richlands loses!!!!!!!!

GHS61

Bogeavers, that was me at Pizza Hut and I did mean the Good luck for the rest of the season.

And I have to admit, I was unsure how close Richlands would stay to Bluefield tonight, but they played a great game and was the best game i had watched in a while

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Bogeavers, that was me at Pizza Hut and I did mean the Good luck for the rest of the season.

And I have to admit, I was unsure how close Richlands would stay to Bluefield tonight, but they played a great game and was the best game i had watched in a while

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should play every year with the host team fans set up a big tailgate party with the visting team!!

[ QUOTE ]

They didnt come close to getting back at Bluefield, if anything that game tonight the officials gave Bluefield more calls, Bluefield only had one penalty until 2 mins to go and that was for kicking the ball out of bounds. They lined up in the neutral zone the whole first half. Anyway I think Bluefield is a better team but it drives me nuts you all coming on here saying the officiating was bad and cheapening what those two teams did out there tonight. Kicker from Bluefield has nerves of steel great kick, #31 Bluefield and Matt Davis from Richlands both made nonfactors out of the two big play receivers just a great game all around. Some people decided before they left home that they were going to complain about the officials I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the thing tho:

the second touchdown rhs had wasn't in. both line judges held up the 3rd down sign, and it was the Back judge who made the call-they may have scored anyway, but not that time. there was a nasty pass interference on a ponder slant over the middle, and a worse late hit on will cole after ponder was knocked down..both weren't called. the ref's continually told RHS's line (all three numbers were in the 50's...im not giving specifics) that this was a football game, not wrestling because they slammed bowes all night, twisted legs, poked throats, etc...say it happens in all football games, but the refs warned them all night, yet never threw a flag. the RHS fumble on the 1 recovered by marcus patterson in the end zone was ruled on the 1, and that was an extremely bad call. holding by certain double digit recievers, near clips away from the play by unsuspecting beavers, all warner numerous times, never flagged.

but the call on RHS for pass interference that gave bluefield 1st and 10 on the 30ish yd line was by far the right call. #6 was all over wassum from behind in the end zone. on pattersons INT, they called tripping at the 15 yard line, when the blocker simply stepped in front of the defender who was 5 yards away at the time, and the defender RAN INTO the blocker FROM BEHIND...yet it's a penalty on bluefield. however, had that been a touchdown, richlands would have had 2 minutes to score and got for the conversion...so it's almost a good bad call.

officials might not have been in favor of either team, but many tornado calls went unflagged while the beaver's just couldn't catch a break...till right at the end when it counted.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

CHICKEN AND BEER OH YEA!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

chicken? nah. we have burgers and dogs, and the occassional deer. i think ill bring the deer out for next week. wanted to tailgate at richlands this week but didnt know where to...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks buddy. Sometimes we get caught up in trying to be mean to the other team and and their fans that we forget that these are a bunch of kids playing their hearts out on the field. You will have to pardon my aunt there, she was a little crazy. Thank you for the support and good luck to the Blue Tornado throughout this season and many more successful ones to come.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They didnt come close to getting back at Bluefield, if anything that game tonight the officials gave Bluefield more calls, Bluefield only had one penalty until 2 mins to go and that was for kicking the ball out of bounds. They lined up in the neutral zone the whole first half. Anyway I think Bluefield is a better team but it drives me nuts you all coming on here saying the officiating was bad and cheapening what those two teams did out there tonight. Kicker from Bluefield has nerves of steel great kick, #31 Bluefield and Matt Davis from Richlands both made nonfactors out of the two big play receivers just a great game all around. Some people decided before they left home that they were going to complain about the officials I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the thing tho:

the second touchdown rhs had wasn't in. both line judges held up the 3rd down sign, and it was the Back judge who made the call-they may have scored anyway, but not that time. there was a nasty pass interference on a ponder slant over the middle, and a worse late hit on will cole after ponder was knocked down..both weren't called. the ref's continually told RHS's line (all three numbers were in the 50's...im not giving specifics) that this was a football game, not wrestling because they slammed bowes all night, twisted legs, poked throats, etc...say it happens in all football games, but the refs warned them all night, yet never threw a flag. the RHS fumble on the 1 recovered by marcus patterson in the end zone was ruled on the 1, and that was an extremely bad call. holding by certain double digit recievers, near clips away from the play by unsuspecting beavers, all warner numerous times, never flagged.

but the call on RHS for pass interference that gave bluefield 1st and 10 on the 30ish yd line was by far the right call. #6 was all over wassum from behind in the end zone. on pattersons INT, they called tripping at the 15 yard line, when the blocker simply stepped in front of the defender who was 5 yards away at the time, and the defender RAN INTO the blocker FROM BEHIND...yet it's a penalty on bluefield. however, had that been a touchdown, richlands would have had 2 minutes to score and got for the conversion...so it's almost a good bad call.

officials might not have been in favor of either team, but many tornado calls went unflagged while the beaver's just couldn't catch a break...till right at the end when it counted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe all the crying...and over a VICTORY! You would think BHS had lost the game. OUCH, He twisted my leg...oooooie...he slammed me to the ground...that's not fair! Ref, he poked my throat. I'm gonna tell my mommy! Get a life, this is football, not syncronized swimming!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the thing tho:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe all the crying...and over a VICTORY! You would think BHS had lost the game. OUCH, He twisted my leg...oooooie...he slammed me to the ground...that's not fair! Ref, he poked my throat. I'm gonna tell my mommy! Get a life, this is football, not syncronized swimming!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how you got your butt kicked by synchronized swimmers!

I have a 10 min video of the game, including Richlands' first TD, the Bluefield TD reception, and the game winning FG among other footage. It's quite large (a few hundred MBs) but I'd love to load it up somewhere. Does anyone know a good hosting website that will give up to a gig in storage capacity?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

just watch the replay saturday morning

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was a replay. Would like to see it again. When and where?

[/ QUOTE ]i know some tv station shows a replay of every richlands game on saturday mornings

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

just watch the replay saturday morning

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there was a replay. Would like to see it again. When and where?

[/ QUOTE ]

WJDW tv 21 on Time Warner Channel 8 will play on Saturday mournings at 10:00 and Wednesday evenings at 5:30

that's a bunch of bull... I do believe that Richlands has a good team however those officials were horrible. There is no way that any sane person would allow kids to get away with some of that stuff. You really can't put the blame on the Richlands student athletes or coaches but I sure hope that they have enough integrity and pride to never hire that crew again...... God Bless The Bluefield Beavers and The Richlands Blue Tornado.

the officials were god awful for both teams, a 4th quarter drive was halted when a horible spot left richlands with 4th and a yard, had that been a 1st, the blues may have scored who knows, and the penalty on the Int was also bogus, at that point it would have been 18 or 19 to 13 with 2:30 left to play, pleny enough time to have a drive for richlands. Very good game Congrats to both teams

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the thing tho:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how you got your butt kicked by synchronized swimmers!

[/ QUOTE ] Wow...I guess you told me off! That was a genius comment...I'll bet you are a pillar in your community, and a giant intellect obviously!

Let me see if I can explain this to you in the simplest terms. I wasn't calling Bluefield Syncronized swimmers, I was stating the fact that football is not only a contact sport but a collision sport, and bad things can happen when two strong teams go after each other. Things like twisting legs, poking throats, punching, kicking...it happens in almost every game. So my point is, stop your crying about the "rough" play...it's freakin' football. Now do you understand? That's as simply as I know how to put it. If you can't understand that, then that's your problem!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well im glad you got to go off on me for a comment. pretty sure the guy you quoted before said that stuff happens in every game, but whatever... glad your the champ on talking crap on this message board...

[ QUOTE ]

well im glad you got to go off on me for a comment. pretty sure the guy you quoted before said that stuff happens in every game, but whatever... glad your the champ on talking crap on this message board...

[/ QUOTE ] I believe you're the one who attacked my post, not the other way around. I'm just defending what I said. Don't attack me if you can't take the criticism. I'm not trying to be the champ of talking crap, but I will defend myself if someone makes a statement like you did. Get over it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

yeah cause my statement degraded you in such a bad way... it wasnt even a serious comment, yet your acting like what i said was the end of the world for you...