James Monroe at Bluefield

MavsRock

[ QUOTE ]

if i recall, in 1999 Bluefield was savaged by injuries on both sides of the ball ..that title game team was hardly the team they started with. And why is it we never hear anything from JM until this week?? They have a few decent posters that i like but for the majority, they are homers that come out from under their rock to howl about an undefeated JM team and after they get spanked, they go back into hybernation for another year! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are going into hibernation again tom, Monroe beat you last year...good to see you came back out...oh nice excuses for the 99 loss...its the refs fault, injuries, or scarlet fever whenever bluefield loses...someone please remember these three excuse for friday please...thank you..I am sure we all will hear one of them.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE:

We played the Defending champions from VA. Who do you play? Pike View

We played another VA champion 2 years ago I believe in William Campbell, who do you play? Narrows

------------------

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Richlands graduate about seventeen seniors last year? If so, you didn't play the defending champions from VA

How many players do you think is left on the WC team from two years ago?

Simon knows what he's doing. He likes to schedule them after they win the championship. That way he knows how and who they are going to lose.

This post is not to start another spat, but this is how it looks to me....

[ QUOTE ]

I witnessed Monroe smack a top 10 team in Scott. They had a much better back than Brooks. He made Brooks look slow. He was a much harder runner too. JMHS will show Booo field what they are made of. It's always a good game and this will be no different but the plow boys D is much better than BHS' Offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, the Jordan Roberts kid from Scott that Bluefield ate up last year in Charleston. Roberts had how many yards and touchdowns against James Monroe a few weeks ago? He didn't do squat against a 2006 Bluefield defense that pales in comparsion to the '07 defense. He was consistently ran down in the backfield by Bluefield's defensive linemen. Scott was also a better team in '06 than they are this year and came into the Bluefield game undefeated, rated #1 and left with their tails firmly between their legs. But, if you believe James Monroe is quicker based on the Scott game then so be it. I hope you'll be in attendance on Friday night...

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

We played another VA champion 2 years ago I believe in William Campbell, who do you play? Narrows

------------------

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Richlands graduate about seventeen seniors last year? If so, you didn't play the defending champions from VA

Simon knows what he's doing. He likes to schedule them after they win the championship. That way he knows how and who they are going to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Willie, you've said some dumb things over the years but this has to rank up there all-time. I'll no longer address questions of schedule of strength from the fans of programs with the likes of Pikeview on their schedule. Thank you, that is all.

the dummy hanging across the goalpost after the game last year is on of the most disrespectful things you could do! so lay off of bluefield and the person or persons who did it (adults mind you) were real scum bags

QUOTE:

------------------

----------------------------------

Willie, you've said some dumb things over the years but this has to rank up there all-time. I'll no longer address questions of schedule of strength from the fans of programs with the likes of Pikeview on their schedule. Thank you, that is all.

----------------------

I guess I was right....

[ QUOTE ]

If I recall didn't Bluefield used to play Pikeview too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been about 10 years since PikeView was on Bluefield's schedule and the only reason they were on the schedule was because the Mercer Co. BOE "mandated" that they play...after the beatings (both on and off the field), the BOE allowed Bluefield to purge them from their schedule...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

the dummy hanging across the goalpost after the game last year is on of the most disrespectful things you could do! so lay off of bluefield and the person or persons who did it (adults mind you) were real scum bags

[/ QUOTE ]

not only did they hang that from the goalposts, they let students beat the crap out of it during the schoolweek, then out it on the field goal post...

Nothing wrong with defending your team...........but get over yourself. Bluefield is a good team and so is Monroe. The only problem is the arrogance of some BHS fans or has beens. I'm sure the boys from the "boondocks" won't be quick to get on any bus. They wouldn't back down from "mighty" bluefield. Monroe was supposed to be rebuilding......ouch! Pretty darn good rebuilding year. Watch out beavers................here comes the John Deer!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Im not following

What happened BeaverTail?

[/ QUOTE ]

last year at the james monroe game @ JM they hung a black dummy from the goalpost. The week before the game they had it in the cafeteria and let students beat the crap out of it. Then the dummy bacame so mangled that they took it outside and hung it on the goalposts.

i know this for a fact cause i have several friends for JM and they told me the whole story.

[ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with defending your team...........but get over yourself. Bluefield is a good team and so is Monroe. The only problem is the arrogance of some BHS fans or has beens. I'm sure the boys from the "boondocks" won't be quick to get on any bus. They wouldn't back down from "mighty" bluefield. Monroe was supposed to be rebuilding......ouch! Pretty darn good rebuilding year. Watch out beavers................here comes the John Deer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rebuilding....it seems that some people called the 2004 Bluefield team a rebuilding team. Um...lets see...10-0 regular and 4-0 in the playoffs (yea we actually go to Wheeling). I don't want to talk about rebuilding. That is a lame excuse. Not as bad as saying crap about the refs, but it is bad. James Monroe has a good ball team. Bluefield has a good ball team. Bluefield will be at home, a place they almost always win and these boys will be fired up. I do know that if we stop JM's run, we will beat them easily. I think we have the atheletes on defense to contain their "weird" offense. Bluefield should be able to win this game...not easily, but they are a better team in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Im not following

[/ QUOTE ]

last year at the james monroe game @ JM they hung a black dummy from the goalpost. The week before the game they had it in the cafeteria and let students beat the crap out of it. Then the dummy bacame so mangled that they took it outside and hung it on the goalposts.

i know this for a fact cause i have several friends for JM and they told me the whole story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. You just said things about the story, either on purpose or by mistake, that couldn't be more far from the truth.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Thats trashy and pathetic.... For both the students and staff at JMHS

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention im sure we will be seeing shirts like "anal pounder" and "dont drop the soap" aimed towards Ponder and Brooks. They wore those to the sectional game last year.

im goona steal a line from "CashDavis" here when i say "think classy and you will be classy". Unfortunately it seems that SOME people from james monroe just arent...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Im not following

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. You just said things about the story, either on purpose or by mistake, that couldn't be more far from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well it seems you know a lot about the country life and country boys considering it's John DEERE...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... Funny how this is the first I've heard of it, and a year later right before the big game no less, that's interesting. Just promise me that that you all won't have fans hanging themselves from the goalposts when you lose to James Monroe, especially in game 2 wink.gif

Also for the guy with the John Deere comment, that's pretty cool, actually tempts me to unload a tractor in Bluefield and drive it right to Mitchell Stadium with a big plow on the back, that would be pretty fitting.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... Funny how this is the first I've heard of it, and a year later right before the big game no less, that's interesting. Just promise me that that you all won't have fans hanging themselves from the goalposts when you lose to James Monroe, especially in game 2 wink.gif

Also for the guy with the John Deere comment, that's pretty cool, actually tempts me to unload a tractor in Bluefield and drive it right to Mitchell Stadium with a big plow on the back, that would be pretty fitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know this for a fact now cause my roommate played football for JM and told me the whole story. I never saw the dummy, but i know for a fact it was there... and i was wrong about one thing, they beat the dummy up after the beat the beavers, not before.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know this for a fact now cause my roommate played football for JM and told me the whole story. I never saw the dummy, but i know for a fact it was there... and i was wrong about one thing, they beat the dummy up after the beat the beavers, not before.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other thing you were wrong about is that it was NOT black. It was made out of a stuffed white pillowcase. I know that for certain because I did see it as I was leaving the game and that's when I learned of it's existence and the story behind it. And it wasn't made specifically for or because of the Bluefield game. That doll had been around for several weeks/games prior. This was briefly discussed last year on this board. I just don't want to see the story turn into something it wasn't. I'm tired of the bickering and the bashing and the disrespect.