Division 3 playoff picture (Statewide)

futbolking

Normally I don't like to promote another messageboard on here...but check out this link..Matt Gilliam, of Virginia Preps Fame has an excellent breakdown of the Division 3 playoff picture.

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=730613

Looks like D-3 is down statewide....I like Region IV's chances, after all.

[ QUOTE ]

it looks to me like Graham or Richlands has a good shot.even though i dont know much about Stuarts Draft or RE LEE Staunton.could be some exciting games this post season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuarts Draft

lost to Broadway (4-4) by 1

beat Wilson Memorial (Class A, 3-4) by 1

beat Riverheads (Class A, 6-1) by 3

beat Waynesboro (1-8) by 52

beat Harrisonburg (7-1) by 7

lost to Spotswood (5-3) by 1

beat Turner Ashby (4-4) by 7

lost to R.E. Lee-Staunton (6-3) by 7.

R.E. Lee-Staunton

beat Fort Defiance (1-7) by 27

lost to Alleghany (6-2) by 3

beat Fluvanna (0-7) by 6

lost to Harrisonburg (7-1) by 21

beat Broadway (4-4) by 27

lost to Turner Ashby (4-4) by 4

beat Waynesboro (1-8) by 35

beat Stuarts Draft (5-3) by 7

beat Spotswood (5-3) by 19

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Stuarts Draft beating Rockbridge and TA is pretty impressive...

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't played Rockbridge yet...

[/ QUOTE ]HAHAHAH

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant Harrisonburg (same vicinity)

well i now live in the harrisonburg area and i know that stuarts draft is a very good team with a very good running back. R E lee is also a good team but i think both rhs and ghs would stand a very good chance of beating either of these teams because of the defense both rhs and ghs have.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that Rockbridge had lost a couple of key players. Was that true? If so are they back yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rockbridge had their starting QB, WR (Early), and RB kicked off of the team back early in the season. The last I heard they were starting a freshman at QB.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/highschool/wb/133617

Rockbridge suspends 3 key players

Three of Rockbridge County's top football players have been suspended for the remainder of the 2007 season, Wildcats coach Jason White said Wednesday.

White confirmed that senior wide receiver Jeffrey Early, junior quarterback Jaqwan Biggs and junior running back/linebacker Stephen Strowbridge were suspended Monday for "breaking athletic department rules."

Early and Strowbridge were starters on Rockbridge's 2006 Group AA Division 3 runner-up team. Early was a first-team All-Timesland and All-Group AA receiver in 2006 after setting a single-season school record for receptions with 58 for 1,143 yards and 13 touchdowns.

White said the athletes will eligible to return for the winter sports season at Rockbridge.

"They're good kids; they just made a mistake," he said. "Hopefully, they'll come out and play winter sports and make good decisions in the future."

Rockbridge, which is 3-1 heading into Friday's Southern Valley District game against Waynesboro, lost starting quarterback Tyler Staton to a shoulder injury earlier this year. White said freshman Blake Coffey will be the new starting QB.

"He's got all the tools," White said. "He's done a good job with the JV team and he's done a good job in practice this week.

"We're going to be all right. We came out a little flat the first day, but we're going to be fine. We're going to be OK. I'm not just saying that to put on a good face. At first I might have been moping, too, but these kids have put me in a good mood. I really mean that."

Talent-wise, there is nobody in Region III who should seriously challenge for the state title in Division 3. Even if there were, the home field advantage for the Region IV champ should be enough to get a SW Virginia team back to Lynchburg again.

Keep an eye on James Monroe (Region I) and Monticello (Region II). I tabbed Monroe before the beginning of the season based on their performance last year and their returning talent. If they make it to Lynchburg, that wouldn't be a surprise.

Monticello, on the other hand, is the breakout team in Division 3 this year. If the Mustangs don't stumble in the regional playoffs (simply because they don't have the experience of having been there before), they will be a force to be reckoned with. That program has some notable Richlands connections -- namely the fact that Billy Haun is the principal at MHS.

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/highschool/wb/133617

Rockbridge suspends 3 key players

Three of Rockbridge County's top football players have been suspended for the remainder of the 2007 season, Wildcats coach Jason White said Wednesday.

White confirmed that senior wide receiver Jeffrey Early, junior quarterback Jaqwan Biggs and junior running back/linebacker Stephen Strowbridge were suspended Monday for "breaking athletic department rules."

Early and Strowbridge were starters on Rockbridge's 2006 Group AA Division 3 runner-up team. Early was a first-team All-Timesland and All-Group AA receiver in 2006 after setting a single-season school record for receptions with 58 for 1,143 yards and 13 touchdowns.

White said the athletes will eligible to return for the winter sports season at Rockbridge.

"They're good kids; they just made a mistake," he said. "Hopefully, they'll come out and play winter sports and make good decisions in the future."

Rockbridge, which is 3-1 heading into Friday's Southern Valley District game against Waynesboro, lost starting quarterback Tyler Staton to a shoulder injury earlier this year. White said freshman Blake Coffey will be the new starting QB.

"He's got all the tools," White said. "He's done a good job with the JV team and he's done a good job in practice this week.

"We're going to be all right. We came out a little flat the first day, but we're going to be fine. We're going to be OK. I'm not just saying that to put on a good face. At first I might have been moping, too, but these kids have put me in a good mood. I really mean that."

[/ QUOTE ]

what did they do to get kicked off the team?