Graham vs. Beaver

grahamDB31

no im not fighting over nothing cause its stupid.theres only one Graham - Beaver game THAT MEANS THE MOST TO ME and thats the first one.i dont care about the technicality part.i know what you guys are saying and your not getting what im saying.technically it wont be 3 in a row,but if Graham wins it will be 3 august games in a row.ok.so yall can keep up yalls end of the debate im done.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I'll say it again...Graham's winning streak vs. Bluefield is ONE...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you need to be politically correct here,BUT, the winning streak is years in a row, not games in a row. And for 96 years now we have not beat them for 3 years in a row. So if we win technically the Bluefield people will say it didn't happen, and the Graham people will. Isn't that what makes this rivalry is so great? We get one more thing to argue over. But who know what happens tomorrow night, Beaver may blow us off the field. But no matter, the days of Graham winning 2 games a decade vs Bluefield is long gone.

[ QUOTE ]

But no matter, the days of Graham winning 2 games a decade vs Bluefield is long gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say hello to 2 games a decade vs. Richlands.......:)

....couldn't resist.....

Lesson to be learned,.,.,.see how much playing each other twice in a season screwed things up. Now history, tradition, streaks, my cholesterol, etc., etc. and everything else is out of kilter.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

But no matter, the days of Graham winning 2 games a decade vs Bluefield is long gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely, Richlands has had a run of great athletes, and like Graham's run in the early part of this decade it will end and Richlands will come back to the pack. More likely it will be even, which is great also.....But hey, at least we can both look forward to beating on Tazewell for years to come.lol

....couldn't resist.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely, Richlands has had a run of great athletes, and like Graham's run in the early part of this decade it will end and Richlands will come back to the pack. More likely it will be even, which is great also.....But hey, at least we can both look forward to beating on Tazewell for years to come.lol

....couldn't resist.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right......It's gonna be a painful year down in T-town......and I do believe Richlands and Graham will both be good the next few years

The last time I checked nobody has claimed the trophy this year yet! Let the kids play!!Also, I hate to break it to Parsons, but Graham has a record of 22-13 against Richlands since 1973, so don’t get overconfident yet, the tide will shift back in Graham’s favor soon enough. You see, Richlands is just a flash in the pan, Graham is a TRADITION

[ QUOTE ]

well lets put it this way.... who will have the trophy 3 years in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go.Graham has had the trophy since 2005.my point exactly.so it looks like im not the only one who knows this.by the way anyone catch the 6 o'clock news report when the Graham principle was stating weve had it 2 years in a row?oh yeah and they said kickoff was 6:30pm that was a mistake its 7:30pm

Guest BEAVERTAIL

man you guys are dumb. you may have a trophy, but you have bypassed the fact that YOU STILL LOST TO BLUEFIELD in 2005. You dont even have a winning streak. It takes 2 baby. That trophy is the gayest thing ive ever seen anyways.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I hate to break it to Parsons, but Graham has a record of 22-13 against Richlands since 1973, so don’t get overconfident yet, the tide will shift back in Graham’s favor soon enough. You see, Richlands is just a flash in the pan, Graham is a TRADITION

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Jesus, you sound like a Bluefield fan talking about the Graham-Beaver series...LOL....

Flying in the game ball was awesome. Coolest thing ever. Ten thousand people gained alot of respect for those jumpers. To be as far off as they were, and land on the 50,,,that was incredible. But it was an omen for the G-Men. If you recall the jumper with the Graham flag stumbled when he landed and Graham lost.

As far as streaks and trophies. Just ask the players in tonights game which game mattered most. The answer should be the one before them tonight. If Graham lost tonight, they wouldn't feel any better knowing they had won two of the last four.

[ QUOTE ]

I hear that they don't have the fence up around the football field at Mitchell Stadium. Didn't have enough time to put it up. Hope there's not any trouble tonight.

Go G-Men!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't have time??? Yeh, right...the bad weather kept them from doing it...figures that the City would find some way to screw things up...

Yep....that's what I thought. I tried to get a glance up there and it looks as if they have the metal gates in the corners with yellow "caution" tape connecting them. Of course I don't know for sure until I actually get up there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I hate to break it to Parsons, but Graham has a record of 22-13 against Richlands since 1973, so don’t get overconfident yet, the tide will shift back in Graham’s favor soon enough. You see, Richlands is just a flash in the pan, Graham is a TRADITION

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Jesus, you sound like a Bluefield fan talking about the Graham-Beaver series...LOL....

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield fan nothin'......That sounds like a full blown Alabama fan!

[ QUOTE ]

The last time I checked nobody has claimed the trophy this year yet! Let the kids play!!Also, I hate to break it to Parsons, but Graham has a record of 22-13 against Richlands since 1973, so don’t get overconfident yet, the tide will shift back in Graham’s favor soon enough. You see, Richlands is just a flash in the pan, Graham is a TRADITION

[/ QUOTE ]

Since 1992 Graham has 9 wins and Richlands has 8 (the last 5 in a row).....I expect them to play 2 times this year and I expect Richlands to win them both........

[ QUOTE ]

who played against bluefield tonight?cause graham didnt even show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wasn't there, but it sounds like Bluefield just had too good of a first half (20-0). The second half was far more even, with Graham "winning" the second half 12-6. So...could it have been nerves? Good adjustments by Marrs at the half?