William Campbell @ Bluefield predictions

Sources

[ QUOTE ]

ii disagree.. I think they can leave points on the field and there d can still stop william campbell's o what scares me is the play of the center he is not tp quick to get his block.. pay attention to him.. and that miller kid I don't know why they praised him in the papper if he goes up against a decnet lineman they will dominate him he tries to come off the ball standing straight up.

[/ QUOTE ]

but Bluefield's D will not be able to contain the William Campbell offense as well as they did Graham and Pctn's due to them having more speed than those teams. Bluefield's offense has been inconsistent at times IMO. Bluefield will need every point they can get and must take advantage of opportunties given. Bluefield isn't good enough yet to leave points on the field against a good team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

well high school football is one of those sports that nothing ever happens the way you expect it to.teams sometime dont play to their potential.its kinda like going to work,some days you just cant wait to get there and then you say damn why didnt i call in.lol cause nothings going right.any team anywhere can have an off night.

[/ QUOTE ]thats funny..lol...but your are so right about it u never know

[ QUOTE ]

Graham and Princeton doesnt have anywhere near the speed of William Campbell and niether does Bluefield.WC has team speed at all positions,bluefield doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ] bluefield's slowest person on d might be Mike miller someone told me that a coach told them that everyone runes a 5.0 40ty and under with the exception of miller

[ QUOTE ]

just think sandman if your mighty g-men can go 3-7 and those games are district wins wow g-men back in the playoffs what a joke and talk about wva football

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham won't make the playoffs with three wins this year...no team in Region IV will make the playoffs with only three wins this year...things have changed, keep up....

[ QUOTE ]

just think sandman if your mighty g-men can go 3-7 and those games are district wins wow g-men back in the playoffs what a joke and talk about wva football

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is some sort of thinly veiled shot at Virginia's Regional playoff system, you are correct, it's terrible. That being said, it does not absolve the fact that AA football in West Virginia is hollow, really hollow.

Look at it from this point. If Ansel Ponder is probably the best player in your state at the AA level, your state dosn't have a real AA level.

William Campbell is having a "down" year this year. With that being said a down year for William Campbell is like a pretty good year for most teams considering their tradition. I wish i could see this game but i have to go to North Carolina to watch Gretna play a 4-AA "powerhouse" as they like to call themselves. This game will be close in my opinion, if WC had the same team from past years going to WV i would say WC by 28 but like i said, a down year in Campbell County. I'm still gonna go with the home team (since they are only 20 minutes from Gretna) and say WC wins by 14.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is some sort of thinly veiled shot at Virginia's Regional playoff system, you are correct, it's terrible. That being said, it does not absolve the fact that AA football in West Virginia is hollow, really hollow.

Look at it from this point. If Ansel Ponder is probably the best player in your state at the AA level, your state dosn't have a real AA level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only is the regional playoff system ridiculous, the whole idea of splitting each class (A,AA,AAA) in half is too. I live in Georgia, which has more teams, and a lot more big teams, and we seem to manage with five classifications...A,AA,AAA,AAAA,AAAAA. This Division 2, Division 3, whatever...that stuff is silly. Virginia doesn't need to have six state champions. Maybe 3 isn't enough, but 6 is too many. How about 4?

Oh, and by the way...why all the resentment of Bluefield? You sound extremely bitter about something.

[ QUOTE ]

he may not be the best player in aa in our state but he's twice the player of any of your g-men!

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's twice the player than any player on a team that may win as few as four games? Wow...talk about giving him a two thumbs up! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

i know Rocks, its funny at how the haters come out of the woodwork on another teams win, yet they dont have a fraction of the tradition or history..then again, i guess thats why they're haters! hate their luck! haha

BeaverHokie, do you have the winning lottery numbers this week, lol. You were right on man. Didn't get to go to the game, but must have been a great game. Wow, Bluefield-Richlands. This is going to be a great ballgame. Can't wait to see this one.

[ QUOTE ]

Tom,

but remember william cambell is nothing compared to the richlands team we will be playing in a few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, but what does this mean? I know you are being cynical, Im just wondering why you said anything about Richalnds since no one from Richlands was saying anything about this win or even Bluefield for that matter?

BigBlue, he was saying that in reference to a cpl of posters from richlands that repeatedly bash Blfd and anythign the Beavers do while often touting richlands as capable of beating teams at a college level..there has been soem heated exchanges in other posts and sites regarding the upcoming game between the Beavs and the tornado's. mostly good natured banter but a cpl r-lands posters take it way too far and get down right insulting

[ QUOTE ]

BigBlue, he was saying that in reference to a cpl of posters from richlands that repeatedly bash Blfd and anythign the Beavers do while often touting richlands as capable of beating teams at a college level..there has been soem heated exchanges in other posts and sites regarding the upcoming game between the Beavs and the tornado's. mostly good natured banter but a cpl r-lands posters take it way too far and get down right insulting

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to those threads? Because I have read just as many posts form Bluefield fans about how great they are...not complaing just stating the facts. It seems like most of the Richlands fans have been ran off of here from all the crap they get for mentioning their team. No one hardly mentions Richlands on here anymore, and when someone does it is usually from another team. And you all wonder why Richlands fans say some of the things they so, its because of comments like those. Not fussing at you guys, but you are only going to stir more stuff up by making comments like that. Not that I mind stirring stuff up, but I dont want to give you all anything else to complain about. Cant wait for the game! You going to be able to make it to Richlands for it Tom?

most of the talk is over on TSP b/c the r-lands poster was banned from here i beleive. and yeah im gonna make it in for the big game in your house, had that circled on the schedule since it was announced! just hope there is better and MORE seating for us this time that last few times id been there, lol

Oh, and everyoen expects trash talkin and my team is this great etc etc but you have one poster from r-lands that just goes way overboard and knows how to get under the skin. he makes even calm, cool, ME say things out of spite sometimes.hahaa but one can expect talk from both sides.