Bluefield v. James Monroe -- 2007 WV AA State Championship game

Bluefield_Rules

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As far as Will Cole is concerned, I think he throws it up and hopes the receiver can run under it....Just an opinion of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang it Willie!!! I hate when we agree on something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, now we're gettin' somewhere...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the Bluefield passing stats during the Oct. 27 game???

"The Maverick pass rush limited the heralded Beaver aerial attack to two completions for 11 yards and forcing two interceptions."

You might be on to something Willie!!

The fact of the matter is, Bluefield is a better football team and should win upstate, if ,and only if, they play to the best of their ability.

James Monroe has a good team, but they also lack the ability to pass the ball. If we can stop the run, like we did in the '05 semis, we will have this game in the bag. Of course, stopping that running attack is easier said than done. I am sure that Coach will cook up another great defensive scheme just as he did for Jordan Roberts and be able to contain that single-wing crap. Gonna be a good one. I am just happy that I get to go.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

cole had an off night, simple as that. but thats ok cause we got the win. if you let your minds drift back to that night when ansel ponder was wide open, i mean unbelievably wide open, twice in a row, he makes one of those passes its 21-7. you havent seen a passing attack yet, and i know wayne and magnolia didnt show it to you...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

is that avatar a self portrate sandman because you must have been drinking when you made that statement. go ahead though, let all the bluefield people think you are going to kill us. that's fine by me. whether we win or lose we will give you a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandman isn't from Bluefield, he's a Graham fan. And not everyone from Bluefield thinks we're going to kill JM, namely the most important people - the players and the coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they've got a little bit of intelligence. Bluefield fans are felling pretty good about this game, but anyone who watched the first game earlier this year knows how easily it could've went the other way. All this about Bluefield putting up big #s against Roane, Chapmanville and Scott, well, just look at who we were talking about. The only major power there was Scott, a basic 1-man team, and the defense of there's, well, let's just see you won't see comparison's to the '85 Bears and Scott anytime soon.

James Monroe has had close games against 2 very well-rounded teams, teams that would be competitive with anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandman don't have anything else to do. Graham left early. He's just bored....

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's toughest opponents were Richlands and William Campbell. Bluefield will defeat Monroe handily. I stand by my statement.

[ QUOTE ]

cole had an off night, simple as that. but thats ok cause we got the win. if you let your minds drift back to that night when ansel ponder was wide open, i mean unbelievably wide open, twice in a row, he makes one of those passes its 21-7. you havent seen a passing attack yet, and i know wayne and magnolia didnt show it to you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not taking anything away from Cole or any other quarterback JM faced this year, but the freshman from Magnolia was probably the best I have seen - he had a good arm, was accurate and very poised. He made some unbelievable things happen.

[ QUOTE ]

Not taking anything away from Cole or any other quarterback JM faced this year, but the freshman from Magnolia was probably the best I have seen - he had a good arm, was accurate and very poised. He made some unbelievable things happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that! He was good.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i find that quite strange considering he threw 2 INTS and went 8-21... hmmm....

You can't do anything about that. If Jordan Roberts is the best back to ever take the field against James Monroe and is obviously better than anyone who has come from Bluefield or Graham, then you can almost guarantee that any middle school quarterback in the state is better than Will Cole. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i find that quite strange considering he threw 2 INTS and went 8-21... hmmm....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess you're right. Being a JM fan, what would I know about a quarterback.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess you're right. Being a JM fan, what would I know about a quarterback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Point!

yeah I find it strange how JM fans can criticize a qb. Do they even have one? I mean honestly, that stupid drive they could possibly even consider to be a comeback attempt was pathetic. You stop JM's run, you stop them. I saw some play that JM ran against Wayne when they actually did pass the ball and the football looked more like one of those little weeble toys I have bought for my little sister.

Sure, Will had an off night against JM the first time around, but everyone does have one, and he has done a fine job all year long. I can say this for sure..JM will see a different Will Cole this week in Wheeling, especially right before they are ten yards behind Ansel Ponder as he jogs down the sidelines to the endzone.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah I find it strange how JM fans can criticize a qb. Do they even have one? I mean honestly, that stupid drive they could possibly even consider to be a comeback attempt was pathetic. You stop JM's run, you stop them. I saw some play that JM ran against Wayne when they actually did pass the ball and the football looked more like one of those little weeble toys I have bought for my little sister.

Sure, Will had an off night against JM the first time around, but everyone does have one, and he has done a fine job all year long. I can say this for sure..JM will see a different Will Cole this week in Wheeling, especially right before they are ten yards behind Ansel Ponder as he jogs down the sidelines to the endzone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think I critized your QB at all. Read my original post again - correctly, this time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But those 8 completions went for 138 yards (avg of 17.25yds/pass) and one touchdown. Eight may not be a lot of completed passes, but if you would've been there and seen the pressure he was under when he made them, you'd understand why we say he was good. Just when you'd think he was going to be sacked for a loss, he'd find a way to get off a 1st down pass. So my opinion that he's good wasn't based on quantity, it was based on quality. And he had some very nice, quality passes at times when they needed them. He was good.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But those 8 completions went for 138 yards (avg of 17.25yds/pass) and one touchdown. Eight may not be a lot of completed passes, but if you would've been there and seen the pressure he was under when he made them, you'd understand why we say he was good. Just when you'd think he was going to be sacked for a loss, he'd find a way to get off a 1st down pass. So my opinion that he's good wasn't based on quantity, it was based on quality. And he had some very nice, quality passes at times when they needed them. He was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure he threw a INT at the JM 4 to end a drive, and threw an INT at the end of the game in the red zone to seal the deal... so yeah, i guess you could say he threw quality passes at important times...

Is this a great country or what? Friday Night in Wheeling, Sat in Morgantown now all I need is some tics for the Pittsburg vs Cin game on Sunday. I have enjoyed the talk on this board this week and I want to wish all traveling north a safe trip. Good luck to Bluefield and James Monroe. I do hope this game is desided on the field by the teams and not some stupid flag that we will spend the next year talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey MavsRock are you going to make the trip? I just received a fax about my Press Credentials and parking so Bill and I will be on the sidelines. I am looking forward to this one the line is all back and in good shape for the first time in the last 6 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, God Almighty is pretty much the only force in the universe that would keep me from being at Wheeling Island Stadium come Friday.

Hey, if you come across any "extra" sideline passes, send me a private message please.

About the Maverick line, for a while, I thought I was the only one who noticed the injuries. I think the healthy James Monroe team we have now will be a better one than what Bluefield saw in October. I saw the field little up from the county line near Red Sulfur this evening, seems like just yesterday we played Narrows. I can;t wait until Friday!

By the way, have you heard how Teddy Ballard's doing?

He was having some intestinel(gut) problems last week and could not make the trip to Wayne. The other coaches called him just before the game and he said he was doing a lot better but I have not talked to any of this week so I just don't know.

[ QUOTE ]

He was having some intestinel(gut) problems last week and could not make the trip to Wayne. The other coaches called him just before the game and he said he was doing a lot better but I have not talked to any of this week so I just don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coach Ballard was at practice yesterday and from what I understand, he was back in full swing!

[ QUOTE ]

I really liked him as a coach and person. We thought he was a little psycho when it came to conditioning.I think he got great joy watching me and the others puke our guts out.LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

He makes you work, no doubt about it...

Bluefield is favored slightly to win the game, but most everyone is expecting it to be a battle.

It is a shame that it has to be played at Wheeling Island. It would be very neat if all of Southern WV could experience it but most people who do not have close ties to either program will not go that distance. If it were anywhere close to the vicinity of the hometowns then I would imagine that Bluefield would have a lot of support from the Graham and Richlands faithful, not just in spirit, but in person.