Question for Richlands?

Pru

Ok I was just looking at the Richlands Schedule on the Home Page area and looked back to the 2002 season. Why was there a forfeit against Magna Vista? I was playing at graham at the time and I guess I really didn't care much about what other teams were doing. But I would think that would of been something that was really brought up a lot.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

just wondering but how did the game turn out? i mean who won? Was the player a factor?

I think Magna Vista won 49-0...don't know if the player had any impact on the game or not...that was also the same game where several Richlands players got caught with alcohol on the bus ride home, I think...someone from Richlands help me out with that...

[ QUOTE ]

just wondering but how did the game turn out? i mean who won? Was the player a factor?

[/ QUOTE ]

They (magna vista)absolutely beat the socks off of us. I don't think that one player really made a difference as good as their team was that night. It was the coldest ball game I've ever been to in my life.

I remember sitting at the top of the Grundy side and freezing so bad that my video camera was locking up...lol...then we went to Liberty Bedford the next week and it was just as bad if not worse...that was a very cold and brutal winter.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MV killed us. They went on to lose state semis to Salem, I believe. The ineligible player thing was brought up after they were out of the playoffs so nothing was really done (as in advancing Richlands instead of MV).

I remember in 1997, Tazewell beat Lebanon to end a 15-game losing streak and we had to forfeit that game for a player who was 3 days too old....haha

Needless to say, he was one of the best backs in the area at the time

[ QUOTE ]

I think Magna Vista won 49-0...don't know if the player had any impact on the game or not...that was also the same game where several Richlands players got caught with alcohol on the bus ride home, I think...someone from Richlands help me out with that...

[/ QUOTE ]

i played but dont remember too much......? lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i played but dont remember too much......? lol

[/ QUOTE ]was that after the bus ride? lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They (magna vista)absolutely beat the socks off of us. I don't think that one player really made a difference as good as their team was that night. It was the coldest ball game I've ever been to in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. That the game where me and my uncle(BigD) took hot chocolate and it literally froze. I was wearing 4 layers and still froze to death.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. That the game where me and my uncle(BigD) took hot chocolate and it literally froze. I was wearing 4 layers and still froze to death.

[/ QUOTE ]

was it at magna vista?? yea i had to go there my freshman year in the playoffs and just stand there on the sidelines the whole game i don't think i've ever been that cold in my life

[ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure MV lost to Liberty Bealton the next week. The player that was ineligible really played no factor in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

They lost to Heritage (Lynchburg) 30-27 the following week in the State Semis.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was it at magna vista?? yea i had to go there my freshman year in the playoffs and just stand there on the sidelines the whole game i don't think i've ever been that cold in my life

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Down in that stupid hole haha

I remember that game against Grundy in 2002. It did suck. Especially since I was a sophomore and didn't get to play so I had to stand on the sidelines freezing to death. Though I can't remember if it was that year or the year before when the Grundy player cheap shotted me. But I believe it was my freshmen year cause I think we were winning and that was when I got to play on the kick return and the guy from Grundy hit me from behind after the play was over and then kicked me in the back of the head as I was standing up. Needless to say it was in front of coach and he got a little mad at that player. lol Oh well. I'm thinking both the freshmen year and sophomore years in the playoffs were cold as heck.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MV killed us. They went on to lose state semis to Salem, I believe. The ineligible player thing was brought up after they were out of the playoffs so nothing was really done (as in advancing Richlands instead of MV).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was brought up BEFORE the loss in the semis, but the snow ccd. school that Friday (and maybe Thursday, too), so they couldn't check on it until the following Monday.