BLUEFIELD BEAVERS...2007 WV CLASS AA STATE CHAMPIONS

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

It looked like Ponder had a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, you really listened didn't you. He caught three pass one for three yards, one for zero yards, and then the screen pass he took to the house for 57 yards. He also had one run for 28 yards but fumbled and JM recovered it and turned it into 3 points before the half. NOT one of his better games...

BTW, you need to quit registering under so many names...

Greetings from Wheeling; what a sweet night in Wheeling it is/was. Bluefield made a bunch of mistakes with turnovers, but held on to win in the end. Winning a state championship is great enough, but defeating a rival like James Monroe makes it even better. Congrats to JM on a wonderful season. Congrats to the Beavers on another state title and undefeated season. It's surreal at this point to think the season is already over and Bluefield is the Kings of AA football once again.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, you really listened didn't you. He caught three pass one for three yards, one for zero yards, and then the screen pass he took to the house for 57 yards. He also had one run for 28 yards but fumbled and JM recovered it and turned it into 3 points before the half. NOT one of his better games...

[/ QUOTE ]

That fumble was heart-breaking, he had that one guy to beat and he dove at Ponder, knocking the ball lose. I give the JM player credit for a great defensive play, it saved a TD. That really took the wind out of Bluefield's sail.

[ QUOTE ]

Greetings from Wheeling; what a sweet night in Wheeling it is/was. Bluefield made a bunch of mistakes with turnovers, but held on to win in the end. Winning a state championship is great enough, but defeating a rival like James Monroe makes it even better. Congrats to JM on a wonderful season. Congrats to the Beavers on another state title and undefeated season. It's surreal at this point to think the season is already over and Bluefield is the Kings of AA football once again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules you need to get up early in the morning and come on back and watch the Blues play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see or listen to the game....the news glorified him. It seemed that he had a good game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see or listen to the game....the news glorified him. It seemed that he had a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand my last statement???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules you need to get up early in the morning and come on back and watch the Blues play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You send a plane to get us and we'll be there. Good luck to Richlands.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried about Ponder on the first series of the game. He was cramping big-time on that first drive, which is why he was late on coverage on the TD pass.

I listened to parts of the game throughout the night, so anything I say is only based on the parts that I heard. Someone said earlier this week that they thought that the inexperience of JM in big games, especially the state championship game, could be the ultimate deciding factor. Well, from listening to JM's last drive I think that may have been the case. The one series where JM was flagged for two straight false start penalties, and as a result lost over 30 seconds on the clock, was evidence that they were shaken-up by all the pressure, while Bluefield’s defense bent but didn’t break all night, which shows a lot of experience. Anyway, that is just what I got from the parts of the game that I listened to.

Congrats to Bluefield on a great season, and winning your 9th state champ...wow, that's a lot!

Also, Congrats to JM on a awesome season, and proving for a second time that you do deserve to be on the same field as Bluefield. You all sounded like you were a worthy opponent, and you never gave up. I’m sure we will see you guys back at Wheeling in the next couple of years!

Does anyone know the status of the injury on Nick Kisiel? I know he laid a hard hit on Ansel Ponder on the botched punt snap late in the game and went down. When they were helping him off of the field, I noticed his left leg seemed to be dangling. Hopefully it isn't serious and he makes a full recovery.

First off, great game played tonight and congrats beavers. Saw you guys play 4 times this year and other than the Mount View game they were all worth the price of admission. These 2 teams are very evenly matched with the speed vs. power match-up. I think the game very easily could have went to overtime though or even to JM in regulation had the Mavs not went away from what got them to Wheeling. I got a feeling Dave Witt won't forget this game for a long time.

As far as Wheeling itself: I don't give a damn what the WVSSAC says, the only reason these two schools have to go that far is money. I never thought I would see a state title game being played across the street from a titty bar much less a gambling joint. What a joke. Screw wheeling, put it back in Charleston.