking about the Bluefield game (#7 on the schedule) and another state championship. I haven't heard mention of the Gate City game which is only 3 weeks away and a big traditional rivalry. The 2006 team was successful because they focused on one game at a time and treated every opponent like one that could beat them. The coaches do a great job of getting these kids focused but I fear fans on the Internet will inadvertently make that job harder by putting the cart before the horse.

As for the 1 point win over Rockbridge... They give you the same trophy if you win by one or one hundred.

PEOPLE PLEEZZZZ!!!!! Remind me, is this Not the SWVA football site? OKAY.....let's be proud of ALL that every team has accomplished in the past and, hopefully, in the future. I know we're not ALL going to get together, hold hands and sing cumbia but you ALL represent SWVA....be PROUD of everyone's SUCCESS.

I now live in a huge metro area and appreciate everyday I grew up in the SWVA area. Believe me when I say hardly ANY ONE has heard of the towns or our local high schools success.

I can honestly say (though I'm a Tornado alum) I am PROUD when I read about each SWestern VA teams success and follow via the internet hoping for a championship when the schools are in any playoffs.

Sure you're going to cheer for YOUR school and be proud but keep it in perspective in the grand scheme of things....build things up with support instead of tearing them down with useless words. Whether you realize it or not the world sees you as an area of people not teams of sports.

Now BE PROUD of your team but be even PROUDER of your area.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And all you talk about is richlands and so does every other richlands fan.... its your team just like salem is zacks team so he can talk about salem as much as he wants lol just like you guys talk about richlands as much as you want and just like i talk about carroll as much as i want...

im not going to get caught up in this crap because for one im a GRAHAM fan.but i do respect both schools.so to answer your question even though im not not a Richlands fan,but they are in the SWD and i have been in lynchburg behind them the past 2 decembers.yes it would be a big upset if they dont win because for the past 3 years thats all theyve done,anythying other than too repeat as state champs would be a letdown and austin fuller said that in the BDT interview.as far as that goes even though richlands lost most of their offensive firepower they will be strong on defense,and until their line gels together on offense that is they are still the state champs until they are dethroned.good luck and god bless to all area teams.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probly still has scars from the cleat marks of that game in 1992.....haha

Lets not forget that the Richlands win over Salem in the 1992 state championship was contested because of some illegal equipment bought by the great Dennis Vaught....class act coach!

[ QUOTE ]

Lets not forget that the Richlands win over Salem in the 1992 state championship was contested because of some illegal equipment bought by the great Dennis Vaught....class act coach!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the State Semis...Richlands squeezed Orange the next week with legal cleets...

The odds of going all the way to State three years in a row are way out there, but in this divison reachable with the right focus. One must remember the coaches of Richlands competition have been trying to figure out the offense for a couple of years, they should be coming to a place where they can make things closer. Better to over estimate than to under.

I agree with BIG D, the focus must change to one game at a time and that being the next one.

When I see the work ethic these guys have it makes me proud to be from Richlands because their winners no matter what.

Zack, you need to forget the Double A comparsion thing and think Divison 3 ---- Divison 4, although I think last years team could have gave your team more than they wanted.

[ QUOTE ]

One must remember the coaches of Richlands competition have been trying to figure out the offense for a couple of years, they should be coming to a place where they can make things closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling those coaches are going to be scratching their heads when Richlands takes the field against Gate City. This aint' gonna to be Justin McCracken's offense.

im not making a big deal about division 3 or 4 just over the past couple of years division 3 has not had the depth of teams that division 4 has had. im surprised by the attack on my post because i said nothing bad about richlands at all. in fact, i praised them. my intent was to focus on some richlands perception that they will no doubt be back there this year-lynchburg that is-and that may be the case, because i dont see the teams out there that could challenge them but 2 years ago there was more depth in division 3. i would similarly make the case that if richlands would have been in divison 3 in 2004 that they would have given gretna a great game with the possibility of beating them. every year is different. i remember that year because christiansburg and cave spring both gave gretna a game in the playoffs!

what i wa strying to say is that the ball bounces funny sometimes. salem completely dominated harrisonburgs defense in 2004 but only won by 2 points. so there, i am not saying anything bad about richlands, in fact hidden valley would have given rockbridge a game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

One must remember the coaches of Richlands competition have been trying to figure out the offense for a couple of years, they should be coming to a place where they can make things closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling those coaches are going to be scratching their heads when Richlands takes the field against Gate City. This aint' gonna to be Justin McCracken's offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was hoping Big D. They have the potential to really mess some mines up.