A win for Abingdon

mrb

horrible field conditions...i dont see how either team got anything going...congrats to both teams on a good game..gotta give Abingdon some respect for giving the Blues all they could handle for 3...but thats why you play 4...Richlands plays a lot of kids and wears teams down over time.

Abingdon did more than I thought they would though...so...hats off to them for a good game...but don't talk any trash, you guys were up by 12 and tried to run the score and not the clock and it cost you....just couldn't hang on...but you sure made a game of it.

Richlands was asleep for nearly three quarters tonight...they couldn't get the PATs to go in either (I first thought it was a mistake to not kick the FG when they were up 2-0, but on second thought...)...Richlands really needs a strong or "big" formation for the short yardage; 1st and Goal from the 2 and they line up in the Spread S-Gun, one bad snap later and its 2nd and Goal from the 8...

Abingdon played much better than I believe I have ever seen or heard from them. I thought it was funny, they could pass block very well, but couldn't run block AT ALL (I bet they ended up with -30 +/- rushing)...Richlands could run block pretty good, but let Abingdon behind them on pass plays all night.

Somebody said Abingdon tried to run up the score instead of run the clock, but its hard to run the clock and grind a team who gets a TFL on every running play you try.

Great game, however. One of the better ones I've seen in a while.

yeah and they ended up turning the ball over and had a few 3 & outs with passes stopping the clock...if i got up by 12 on Richlands in the 4th I think i'd try to roll the clock as much as possible...

you are right about the run game though for Abingdon...they could not get anything going on the ground...so I can understand why they would be throwing the ball...but I'd still keep the clock rolling as much as possible and play field position if possible in that situation...but, Abingdon was going to the knock out and it's hard to blame them for that.

your right, abingdon couldnt get the ball going on the ground. so it was hard for them to keep the clock going. all they could do was pass. but i believe that abingdon earned some respect. they came out and gave richlands all they had. im just starting to think richlands doesnt know how to lose. they were down to powell valley and found a comeback

[ QUOTE ]

your right, abingdon couldnt get the ball going on the ground. so it was hard for them to keep the clock going. all they could do was pass. but i believe that abingdon earned some respect. they came out and gave richlands all they had. im just starting to think richlands doesnt know how to lose. they were down to powell valley and found a comeback

[/ QUOTE ]

if they dont start playing from the kickoff and waiting til their down every game to have to dig down deep and get out of a whole,they could find theirselves too far in the whole to dig out of.if they want any chance of having their dreams come true again,they better light the fire.cause they still have a huge target on them.Abingdon played good,but im not sold on the falcons yet. til they win the swd district title,their never gonna get respect from the teams that have been in this district for years.maybe things are changing in abingdon,maybe they have a good coach who knows whats going on.only time will tell.

i'll give them the respect, they earned it for sure...they are a lot better than people were expecting...i think the Richlands radio guys said it best "this is not your grandmothers Abingdon Falcons"...they are pretty good and will be all that Graham, Grundy, and Tazewell can handle...should be some good football played in the swd the rest of the year.

[ QUOTE ]

i'll give them the respect, they earned it for sure...they are a lot better than people were expecting...i think the Richlands radio guys said it best "this is not your grandmothers Abingdon Falcons"...they are pretty good and will be all that Graham, Grundy, and Tazewell can handle...should be some good football played in the swd the rest of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. The Falcons are a handful!!!! Sure made it a nail-biting time for us Blues fans. Great game Abingdon. GO BLUES!!!!!

Dude, quit crying about "Not being treated equally" or whatever you were talking about

You richlands fans are just mad that nobody will bow down to your plan that Austin Fuller is the AllMighty and that nobody can disagree with you or there wrong

[ QUOTE ]

Dude, quit crying about "Not being treated equally" or whatever you were talking about

You richlands fans are just mad that nobody will bow down to your plan that Austin Fuller is the AllMighty and that nobody can disagree with you or there wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

You post more about Richlands and Austin Fuller than anyone.

[ QUOTE ]

austin fuller couldn't even catch tyler bailey on that 93 yard touchdown pass

[/ QUOTE ]

Austin was dead tired too. When you play someone the WHOLE game your arent gonna have enough wind to run like that. After that play he came to the sideline right in front of where i sit and puked for 2 straight minutes. He was just too tired. They simply over-played him.

Austin is the best player in the area. But thats not good if one player is making the difference in the game. He might have been tired but if he doesn't play you all lose. He has 6 of the last 7 touchdowns you all have scored. If he goes down with an injury. Richlands goes down.

[ QUOTE ]

Austin is the best player in the area. But thats not good if one player is making the difference in the game. He might have been tired but if he doesn't play you all lose. He has 6 of the last 7 touchdowns you all have scored. If he goes down with an injury. Richlands goes down.

[/ QUOTE ]

well...now you get in to a franchise player situation...which is a part of football...when you are lucky enough to get a kid like that, if you are a coach with half a brain you take advantage of it and design things around that player...nothing wrong with that.