Beaver vs. Scott - Friday, 11/23, 730

sanctagon

[ QUOTE ]

For the people who attended the Bluefield/Scott game earlier in the season. Was Roberts high yard total mostly due to the fact that Bluefield didn't wrap up on him properly and missed tackles?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you have to give Roberts some credit for being able to break poorly executed attempts...he is a strong kid and he had a nice little hop-step and a pretty good spin move. Also, once he got in the open, there was only one player on the field who could catch him.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberts has been compare to Roberts from Tolsia, he also reminds be of Ben Thornton at James Monroe in 1998 and 1999. The Mavs were a better rounded team the Scott is, but Ben was what Maverick football was then, especially in 1999. As much as I hate to remember this game, I think this will be alot like our loss to Wyoming East in 99. Bluefield will jump out to a big lead, and Scott will close it up, but it won't be enough, Bluefield wins 31-24.

[ QUOTE ]

Roberts has been compare to Roberts from Tolsia, he also reminds be of Ben Thornton at James Monroe in 1998 and 1999. The Mavs were a better rounded team the Scott is, but Ben was what Maverick football was then, especially in 1999. As much as I hate to remember this game, I think this will be alot like our loss to Wyoming East in 99. Bluefield will jump out to a big lead, and Scott will close it up, but it won't be enough, Bluefield wins 31-24.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roberts is much better than Evans and better than any back who ever wore a JM, Peterstown or Union jersey. Without Roberts, Scott wouldn't have won three games this year.

QUOTE:

Roberts is much better than Evans and better than any back who ever wore a JM, Peterstown or Union jersey. Without Roberts, Scott wouldn't have won three games this year.

------------

You can add Graham & Bluefield to that list also...

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Roberts is better than the likes of Charlie Tynes, Yubrenelle Isabelle, Donald Amaker, Cortez Martin, Bill Dudley, and Ahmad Bradshaw? The last two of whom went on to play in the NFL.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Roberts is better than the likes of Charlie Tynes, Yubrenelle Isabelle, Donald Amaker, Cortez Martin, Bill Dudley, and Ahmad Bradshaw? The last two of whom went on to play in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. He isn't as good as Bradshaw...or any of the others that Sources listed...

I'll promise you two things about Roberts...1) you won't see him starting for ANY Division 1 program, and 2) he definitely won't be playing on Sunday and getting paid for it. But he is probably the best running back in WV this season.

Roberts is by far the best player in the state that i have seen. I expect nothing more that 110 percent from him on friday night. Coach Simon is one of the best coaches i believe in making adjustments against a team that he has already played before and should be no different friday night. Do i think Bluefield will completely shut him down?No. He is too good for that. But i do believe he will have to work much harder this time around to put up the numbers he did last time. Should be a great game and i hope to see the Beaver Nation come out friday night in great numbers. Also would like to encourage the Graham fans to come out and show some support and see a great game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your credibility just went to zero.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know credibility was built on opinions.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Credibility is built on just a little common sense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then your opinion isn't much......Bill Dudley is in the pro football hall of fame, Bradshaw will make his mark, and the others have been outstanding football players. The kid from Scott has not accomplished anything yet. Willie, you are a homer, have you ever been out of the confines of Monroe County? With that opinion I would think not.....

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I would love to see Richlands win another state title. And hopefully we will get one also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes to the Beavers and Beaver Nation Friday night!!

GO BLUES!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on opinions, credibility is built on life experiences seasoned with integrity

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

------------------

Yes I am....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on opinions, credibility is built on life experiences seasoned with integrity

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what it is, I'll be OK....