richlands loses!!!!!!!!

GHS61

That's it! It isn't one good player & his stepfather. The whole game has to go in motion and I could call many #'s 3, 6,8, 12,11, 20, 29, 37,44,52, 54, 65, 71, 72, 80... if the coach continues to place the weight of the game on one shoulder... "he doesn't touch the ball enough", the games are going to be close!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

the officials were god awful for both teams, a 4th quarter drive was halted when a horible spot left richlands with 4th and a yard, had that been a 1st, the blues may have scored who knows, and the penalty on the Int was also bogus, at that point it would have been 18 or 19 to 13 with 2:30 left to play, pleny enough time to have a drive for richlands. Very good game Congrats to both teams

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Richlands got a good spot on that play, Fajardo was down a yard from the first down and the officials placed the ball about a foot away from the first down.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

IT WASN'T A RUN BY FAJARDO IT HAPPENED ON A PASS PLAY TO ADDISON NEAR THE BLUEFIELD SIDELINE

[/ QUOTE ]

that play was right in front of me, and i thought it was a good spot. The first step he took was kind of sideways to get himself turned around and in effect he stepped out of bounds... the ball was spotted correctly. he never really made any forward progress form where he caught it which was behind the sticks...

[ QUOTE ]

That's it! It isn't one good player & his stepfather. The whole game has to go in motion and I could call many #'s 3, 6,8, 12,11, 20, 29, 37,44,52, 54, 65, 71, 72, 80... if the coach continues to place the weight of the game on one shoulder... "he doesn't touch the ball enough", the games are going to be close!

[/ QUOTE ]

.......the coaches know it's not a "one man show"....but....if you do have a good player...you certainly do try to get him more involved w/his natural position. Your comment about step-father was TOTALLY out of line. On the field, Mance IS a coach first....obviously, a point you've missed. He will CONTINUE to be the coach after #1 has moved on to another level.

Honestly, If im a coach and I have a player with the talent of Fuller, Who already has "verbally committed" to VT. Then I would try to get him involved during every play. In my opinion, most of the time. I would probably would have him at QB. because he's fast and can scramble and he has an arm so he can put the ball on the money to the receivers. I didn't see many passes thrown his way during the game. I don't think i remember that many, but I could be mistaken. Bluefield only had him in single coverage most of the time and I would have taken advantage of that

I appologize and I didn't mean to take anything away from Fuller. He is a very good athlete and has proven so by committing to the next level of play. I think Coach Mance is a good coach, but it does seem that the other boys get lost in the mix sometimes. They need to work as a team... many in the community can feel the stress of the weight being placed on man's shoulder. It isn't fair to #1 either!

I would agree with some of that, but disagree with part of it also

One play comes to mind, It was bluefields first posession of the 3rd quarter and shaun brooks runs the ball up the middle 60 yards untouched for a touchdown. He dusted everybody Linebackers and Defensive backs. 1 player cannot make a play, you need the whole team to make plays. I dont think that you can just count on one person the entire game. But Fuller is good so im sure he doesnt mind carrying his team

I think what we are seeing is more about the development of Joel's reads and don't take me wrong he is getting very good. Sometimes I have to set and try to analyize, how does he compare to McCracken in his junior year. Something else which makes me scatch my head is McCracken height advanage probaly gave him a better field of vision. I'm sure they all feel more secure with throws to Austin and he is a playmaker and a tall target. When he does dial in on some of those other recievers and they make those catches it will create more oppurtunity for all of them.

In the Marion game I seen two passes if caught, would have went to the house, their trying their best, their not to far from being there.

[ QUOTE ]

IT WASN'T A RUN BY FAJARDO IT HAPPENED ON A PASS PLAY TO ADDISON NEAR THE BLUEFIELD SIDELINE

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, I remember that one now...the refs gave a good spot on that one right where he stepped out of bounds...

I agree, I know after two years with McCracken at QB it has to be an adjustment for the guys who played with him. Joel is really looking good and threw some great strikes friday night. I think the best and most deadly combination is Elswick, Fuller and Fajardo in the backfield.

Why do you say nerves of steel? It was only a 29 yarder or so. If he is the kicker on the team don't you think he is expected to make field goals. A kicker with nerves of steel is that Journell kicker from Giles who can kick the sh*t out it. Kicked a 54 yarder to send their game into OT with B'Burg.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you say nerves of steel? It was only a 29 yarder or so. If he is the kicker on the team don't you think he is expected to make field goals. A kicker with nerves of steel is that Journell kicker from Giles who can kick the sh*t out it. Kicked a 54 yarder to send their game into OT with B'Burg.

[/ QUOTE ]

in high school any kick to win the game is huge. Doesnt matter from what yardage.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in high school any kick to win the game is huge. Doesnt matter from what yardage.

[/ QUOTE ]

At any level a game-winning, tying, etc. kick is HUGE.

Some kids at that level act like spoiled brats when they lose. He was calm, cool, & collected, "yes sir", "no sir", "thank you sir." I was even in my Beaver hat. I am a huge VT fan so it will be great watching him at the next level.

[ QUOTE ]

Some kids at that level act like spoiled brats when they lose. He was calm, cool, & collected, "yes sir", "no sir", "thank you sir." I was even in my Beaver hat. I am a huge VT fan so it will be great watching him at the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a friend that went to the game and he said that there was one play where Ponder caught a pass and Fuller ran him out of bounds and they both was run into the fence,nothing dirty or with intent,just a play that happens with high school stadiums,anyway my friend said as soon as the play was whistled dead Fuller immediatly made sure that Ponder was ok and not hurt and they both patted each other on the helment.That shows a lot of class in my book.

I remember that play...they just went way out of bounds together. No fence or bench involved, but they did pat each other on the helmet in a show of sportsmanship.

I was glad I made the trip up for the game. It was a great high school football game.

Some of my thoughts on it since I didn't have a dog in that fight are:

Richlands needs to upgrade their facilities badly. The speakers were awful, and the 45 yard line right in front of me looked like a snake had lined it off. I was really expecting a better field and facility.

The Richlands football team was big and very athletic. Their defense was as quick as Blfd's offense except on a couple of plays.

Bluefield is a very well coached team and made some good adjustments to win the game. They don't seem to have much size on the lines, but they get done what needs to be got done.

BOTH teams have a ton of heart and showed a lot of class!

Oh...and all you locals should be very grateful to live in southwest VA, and southern WV because there isn't a more beautiful area in the country.

GO G-MEN!