BC @ VT

Ryan4VT

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and how many TDs did tech put up before he got hurt? only one. twice they were stopped in the red zone with Tyrod in the game. I have said it before, tech is stagnant in the red zone with tyrod.

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't Taylor's fault...that's STINESPRING'S fault...he gets in the red zone and goes brain dead with the play calling...

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can blame everyone on the team for how bad things are but youre right, Stinespring is the one that calls the shots. Everyone fails to realize that TT is a true freshman who is trying to establish his game in college football. Not everyone can come out and be the best there is. Michael Vick was one of the few QBs that could do that. VT hasnt lost very many games on Thursday night so look for them to beat BC. It may not be a blow out victory but a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

VT 24

BC 21

[ QUOTE ]

People can blame everyone on the team for how bad things are but youre right, Stinespring is the one that calls the shots. Everyone fails to realize that TT is a true freshman who is trying to establish his game in college football. Not everyone can come out and be the best there is. Michael Vick was one of the few QBs that could do that. VT hasnt lost very many games on Thursday night so look for them to beat BC. It may not be a blow out victory but a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

VT 24

BC 21

[/ QUOTE ]

Tech is 13-2 on Thursday night games. With the only 2 losses coming to BC.

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pretty interesting stuff. Of the AFLAC trivia question variety. I'll be checking to see if ESPN brings that up Thursday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't stop talking about it. And I bet you $5 they mention Michael Vick, Marcus Vick, and April 16th...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pretty interesting stuff. Of the AFLAC trivia question variety. I'll be checking to see if ESPN brings that up Thursday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't stop talking about it. And I bet you $5 they mention Michael Vick, Marcus Vick, and April 16th...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what announcers do when they don't do proper homework before the games. They beat angle after angle into the ground, and then someone gives a slanted take on the angle just to get the common fan into it.

They did zero homework before the Virginia-Maryland game, and it showed. They called our quarterback "Jamal" and "Jamele", when his name's "Jameel". Not once did they get that right. They said Mikell Simpson was a "redshirt freshman", "junior", "redshirt junior", and "senior" at various points of the game. He is, of course, a "redshirt sophomore". Not only that, they had conviction that he played "tight end". Of course, he's the "running back" (though they did mention that a few times, obviously contradicting themselves). I could go on.

Here's to hoping that the announcers give halfway decent gameplay analysis Thursday night. Given ESPN's history, it's doubtful.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I cant wait! Ive got front row tickets. No doubt it will be the loudest game ive ever been to and ive been to VT many a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully i will too

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say you would. Or at least I hope so. lol

On 10/22/2007, while making an appearance on the Mike Tirico Show on ESPN Radio, Boston College head coach Jeff Jagodzinski remarked that "The fans will not be a factor" in reference to the Virginia Tech Hokie fans filling Lane Stadium when Virginia Tech takes on BC this Thursday. Jagodzinski added "We just came from Notre Dame, the crowd will not effect us." Oh really Jeff? You think South Bend is close to the level of hell you are about to walk into in Blacksburg...

Virginia Tech fans... this is a Call to Arms... you have been challenged by an arrogant and naive foe. It's time to step up and show this bean town bum what Lane Stadium is all about. Miami '03, remember that, Maryland '04, Clemson '06? Those nights should pale in comparison to what we will bring come Thursday night. We aren't afraid of Boston College, but they sure as hell should be afraid of Lane Stadium.

*Thanks to Pepsi Guy at TSL (TechSideLine.com)*

Calling a Fans Only Meeting

It's time my fellow Hokie brethren that we have a fans only meeting. Close the door behind you because this is about us. It's not about the coaches. It's not about the players. And it's not about Boston College. It's about us. It's time for us to step up. Let's be honest, we each have been to other home games this season or at the very least saw them on television and we have not been brining our "A" game. It's time, for the first time this season, we bring back the old school Virginia Tech atmosphere. It's time we stop reading all the hype about our atmosphere and show the world yet again what we the fans are all about. It's time we earn back our title of toughest place to play. It's time to forget about the shortcomings we have with our team. It's time to forget our criticisms and leave those behind. It's time we put the fanatic back into being a Virginia Tech fan. It's time we each put on our lucky shirt, socks, underwear, or whatever and get ready to be loud, very loud. It's time for us as fans to have an effect again.

We ask a lot of our players and coaches. In fact a ton. We ask them to give up their physical health each and every week and on each and every play. It's about time we step up as fans. It's about time we do our part and show our team we have their back and it starts with the Walk. It's about time we do as much as we ask from our players. It's time to put up and not shut up. It's time to make Lane intimidating again. It's about time we continue to yell, scream, shout, holler, stomp, and shake our noise makers even when we think we can do no more. It's time to forget about waiting in line for turkey legs and slushi's in the first and second quarters. It's time to forget about the ATM during the game. It's time to forget about starting the wave. It's time to put down the cell phones. It's time to get loud and stay that way. It's time for each of us to take responsibility for our section and strongly encourage others to do their part. It's time to warmly welcome those Boston College fans that show up before the game and it's time to make them stare at each other with that "Oh crap!" look when we start bouncing to Metallica. It's time for each of us to take a vow of silence if necessary to have our vocal chords ready for Thursday night. It's time to get serious. It's time to get ready for big boy college football now. It's time we do our part as Virginia Tech fans.

It's time we yell for each and every defensive and Eagle kicking situation. It's time to stop doing the two-handed punt block signal unless you are also yelling at the top of your lungs. It's time we bring back the fear of Lane Stadium into the hearts of the BC punters and kickers. It's time we rattle senior punter Johnny Ayers and make him feel like a freshman again. It's time we end the fairy tale for Eagle's place kicker Steve Aponavicius. It's time we make Eagle offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, who had a problem with noise in the Notre Dame game, answer when asked by a reporter after the game if he knows what a Hokie is, "I'm not sure, but they're louder than hell." It's time we take responsibility as fans to make noise and keep making noise until the final whistle has blown. And, if you don't want to yell and scream and do your part, it's time to give your tickets to someone who will.

It's time to make Matt Ryan look at BC coach Jeff Jagodzinski before the game and say, "Coach, coach, this ain't the kind of place that we want to go to play football," as we bounce to "Enter Sandman" bringing the electricity in the stadium to a frenzy rattling the very souls of the Eagle players. It's time we arrive at the stadium early and leave late. It's time each of us do whatever it takes to get ready for a big time football game whatever that may be. It's time we stay as loud in the first quarter as we do in the fourth. It's time, when Boston College needs four yards for a crucial first down late in the game, we some how reach deep down and find our collective strength with our voices roaring even louder. It's time we cause the offensive lineman to jump offside. It's time we make BC waste timeout after timeout. It's time we render the Eagles offensive audible system useless preventing tailback Andre Callender from knowing what play Matt Ryan is trying to switch to. It's time we have Coach Jagodzinski throwing down his headset in disgust like many coaches before him because he has no answer for our noise. It's time we bring the magic back. It's time we once again transform Lane Stadium into the Terror Dome.

[ QUOTE ]

On 10/22/2007, while making an appearance on the Mike Tirico Show on ESPN Radio, Boston College head coach Jeff Jagodzinski remarked that "The fans will not be a factor" in reference to the Virginia Tech Hokie fans filling Lane Stadium when Virginia Tech takes on BC this Thursday. Jagodzinski added "We just came from Notre Dame, the crowd will not effect us." Oh really Jeff? You think South Bend is close to the level of hell you are about to walk into in Blacksburg...

Virginia Tech fans... this is a Call to Arms... you have been challenged by an arrogant and naive foe. It's time to step up and show this bean town bum what Lane Stadium is all about. Miami '03, remember that, Maryland '04, Clemson '06? Those nights should pale in comparison to what we will bring come Thursday night. We aren't afraid of Boston College, but they sure as hell should be afraid of Lane Stadium.

*Thanks to Pepsi Guy at TSL (TechSideLine.com)*

Calling a Fans Only Meeting

It's time my fellow Hokie brethren that we have a fans only meeting. Close the door behind you because this is about us. It's not about the coaches. It's not about the players. And it's not about Boston College. It's about us. It's time for us to step up. Let's be honest, we each have been to other home games this season or at the very least saw them on television and we have not been brining our "A" game. It's time, for the first time this season, we bring back the old school Virginia Tech atmosphere. It's time we stop reading all the hype about our atmosphere and show the world yet again what we the fans are all about. It's time we earn back our title of toughest place to play. It's time to forget about the shortcomings we have with our team. It's time to forget our criticisms and leave those behind. It's time we put the fanatic back into being a Virginia Tech fan. It's time we each put on our lucky shirt, socks, underwear, or whatever and get ready to be loud, very loud. It's time for us as fans to have an effect again.

We ask a lot of our players and coaches. In fact a ton. We ask them to give up their physical health each and every week and on each and every play. It's about time we step up as fans. It's about time we do our part and show our team we have their back and it starts with the Walk. It's about time we do as much as we ask from our players. It's time to put up and not shut up. It's time to make Lane intimidating again. It's about time we continue to yell, scream, shout, holler, stomp, and shake our noise makers even when we think we can do no more. It's time to forget about waiting in line for turkey legs and slushi's in the first and second quarters. It's time to forget about the ATM during the game. It's time to forget about starting the wave. It's time to put down the cell phones. It's time to get loud and stay that way. It's time for each of us to take responsibility for our section and strongly encourage others to do their part. It's time to warmly welcome those Boston College fans that show up before the game and it's time to make them stare at each other with that "Oh crap!" look when we start bouncing to Metallica. It's time for each of us to take a vow of silence if necessary to have our vocal chords ready for Thursday night. It's time to get serious. It's time to get ready for big boy college football now. It's time we do our part as Virginia Tech fans.

It's time we yell for each and every defensive and Eagle kicking situation. It's time to stop doing the two-handed punt block signal unless you are also yelling at the top of your lungs. It's time we bring back the fear of Lane Stadium into the hearts of the BC punters and kickers. It's time we rattle senior punter Johnny Ayers and make him feel like a freshman again. It's time we end the fairy tale for Eagle's place kicker Steve Aponavicius. It's time we make Eagle offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, who had a problem with noise in the Notre Dame game, answer when asked by a reporter after the game if he knows what a Hokie is, "I'm not sure, but they're louder than hell." It's time we take responsibility as fans to make noise and keep making noise until the final whistle has blown. And, if you don't want to yell and scream and do your part, it's time to give your tickets to someone who will.

It's time to make Matt Ryan look at BC coach Jeff Jagodzinski before the game and say, "Coach, coach, this ain't the kind of place that we want to go to play football," as we bounce to "Enter Sandman" bringing the electricity in the stadium to a frenzy rattling the very souls of the Eagle players. It's time we arrive at the stadium early and leave late. It's time each of us do whatever it takes to get ready for a big time football game whatever that may be. It's time we stay as loud in the first quarter as we do in the fourth. It's time, when Boston College needs four yards for a crucial first down late in the game, we some how reach deep down and find our collective strength with our voices roaring even louder. It's time we cause the offensive lineman to jump offside. It's time we make BC waste timeout after timeout. It's time we render the Eagles offensive audible system useless preventing tailback Andre Callender from knowing what play Matt Ryan is trying to switch to. It's time we have Coach Jagodzinski throwing down his headset in disgust like many coaches before him because he has no answer for our noise. It's time we bring the magic back. It's time we once again transform Lane Stadium into the Terror Dome.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fellow that wrote that deserves a "fan of the year" party, or something to that effect. It's seldom you see something with that kind of fire and passion. Heck, I can't stand Virginia Tech and that gets me fired up. That's what it truly means to be a fan, right there.

One point I would like to mention, though, is how much the environment will get to Boston College. Incredibly enough, they played on Thursday night in Blacksburg on October 27th, 2005. Boston College lost 30-10. This year, Boston College plays on Thursday night again. Any redshirt sophomores, juniors, or seniors on the team at that time remember that atmosphere, and realize what it takes to prepare for it. To be exact, there are 18 juniors and 24 seniors on that team. The big three on offense: Matt Ryan, Andre Callender, and Kevin Challenger, are all seniors. They remember what happened to them last time. They also know that they are much improved from the 2005 squad, and that Virginia Tech has a few more question marks than in 2005. Likewise, in order to prepare for Lane Stadium tomorrow night, in most likelihood, Boston College has pumped noise into an indoor practice facility in tandem with practice on silent counts.

Jeff Jagodzinski's hardly naive; he's coached in collegiate and professional ranks for 22 years. If nothing else, he truly knows what a big-time atmosphere is like, having served at LSU in 1987-1988. Not only that, in a game against Auburn in the late 1980s (the exact date escapes me), the stadium grew so raucous that the tremors were measured on seismographs. He knows exactly what he's walking into, and so do the players. It's not a foreign experience...

I do have a hard time saying he's naive as well. But we'll see.

Anyway, IT'S GAME DAY BABY!! YEAAAA!!! It's a rain drenched thursday, and it doesn't look like it's going to hold up anytime soon. That doesn't fare well for our passing game, and establishing our run is going to be difficult. The good thing about rain though is that they have to play in it too. Only about 10 hours before Lane Stadium is in a frenzy.

Im so pumped. This will easily be the best seats i will have ever been in. And boy am i ready to finish losing what little voice i have left over from the Bluefield game. LETS GO!!! HOKIES!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Jeff Jagodzinski's hardly naive; he's coached in collegiate and professional ranks for 22 years. If nothing else, he truly knows what a big-time atmosphere is like, having served at LSU in 1987-1988. Not only that, in a game against Auburn in the late 1980s (the exact date escapes me), the stadium grew so raucous that the tremors were measured on seismographs. He knows exactly what he's walking into, and so do the players. It's not a foreign experience...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong!!! He's never been to Lane Stadium at night, especially a Thursday night and the BC players have never come into Lane Stadium on Thursday night as the #2 team in the country.

In the past, it was hard to "get up" for Boston College, except when our perfect season was on the line (anyone remember that, it rained like hell until late in the 4th quarter, sun started shining through the clouds and made one beautiful sunset on a perfect season).

The current BC players have never experienced a "frenzied"

Lane Stadium...I REALLY think they are all going to be in for a shock...

BC-VT99.jpg

sorry - but tyrod would have not fared much better against LSU - because when you have the worst o line against the best d line....it doesn't matter, especially with the worst OC in the history of coaching. i do agree though - tyrod definitely gives them a better chance to not get sacked. but IF the o line gives time, glennon is a more accurate passer

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong!!! He's never been to Lane Stadium at night, especially a Thursday night and the BC players have never come into Lane Stadium on Thursday night as the #2 team in the country.

In the past, it was hard to "get up" for Boston College, except when our perfect season was on the line (anyone remember that, it rained like hell until late in the 4th quarter, sun started shining through the clouds and made one beautiful sunset on a perfect season).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, it is you who are wrong here. Read the section of mine you quoted. I never said that Jagodzinski had been to Virginia Tech for a Thursday night game. I said he had been in atmospheres similar to, or perhaps, surpassing that. As the offensive line coach at LSU during the 1987 and 1988 seasons, he's accustomed to raucous stadium environments. That Auburn game I mentioned is a great example: perhaps the loudest any stadium has ever been. Half the players on the team, however, have been to Blacksburg on a Thursday night: October 27th, 2005. In fact, Virginia Tech had a perfect season on the line then, too (8-0). One would believe that the environment would have been just as raucous and energetic as it will be tonight (or perhaps moreso then, with the perfect record on the line). Thus, it's not a foreign experience to the players, nor is the environment totally new for Jagodzinski, who's seen similar environments at LSU, and felt pressure like this during his time with Green Bay. Sheesh, jumped the gun a little quickly, you did.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, it is you who are wrong here. Read the section of mine you quoted. I never said that Jagodzinski had been to Virginia Tech for a Thursday night game. I said he had been in atmospheres similar to, or perhaps, surpassing that. As the offensive line coach at LSU during the 1987 and 1988 seasons, he's accustomed to raucous stadium environments. That Auburn game I mentioned is a great example: perhaps the loudest any stadium has ever been. Half the players on the team, however, have been to Blacksburg on a Thursday night: October 27th, 2005. In fact, Virginia Tech had a perfect season on the line then, too (8-0). One would believe that the environment would have been just as raucous and energetic as it will be tonight (or perhaps moreso then, with the perfect record on the line). Thus, it's not a foreign experience to the players, nor is the environment totally new for Jagodzinski, who's seen similar environments at LSU, and felt pressure like this during his time with Green Bay. Sheesh, jumped the gun a little quickly, you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't jump the gun. I can promise you, the way he has been shooting his mouth off about the atmosphere at VT, he has NEVER been to Lane Stadium, or any other stadium, the way its going to be tonight. JW won't even be able to save his ass tonight...

[ QUOTE ]

BC 42

VT 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of a stretch. The rain/wind will prevent the score from getting that lop-sided. That goes without mentioning the skill level of both teams being quite similar.

But there is definitely a buzz on campus right now. Focusing on that school thing isn't the easiest to do right now. Everyone seems to be talking about it, checking their watches, etc. Even my two profs. today mentioned the game and seemed bored with their own material to the point of letting class out early. I guess that's their attempt to hurry the day along. Hahaha. But the air is thickening with excitement of game day. The parking lots are already starting to fill up with the fans from all over the nation. Every now and then, you'll get a whiff of something on a grill somewhere, despite the weather. But all I can say is T-Minus 7 hours baby...

Yeah me too, I had been planning on going down for this game all year, but I am anxiously awaiting an exam grade that has a lot of emphasis or would definitely be in Blacksburg tonight.