WVU vs. VT

KINGPIN

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orange bowl great possibility...wvu should get automatic bid due to south fla losing and hopefully wvu winning out....virginia lost to awful nc state team....thus tech should after defeating va at end of year play in champinship game against bc...and go to orange bowl...could happen wvu vs. tech

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Orange bowl great possibility...wvu should get automatic bid due to south fla losing and hopefully wvu winning out....virginia lost to awful nc state team....thus tech should after defeating va at end of year play in champinship game against bc...and go to orange bowl...could happen wvu vs. tech

[/ QUOTE ]

A bowl committee would probably die to have that matchup. Two old rivals with two of the best fan bases in the nation. $ $ $ $

In most likelihood, Virginia Tech will have to win at Virginia to ensure that Orange Bowl birth. Yes, yesterday was awful, and brought back a lot of old demons. However, any Virginia win in the next two, or any Miami loss with any Virginia Tech loss in the next two, and that'll be the ticket to the ACC Championship game. Don't count those chickens before they hatch! This week should be a great example of that.

[ QUOTE ]

In most likelihood, Virginia Tech will have to win at Virginia to ensure that Orange Bowl birth. Yes, yesterday was awful, and brought back a lot of old demons. However, any Virginia win in the next two, or any Miami loss with any Virginia Tech loss in the next two, and that'll be the ticket to the ACC Championship game. Don't count those chickens before they hatch! This week should be a great example of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

UVA should be 2-7 instead of 7-2...the Chessmaster must have a golden horseshoe up his butt...the N.C. State game was the only game left that I thought UVA would win this year...7-5, 4-4 in the ACC looks very likely now...

All the "shoulds" in the world won't take away what "IS". All that matters at the end of the day is how a team gets its victory on the field, not how big the margin is, or that it comes in the last minutes.

Groh certainly has his fair share of pelts going into November, but it's not because of a lucky horeshoe in the nether regions. Here's a list of players who were/are out:

Kevin Ogletree, #1 WR (torn ACL)

Tom Santi, #1 TE (ankle sprain)

Cedric Peerman, #1 HB (foot)

Jamaal Jackson, #1 CB (knee)

It doesn't excuse an inexcusable loss. It means that Virginia has the potential to get the ship fully righted once the talent on the sideline, especially the ACC-leading rusher at-the-time Peerman, returns.

Three games are left: Wake Forest, @ Miami, Virginia Tech. Pilot Groh will lay into the boys this week, and with the character of the men playing, they'll work their tails off to prepare. Jim Grobe's Deacon bunch isn't a pushover anymore. However, if Sewell doesn't make mistakes against the Demon Deacon 62nd-ranked pass defense, Virginia stands a solid chance to win. Miami is not an easy out, either; the fact that this is their "last game in the Orange Bowl" concerns me. No one will know how Virginia Tech will rebound from Black Thursday, and that's a ways off anyhow.

Again, if Virginia can win any one of their next two, if Miami loses once more, and if Virginia Tech doesn't self-destruct, the road to the "Coastal Division" title, as it were, will go through Charlottesville, where no team has won since last year. No "shoulds" of "could'ves" about it.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I`m speaking the truth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Either team coud win.

Just curious since you are so sure did you pick Appy State over Michigan? If so you can make my bets this week.

well wvu wins out then vt would have to win the acc or bc go to the nc for these to teams to hook up again which id love to c . . . but imo wvu with a healthy Pat White and Steve Slaton takes VT . . . yes Tech has only lost but we got the chance to see how good LSU was when they took a UK team that got stomped by a MSU team a week b4 by WVU who was up 31 to 0 at the end of the 1st and sorry but BC is not the 2nd best team in the nation . . .

[ QUOTE ]

well wvu wins out then vt would have to win the acc or bc go to the nc for these to teams to hook up again which id love to c . . . but imo wvu with a healthy Pat White and Steve Slaton takes VT . . . yes Tech has only lost but we got the chance to see how good LSU was when they took a UK team that got stomped by a MSU team a week b4 by WVU who was up 31 to 0 at the end of the 1st and sorry but BC is not the 2nd best team in the nation . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see an LSU-WVU matchup...

[ QUOTE ]

Two old rivals with two of the best fan bases in the nation. $ $ $ $

Some of the things written on this board! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you play golf this past weekend???

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

LOL.............they couldn't stop us the whole game and Tech can't hardly score at all against a real team. We'd wipe our butt with them and flush them and ole frank and beans.

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly think WVU is better, but when has WVU beaten a real team? just wondering...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

LOL.............they couldn't stop us the whole game and Tech can't hardly score at all against a real team. We'd wipe our butt with them and flush them and ole frank and beans.

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly think WVU is better, but when has WVU beaten a real team? just wondering...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just going to beat everyone to it. What "real" team has tech beaten? It's really hard to compare these two teams. All it is is speculation. I personally think that our defense could shut down anything that wvu would throw at us. Could our offense score though? That still to be decided. I've got to admit though, it would be a fun game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that game ever happened, one could use it as a strong case for a mercy rule in college football.

[ QUOTE ]

how's that? i mean this means nothing but Wvu beat miss st., miss st beat ky pretty easily and ky beat lsu..

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and oranges. Anyone who thinks you can compare teams by using seven degrees of victory is insane.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that game ever happened, one could use it as a strong case for a mercy rule in college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have used it for the LSU/VT game.