• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

my Orange Bowl pick...

VT vs. WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the Big East team right...

I don't see Virginia Tech in that game, for I don't see them beating Boston College in a possible rematch (remember, they have to get there, first). If they win out, and lost to Boston College in the ACC title game, a 9-3 mark will not assure two BCS bids from the ACC.

If VT gets to the ACC champ game how would tehy not be in the Orange Bowl? If VT wins they are in with the auto bid. If BC wins they are in the NC and that leaves an open spot in the Orange Bowl, which would go to the #2 team, VT.

[ QUOTE ]

If VT gets to the ACC champ game how would tehy not be in the Orange Bowl? If VT wins they are in with the auto bid. If BC wins they are in the NC and that leaves an open spot in the Orange Bowl, which would go to the #2 team, VT.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not how it works. If BC made it to the NC game, the OB spot would be filled by an "at-large" BCS team. #2 in the ACC would likely go to the Peach Bowl this year...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well wvu wins out then vt would have to win the acc or bc go to the nc for these to teams to hook up again which id love to c . . . but imo wvu with a healthy Pat White and Steve Slaton takes VT . . . yes Tech has only lost but we got the chance to see how good LSU was when they took a UK team that got stomped by a MSU team a week b4 by WVU who was up 31 to 0 at the end of the 1st and sorry but BC is not the 2nd best team in the nation . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see an LSU-WVU matchup...

[/ QUOTE ]

If that game ever happened, one could use it as a strong case for a mercy rule in college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have used it for the LSU/VT game.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Two old rivals with two of the best fan bases in the nation. $ $ $ $

Some of the things written on this board! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you play golf this past weekend???

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative.

Let's not go down this road again.

West Virginia-Virginia Tech would be highly contested. I'm sure I'll repeat this multiple times.

In terms of the Big East, the only team undefeated in conference play is Connecticut, whom Virginia beat. West Virginia fans ought to worry about going through them rather than pondering a fictitious matchup with Virginia Tech.

Frankly, it's a dogfight for 5th and 6th between the Big East and the ACC in terms of the 6 power conferences.

[ QUOTE ]

Frankly, it's a dogfight for 5th and 6th between the Big East and the ACC in terms of the 6 power conferences.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great point. There is no arguing it either. So can we please put this on going discussion to rest???

awful point............the Big East was really strong this year....unfortunately.....the SEC bug has bitten us. We keep beating on each other. Yes UVA beat UCONN at home. Uconn has had an unbelievable schedule for home. The one they don't have at home is WVU. Things will change at least by that date. The ACC has had noone making alot of noise but BC and we see how that went this weekend. UVA is playing much better than recent past and give them credit. If they didn't Groh was looking for a job. I can't say that the ACC is even with the BIG EAST in football.

[ QUOTE ]

awful point............the Big East was really strong this year....unfortunately.....the SEC bug has bitten us. We keep beating on each other. Yes UVA beat UCONN at home. Uconn has had an unbelievable schedule for home. The one they don't have at home is WVU. Things will change at least by that date. The ACC has had noone making alot of noise but BC and we see how that went this weekend. UVA is playing much better than recent past and give them credit. If they didn't Groh was looking for a job. I can't say that the ACC is even with the BIG EAST in football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, because the Big East only has 2 schools that are ranked in the the Top 25 with West Virginia at #7 and UConn at #13 in the BCS. The ACC has twice as many with BC, VT, Virginia, and Clemson.

Now, 4 teams is nothing to boast about BUT this year a mediocre Miami and Florida State would still be in the competition for a Big East Title.

UConn and South Florida are among the top in the Big East and 10 years ago UConn was Division I-AA and USF wasn't even a program.

[ QUOTE ]

Well they bought the whole Eastcoast and still cant produce ton ten teams... BC---Way overrated. VT, well IF they can beat FS at home i will give them top 20's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my last post I did not say the ACC was the best conference in college football. I said that more than one team in the ACC would definitely be in contention for the Big East championship if they were in that conference.

But if you would like to talk about being "overrated", how about those USF Bulls who were #2 in the nation just a couple weeks ago, and now they aren't even in the Top 25? Or UConn being a Top 15 team?

Remember the big east was 5-0 in bowl games last year including wins over the ACC;s top two teams....Wvu has the #4 defense this year with a great offense and too much speed for tech...u saw what fsu did to bc because bc is sooo slow...don't get too excited about uva not that good,yes they beat uconn but wvu will murder uconn...I will throw these stats out there as well..wvu leads tech series 28-23-1, tech has never won back to back bowls ( 2 straight for some of you), wvu has a better winning percentage in bowl games (both are not good), sorry wvu would run past tech this year could almost be as ugly as lsu....remember tech has a little league offense and a big league (except for lsu) defense.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

STOP THE PRESSES! What current top 25 team has anyone in the big east beaten!?!

UCONN- NONE

Syracuse- None

WVU-None

Pitt-None

Louiville-none

rutgers-none

Cincy-none

south florida- WVU

thr big east has one win against current top 25 oppponents.

VT has beaten Clemson.

BC has beaten VT

UVA has beaten Uconn,

FSU has beaten BAMA and BC

NC State has beaten UVA

GT has beaten Clemson

Thats 7 to 1. WVU has zero wins over top 25 teams. Now, who has to prove themselves? I dont think VT does...

[ QUOTE ]

UCONN- NONE

Syracuse- None

WVU-None

Pitt-None

Louiville-none

rutgers-none

Cincy-none

south florida- WVU

VT has beaten Clemson.

BC has beaten VT

UVA has beaten Uconn,

NC State has beaten UVA

GT has beaten Clemson

Thats 7 to 1. WVU has zero wins over top 25 teams. Now, who has to prove themselves? I dont think VT does...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty convincing.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Remember the big east was 5-0 in bowl games last year including wins over the ACC;s top two teams....Wvu has the #4 defense this year with a great offense and too much speed for tech...u saw what fsu did to bc because bc is sooo slow...don't get too excited about uva not that good,yes they beat uconn but wvu will murder uconn...I will throw these stats out there as well..wvu leads tech series 28-23-1, tech has never won back to back bowls ( 2 straight for some of you), wvu has a better winning percentage in bowl games (both are not good), sorry wvu would run past tech this year could almost be as ugly as lsu....remember tech has a little league offense and a big league (except for lsu) defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

remember when WVU lost 8 straight bown games? You wanna talk bowls? how bout the fact that VT has been to 14 STRAIGHT BOWL GAMES...Im pretty sure VT has the overall record in the last 10-15 games against WVU...

And who has WVu tested their defense against?

Total Offense

USF-49th

Marshall- 54th

ECU- 69th

MAryland- 103rd

Rutgers- 16th... without a healthy QB

WEstern Michigan- 71st

Miss. St - 114th

Syracuse- 116th

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

remember when WVU lost 8 straight bown games? You wanna talk bowls? how bout the fact that VT has been to 14 STRAIGHT BOWL GAMES...Im pretty sure VT has the overall record in the last 10-15 games against WVU...

And who has WVu tested their defense against?

Total Offense

USF-49th

Marshall- 54th

ECU- 69th

MAryland- 103rd

Rutgers- 16th... without a healthy QB

WEstern Michigan- 71st

Miss. St - 114th

Syracuse- 116th

[/ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech more than has the edge against West Virginia. Since 1990, Virginia Tech is 11-5 against the Mountaineers, which is fairly impressive.

Also, your second point is very valid. Again, West Virginia fans who think UConn will be a pushover are in for QUITE the surprise...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

UCONN- NONE

Syracuse- None

WVU-None

Pitt-None

Louiville-none

rutgers-none

Cincy-none

south florida- WVU

VT has beaten Clemson.

BC has beaten VT

UVA has beaten Uconn,

NC State has beaten UVA

GT has beaten Clemson

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is extremely convincing. Very nice research to dig those stats out.

For the second time, I beg, let's stop it now. Both conferences have their merits. Let's not go down this road again.

alright i will stop, I wish the rivalry was continued though provided great trash talking yearly for these teams. It was a shame the series had to end. I am hoping tech makes it to orange bowl...and wvu wins out...However if Ohio state wins out..rose gets first pick and says they are going to take wvu if available....personally I would like to go to orange and take on the hokies.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

UCONN- NONE

Syracuse- None

WVU-None

Pitt-None

Louiville-none

rutgers-none

Cincy-none

south florida- WVU

VT has beaten Clemson.

BC has beaten VT

UVA has beaten Uconn,

NC State has beaten UVA

GT has beaten Clemson

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia Tech stinks cecil get over it, you never played the game of football anyway...I would like to see you lined up against any football team and we see how you would run your political mouth.