Graham vs. Beaver

grahamDB31

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminded me of the early part of the season last year when we had a lot of turnovers that cost us some games. Bottom line is that if we hold on to the ball, we will be just fine. Two more tough games coming up for us to settle in for the district play to begin.

one of Graham's td's came against our 2nd team... and we were conservative in the 2nd half. i wouldn't say Graham won the 2nd half. we still moved the ball just fine, and Graham did not.

[ QUOTE ]

one of Graham's td's came against our 2nd team... and we were conservative in the 2nd half. i wouldn't say Graham won the 2nd half. we still moved the ball just fine, and Graham did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's starters were in the game the whole time...no reserves were in the game when Graham scored the second TD...and I don't call throwing the ball with 2:30 left in the game, up by 2 TDs being "conservative"...

As poorly as Graham held onto the ball tonite, Bluefield was as poor at capitalizing on the turnovers, especially when we gave you the ball in such good field position. Not a knock, just a fact. There can come a time in the season when that can cost a team.

[ QUOTE ]

As poorly as Graham held onto the ball tonite, Bluefield was as poor at capitalizing on the turnovers, especially when we gave you the ball in such good field position. Not a knock, just a fact. There can come a time in the season when that can cost a team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed should have been much worse than 20-0 at the half...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's starters were in the game the whole time...no reserves were in the game when Graham scored the second TD...and I don't call throwing the ball with 2:30 left in the game, up by 2 TDs being "conservative"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there were two reserves in during that final drive. Levi Beckett and Turquan Casey played the entire series in the secondary during Graham's final TD drive. Casey at CB and Beckett at safety. Everyone else appeared to be the Bluefield starters, but again Beckett and Casey were in for Joyner and Ponder. It was a good learning experience for both kids though, which will only benefit Beaver down the road.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false there were 2nd teamers in

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there were two reserves in during that final drive. Levi Beckett and Turquan Casey played the entire series in the secondary during Graham's final TD drive. Casey at CB and Beckett at safety. Everyone else appeared to be the Bluefield starters, but again Beckett and Casey were in for Joyner and Ponder. It was a good learning experience for both kids though, which will only benefit Beaver down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]brooks was out the last TD drive by graham too, and he was a force, graham's slow overweight lineman had trouble blockin his speed all night..him and jake lilly played big on D

beaver won this game in the trenches on both sides of the ball. graham could not blitz consistently on defense, nor could they contain the nose guard and MLB. The 5'8" 160lb nose guard owned grahams center the entire game.

too many mistakes by the G-Men.and you cant afford to make mistakes against a speedy team like bluefield.jake lilly impressed me more than anyone last night,hes a good tough runner who doesnt give up and i admire that.if #11 Jon Brewster had his size i see him scoring a truck load of TDs.but Brewster and Tyler and Scott showed grit,determination and heart.if our line play gets better and better we will be fine with those kinda players and we are lucky to have people like these guys on our team.Marrs shows a lot of promise at QB for a Sophmore in a big game like that he was good.

For all the will cole haters out there, he may not have had a stellar night, but 11-20, 118yds, 1TD is pretty darn good. And he's building confidence. He's gonna be fine and get better and better. How much pressure was it to be playing qb for beaver after being qb for graham, and being crucified by the public on both sides. he's a good kid.

Cole made a couple of bad throws and missed open receivers, but he also made a couple of nice throws that should have been caught. Overall, I think he gave a solid performance and he looked very good on that 95-yard touchdown drive in the 4th quarter, which consisted mostly of passes. As you said, the kid will only get better as he gains more confidence and experience in the Beaver offense.

Graham is not far off from being a pretty good team. Something needs to be done to stiffen up the middle of O

line.

Give #32 Scott the ball more, he seemed to be the more determined runner.

Somebody PLEASE tell Berraras to take the gloves off so he can feel the ball {4 fumbles i believe].

Marrs at qb did a great job and is going to be special, great decisions at his young age.and if he can punt the ball like that as a soph. he'll really boom them as a senior .

Brewster really done a fantastic job- really carried the team last night.

Graham i believe will really make some noise, but they have 2 really tough teams the next 2 weeks-including Blacksburg which will make a run at the state title

[ QUOTE ]

For all the will cole haters out there, he may not have had a stellar night, but 11-20, 118yds, 1TD is pretty darn good. And he's building confidence. He's gonna be fine and get better and better. How much pressure was it to be playing qb for beaver after being qb for graham, and being crucified by the public on both sides. he's a good kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed he easily could've had 3TD passes. Ansel dropped the ball big time on that pass at the end of the 4th and then in the first half another player dropped it in the endzone. I think the pressure is off a little and he can really start to play to his potential.

[ QUOTE ]

For all the will cole haters out there, he may not have had a stellar night, but 11-20, 118yds, 1TD is pretty darn good. And he's building confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to Will, but I'd say about 7 or 8 of the 11 completions were screen passess..And he underthrew Ansel alot in the 1st quarter