Graham vs. Beaver

grahamDB31

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the events of yesterday The Game boils down to a single word, toughness. I'm talking about physical toughness as well as mental toughness. If Bluefield can match Graham's toughness they'll win. If they don't, they won't. It's going to be that simple in my opinion...

The key for Bluefield will be big plays with their more athletic team, while Graham will look to play ball control and wear Bluefield's defense down over the course of the game with their smash mouth style. If Graham can prevent Bluefield from having big plays for scores and have a longer time of posession, I feel they will win.

Either team can win, over the last 33 years or so that I have seen these two play, and I have not missed a single game in that time frame, I know one thing for sure, the best team does NOT always win between these two, there are a lot of emotions and nerves that come into play, when you are a high school kid playing in front of 10,000 to 12,000 people

As crazy as it sounds, Bluefield getting quick scores might not be a good thing come 4th quarter if Graham matches them...cuz that Beaver defense could spend the entire night on the field...Bluefield needs to sustain some drives. No matter what anyone says...even with two way players...its a lot more taxing on defense than offense...

Graham - 22 Bluefield - 21

But only if Graham punishes them physically every play. If Graham busts their tails with physical play every down they can win. If Graham gets shook by a few big plays they loose. Graham's seniors need to work hard to build confidence in the younger players around them, because Bluefield is sure going to try to shake them.

I honestly dont know about this game

I've always thought Bluefield would win in all of the past games that i've ever been to. But this one, gets me extremly nervous. Starting Cole this whole summer was the biggest Mistake ever. So if they do put back McClanahan at QB then the WR's will have to re-adjust to how he trhows the ball. Which is different there the location and spin and so forth that will cole throws...

I honestly dont know guys........I really dont.....

[ QUOTE ]

I honestly dont know about this game

I've always thought Bluefield would win in all of the past games that i've ever been to. But this one, gets me extremly nervous. Starting Cole this whole summer was the biggest Mistake ever. So if they do put back McClanahan at QB then the WR's will have to re-adjust to how he trhows the ball. Which is different there the location and spin and so forth that will cole throws...

I honestly dont know guys........I really dont.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% im thinking the g-men win big again this year thats my best guess well maybe at least 21-14 cause u gotta at least give bluefield two because of ponder so who knows

It's funny that everyone from Graham thinks that Graham is going to win and everyone from Bluefield thinks Bluefield is going to win. You can't base your decision on what you saw at a SCRIMMAGE. Coach Simon is not going to tip his hand. This is however a hard game to predict because as stated earlier the best team doesn't always win this one. But since everyone else from Bluefield picked Bluefield to win I might as well do the same. Beavers by 2 TD's.