Beaver vs. Scott - Friday, 11/23, 730

sanctagon

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Willie is just pissed because G-Man said that Monroe County hero and legend Ben Thornton wasn't as good as Roberts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was from Bluefield he would be the greatest thing since white bread...

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that if Roberts played for Bluefield then James Monroe would have the "athletes" to stop him.

[/ QUOTE ]

If roberts played for bluefield he would never get the yards, never be in the kennedy award running. He could kiss the record for rushing yards goodbye as well...

the kid is good, but he isnt the greatest ever.

he only gets any recognition is because of the offense he plays for...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Willie is just pissed because G-Man said that Monroe County hero and legend Ben Thornton wasn't as good as Roberts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was from Bluefield he would be the greatest thing since white bread...

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that if Roberts played for Bluefield then James Monroe would have the "athletes" to stop him.

[/ QUOTE ]

If roberts played for bluefield he would never get the yards, never be in the kennedy award running. He could kiss the record for rushing yards goodbye as well...

the kid is good, but he isnt the greatest ever.

he only gets any recognition is because of the offense he plays for...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it is much easier to spread everyone out and read where the hole is than to run a normal formation and run sweeps,counters, and dives. The kid is good no doubt, but the offense is what makes him.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

both good backs, hard to tell really with the offenses being different. I give the edge to roberts though, but he will look a whole lot better in the system he is in...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

wow willie, i thought you were a JM fan, didnt know you were also a scott fan too!

I agree that Roberts would have nowhere close to the stats he has now if he were to be at Bluefield. Scott runs a special offense where Roberts gets the ball everytime, on everyplay, and runs from the shotgun in the quarterback position to where he can read easier. If he were at Bluefield he would have to split time running with the 5 other runners they have.

Personally, I feel that if Bluefield were to run Shaun Brooks every play that he would have just as many yards as Roberts has this year.

[ QUOTE ]

I think you'll enjoy watching Roberts...he plays hard the whole game.

[/ QUOTE ]

im looking forward to it.should be a good game.you never know what can happen in these type of games.

you will enjoy watching him play...i was in the heart of the Bluefield student section at the last game (no im not a traitor..i went to the game with some buddies of mine from Bluefield) and we just stood there in awe of some of the runs he pulled off...he is a very VERY good player...but nowhere near the likes of AB...its just the offense that stars him...he is very talented and i expect no less than 150 yards rushing in the game friday night

anyone ever notice how around this time of year (and a few weeks earlier) that this board stinks of cow dung from the JM faithful?? they come on here beatin they're chests and dont shut up until Blfd (usually) ends their hopes earning credibility in the eyes of the state! anyone else catch that every year??

p.s. except for the classy lady from JM, shes the exception to the rule! (i likes her)

[ QUOTE ]

except for the classy lady from JM, shes the exception to the rule! (i likes her)

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this one? I heard she's lost her sheep...I wonder if she checked Willie's house???

istockphoto_535648_little_bo_peep.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

anyone ever notice how around this time of year (and a few weeks earlier) that this board stinks of cow dung from the JM faithful?? they come on here beatin they're chests and dont shut up until Blfd (usually) ends their hopes earning credibility in the eyes of the state! anyone else catch that every year??

p.s. except for the classy lady from JM, shes the exception to the rule! (i likes her)

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time I smell it is when we get a breeze coming out of Tennessee. It's not cow dung, it's pure Beaver S-H-I-T.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

except for the classy lady from JM, shes the exception to the rule! (i likes her)

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this one? I heard she's lost her sheep...I wonder if she checked Willie's house???

istockphoto_535648_little_bo_peep.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you Gman. BAH, BAH