William Campbell @ Bluefield predictions

Sources

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

home field advantage-bluefield

scrimmage result-probably was overhyped where burton beat william campbell.scrimmages dont mean as much as people think sometimes.

travel advantage-close to a 3 and a half hour trip for campbell-naruna being about 25 miles south of lynchburg in southern campbell county.

if campbell has a quickness advantage probably will be more on the turf.

giles has had a lot of problems with campbell

this could be a great game-im going with bluefield in a close game.

Here's something for the cry-babies of the thread. Remember, if you can't beat'em it's because the officials/refs cheated you...

kleenex.gif

And it's pretty funny for a Shady fan to talk about refs when Shady has one of, if not the biggest, home-cooking fields in the entire state.

As for the game, Bluefield will have to play better than they did against Graham and Princeton. They cannot leave points on the field as they did in both of those games. William Campbell, IMO, will be the toughest game on Bluefield's schedule. It's going to be a real test for the Beavers. With the speed being equal on both sides the game will come down to the basics: line play, turnovers, and penalties.

[/quite] Don't worry if Campbell takes command of the game, the ref's won't let it get too out of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you freakin' kidding me? I haven't seen many games that the Beavers have had a fair game called. There is something about us that makes the refs hate us. I have never blamed a loss on the refs or anything but dammit if they havent made some terrible calls against us. Even at the Beaver-v-Graham game....our home game....there were some terrible calls. You can say that it was the refs first game and all that BS but then it happened the second week too. WTF? I know this is a football post, but the worst called game of any sport I have ever seen. The 2006 WV AA State Basketball Championship game. I have never seen a game that was decided that bad by the refs. 32 foul shots to 1. I don't know if it was something about the other team being completely white and the refs being the same or if they just didnt like us. I just know that nearly 60% of games I have went to...which is all in the last 4 years....have been called heavily in favor of the opposing team. I don't want to hear this crap about out "home-cooked" referees.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's pretty funny for a Shady fan to talk about refs when Shady has one of, if not the biggest, home-cooking fields in the entire state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Shady fans, he's right, they kept the James Monroe game alot closer than it otherwise could've been, got old in a hurry. I think if Shady didn't get a first down on a pass play it was automatic pass interference.

[ QUOTE ]

Great match-up. I see Campbell over Bluefield, 35-24.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take Bluefield by at least 2 td's.....in addition to not looking good against J.I.Burton, Campbell also tied J.J. Kelly in a scrimmage the same day.......while Kelly has one of their better teams this year, in year's past (even in a scrimmage), Kelly could not have competed with W.C......an exact quote from Virginipreps senior writer Marsel Mason regarding W.C's hopes for winning the Dogwood District, "William Campbell has been the district front runner for several seasons now but the tide is about to change. Youth and inexperience will be more than Coach Bill Bradley will be able to overcome."

Bluefield has pointed to the Richlands game all year. They will see a team in William Campbell that will probably give them all they can handle. It will give them a good gauge for Richlands. If both teams play to their potential Friday night, it should be an epic game. Looking forward to it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would agree after seeing a few games there...

[ QUOTE ]

an exact quote from Virginipreps senior writer Marsel Mason regarding W.C's hopes for winning the Dogwood District, "William Campbell has been the district front runner for several seasons now but the tide is about to change. Youth and inexperience will be more than Coach Bill Bradley will be able to overcome."

[/ QUOTE ]

But what you are missing with that quote is the fact that Gretna is also in William Campbell's district and they are LOADED...just ask Martinsville who was dismantled by the Hawks this past weekend 41-0...

[ QUOTE ]

[/quite] Don't worry if Campbell takes command of the game, the ref's won't let it get too out of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you freakin' kidding me? I haven't seen many games that the Beavers have had a fair game called. There is something about us that makes the refs hate us. I have never blamed a loss on the refs or anything but dammit if they havent made some terrible calls against us. Even at the Beaver-v-Graham game....our home game....there were some terrible calls. You can say that it was the refs first game and all that BS but then it happened the second week too. WTF? I know this is a football post, but the worst called game of any sport I have ever seen. The 2006 WV AA State Basketball Championship game. I have never seen a game that was decided that bad by the refs. 32 foul shots to 1. I don't know if it was something about the other team being completely white and the refs being the same or if they just didnt like us. I just know that nearly 60% of games I have went to...which is all in the last 4 years....have been called heavily in favor of the opposing team. I don't want to hear this crap about out "home-cooked" referees.

[/ QUOTE ] now im tellin tou here in the past couple years they cant even get decent refs @ home in my opinion the ones for the graham game this year r some of the best in years

bluefield will win even though this will be the BEST team they play this year.. NOT RICHLANDS.... If Bluefield played anywhere but richlands it would probably not be to bad for them but since they have to travel down there its gonna be a dog fight but Campbell will be the best team they match blu's speed very very well

[ QUOTE ]

William Campbell, IMO, will be the toughest game on Bluefield's schedule. It's going to be a real test for the Beavers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most revealing post from a "Believer" in many months on this board. It shows that, at least in their mind, that a single A team from Virginia will be tougher than anything they'll see in AA in West Virginia.

A capital moment, in my humble opinion, that the Beaver Backers realise that their prorgam are not Lombardi's Packers, and AA in Wild & Wonderful is a paper tiger. Some of us have known this for years.

ii disagree.. I think they can leave points on the field and there d can still stop william campbell's o what scares me is the play of the center he is not tp quick to get his block.. pay attention to him.. and that miller kid I don't know why they praised him in the papper if he goes up against a decnet lineman they will dominate him he tries to come off the ball standing straight up.

william campbell is a very very well coached team.they will be the toughest team Bluefields seen in a while.and im not sold on bluefield yet because they havent played any team with speed,but they will tommorow.giles has played W.C the past 2 years and we all know what the spartans have had the past 2 years.2005 state champs william campbell beat them 36-13 2006 state runner up campbell beat them 35-21. and giles didnt add campbell to their schedule this year.W C will beat bluefield soundly.but thats my opinion.will cole better have his nitro shoes on tommorow night.after looking at the william campbell football team im gonna say WC 41 BHS 7

41-7 buddy im sorry for something like that to happen brooks ponder and lilly and even patterson would all have to get hurt for the game for that to ever happen..if and i say if which is a very small if(trust me) William Campbell wins it will be by on touchdown no more

well high school football is one of those sports that nothing ever happens the way you expect it to.teams sometime dont play to their potential.its kinda like going to work,some days you just cant wait to get there and then you say damn why didnt i call in.lol cause nothings going right.any team anywhere can have an off night.