Congradulations To Bluefield

Cola

I saw a great game with both teams wanting to win. the first half was almost penalty free with real good defenses stepping up, The second half became more intense and a few flags came out. No flags decided this game. I was a real good game and a real good team won. I feel both teams gave it all they had and both will go on to play more great games. Good luck the rest of your season.

Thank you rabidbeaver. We have been run down on here by other fans saying that we are inhospitable but in all honesty we just love our Blue Tornado Football Program. We get loud and have a good time and I am not aware of anything being said or done to opposing teams or fans. In the end we all just need to remember that these are just high school students and they need our encouragement and support. I for one am proud to be a member of the Blue Neck Nation.

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you rabidbeaver. We have been run down on here by other fans saying that we are inhospitable but in all honesty we just love our Blue Tornado Football Program. We get loud and have a good time and I am not aware of anything being said or done to opposing teams or fans. In the end we all just need to remember that these are just high school students and they need our encouragement and support. I for one am proud to be a member of the Blue Neck Nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work with several people from Richlands and when we talked about the game we could always discuss without trashing the other team,in fact, I was even invited to come and sit with one Richlands fan in reserved seating tonight but it is my birthday and the wife and kids wanted me to stay home and eat my "birthday" dinner,but I did listen to the game.I was on pins and needles the whole game.

Richlands has a great fan base for their program. They definitely deserve better facilities than what they have. I'm happy to see they'll be getting a new field house, scoreboard, and field next season. Personally, I think they deserve to have a field the caliber of what Princeton's is.

[ QUOTE ]

I am impressed how the Richlands crowd gets into the game!! You guys know how to do it, get LOUD when the other team has the ball, especially on 3rd down.

[/ QUOTE ]

We Try but have a little trouble getting the season ticket holders to get into it.

[ QUOTE ]

I am impressed how the Richlands crowd gets into the game!! You guys know how to do it, get LOUD when the other team has the ball, especially on 3rd down.

[/ QUOTE ] Honestly, that's something that has been lacking all season. The crowd really rose to the occasion tonight! Tonight was a BIG game because of the talent that the Beavers have on their team. I'll be honest, I was nervous about this one, and after hearing how fast Bluefield was I had my doubts that RHS could hang with the Beavers. I'm proud to know the players for RHS had no doubts about being competitive, and almost pulled out a victory. Congrats to a really good Beaver football team.

The game was what I, and the majority of Bluefield fans, thought it would be. A tight, hard-hitting, heart-stopping battle between to heavyweights. People can whine and cry about the officiating all they want, but I felt the officials did a fairly good job. There were a couple of questionable calls here and there, but the only one I felt was seriously blown was the "tripping penalty" on Patterson's INT return. In the end though Mr. Ice Water, Asher Sexton, nailed the game winner with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Congratulations to that young man, he'll never forget that kick.

Good luck to Richlands the rest of the way. I've never had anything against Richlands, but got pissed off at some of their fans the summer with the talk of how Bluefield didn't belong on the same field with them. Tonight proved that though and then some. The Richlands team was a classy bunch as I expected. The sportsmanship shown by both teams in such a intense game was exceptional; the fans from both could learn a little something from that. The Richlands program also deserves some better facilities, you guys need to work over some of the "rich folk" of the town to help upgrade the field there. FieldTurf is a definite need, I've never seen such a crown on a field as they was around the 35-yardline on the scoreboard end of the field. They need a sign that warns of a cliff (lol). Again though, good luck to Richlands for the remainder of the season. Safe travels to the team and their fans as the season winds down and the playoffs heat up.

Mance is an excellent coach.

I was unsure why he brought fuller in at QB in the second half for a couple series.

I guess it was for a change of pace. But from my obserrvation throughout the year, it is too obvious what RHS is going to do with Fuller in at QB. RHS is best suited with him at WR. IMO

[ QUOTE ]

Mance is an excellent coach.

I was unsure why he brought fuller in at QB in the second half for a couple series.

I guess it was for a change of pace. But from my obserrvation throughout the year, it is too obvious what RHS is going to do with Fuller in at QB. RHS is best suited with him at WR. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. The Richlands' offense was seriously out-of-sorts with Fuller at QB, especially when he was in the backfield without a back. From simply watching the scrimmage back in August I thought that #6 for Richlands could be the most dangerous kid on the field tonight for Richlands. He's quick, strong, and very shifty. In that spread offense with the threat of Fuller looming at receiver that kid should eat up yards each week. I don't know how many touches he gets on average, but I'd give him the ball no less than 15-20 times each game.

make no mistake, im happy, thrilled, elated, ecstatic with this win b/c of all the talk before and during the yr from SOME R-lands folks. I wasnt whining and crying about the officiating, i was repeating what i had heard from the broadcast booth and venting my frustrations if the description of the horribly called game was correct. My original post stated that no-one from R-lands could ever complain about the 02 game at Blfd ever again b/c the 'homecookin' was apparently returned against Blfd tonite! Ive seen some horrendously called games and i wouldnt at all be suprised if the descriptions of the officials tonite werent spot on but i wasnt there and the radio guys were goin off about the bad calls and no calls. The Beavers got their big win tonite and they deserved it, so no more b*tchin bout the 02 game b/c from what i heard, WE'RE EVEN! period!

[ QUOTE ]

make no mistake, im happy, thrilled, elated, ecstatic with this win b/c of all the talk before and during the yr from SOME R-lands folks. I wasnt whining and crying about the officiating, i was repeating what i had heard from the broadcast booth and venting my frustrations if the description of the horribly called game was correct. My original post stated that no-one from R-lands could ever complain about the 02 game at Blfd ever again b/c the 'homecookin' was apparently returned against Blfd tonite! Ive seen some horrendously called games and i wouldnt at all be suprised if the descriptions of the officials tonite werent spot on but i wasnt there and the radio guys were goin off about the bad calls and no calls. The Beavers got their big win tonite and they deserved it, so no more b*tchin bout the 02 game b/c from what i heard, WE'RE EVEN! period!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom, I'm making a comeback just for you old buddy! I don't know what the guys in the booth saw but for the most part I think the officials did a good job of staying out of the game... although they did miss the center double pumping on the snap before that last interence penalty. There were a few other questionable calls, and non calls that went both ways so I guess those evened out. As far as any sort of "homecooking"... that's impossible due to the fact that each crew is composed of officials from all over the region and none of them have ties to either school or town involved in the game.

Congratulations to Bluefield by the way. This was the most fun I've had at a game all year. I don't consider this a loss for Richlands at all as they played with an intensity we have seen all year and will hopefully keep it going the rest of the way. Goog luck to Bluefield! I hope you bring home #9!

Tom, I wasn't refering to you with that comment about the officiating. And another thing, I wouldn't put much stock in anything Bob Redd has to say on the air outside of what actually happened on the field. He's by no means the true professional that Persinger was at Bluefield, his comments sometimes are unwarranted and would be better left unsaid.

Agreed. I was at the game and had a buddy listening to the game on the radio. He kept texting me making comments about how horrible the officiating was. I told him I didn't know what game the Bluefield announcers were watching but the officiating wasn't nearly as bad as they were portraying over the air. As I said, I only saw two "bad" calls all night, for the most part, the officials let the players play.

Like I said G-Man, the radio crew was painting a different picture for those of us that couldn't be there. I was getting pissed off listening to it in the first couple of min. That is why i became Vince Lombardi screaming "What the hell is going on out there?!?!" :-)

Im glad some other listeners are posting here b/c the game i was listening too, you'd have thought the refs were hating all over the beavers, thats all i had to go by and the more i listened the more frustrated i became b/c of the broadcast crew! The next game i listen too ill take everything with a grain of salt and not get so hyped up by listenin to them. i promise everyone tho, had you heard their call of the game, you'd have been pissed too! lol

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I had a buddy listening to the game on the bluetornadofootball.com site, and i know he had bad time with that. He said it often sounded like Richlands had just won the superbowl, and that when jake lilly broke a bug run early in the game he was running "funny". I turned it on when i got in the car and it sounded like one of them had lost his voice. He could have been sick, but my guess is that he lost it from screaming all night...

We need to buy the radio station, clean house, and give Fred Persinger II a fat salary to lure him back to do Beaver games. Although, I have to believe he's next in line to take over as voice of Woodrow Wilson when Bill O'Brien calls it quits, which could be anywhere from a couple of years to 10+ years.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We Try but have a little trouble getting the season ticket holders to get into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"the tea and crumpet" crowd as they're affectionately known......

Congrats to the Beavers on a hard fought game and the win. Good luck the rest of the season Beavers.

On a side note.... the beavers I ran into last night and spoke a few words with didn't bite, snarl or spit at ya....truly southern genteel varmints...lol.