Head Football Coaching Jobs??

Karl_Childers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was nothing extensive or complicated about the line's blocking. Play was going right eveyone stepped to the right. Play goes left everyone steps to the left. Maybe hard to some but most people with a brain can grasp it. Unless your tid-bit

[ QUOTE ]

There was nothing extensive or complicated about the line's blocking. Play was going right eveyone stepped to the right. Play goes left everyone steps to the left. Maybe hard to some but most people with a brain can grasp it. Unless your tid-bit

[/ QUOTE ]

why attack me, I said nothing about the line's play. Time to grow up son!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually ole' Tid was pretty good in his day...show some respect...he could probably teach you guys something...no kidding.

I don't think ole' Tid was as good as coach Compton nor has he the experience that coach Compton has. You don't play major college and pro football and not be considered experienced. Some of the players that I know say it's nice to have a o-line coach that knows about blocking and things . Along with coach Young I think da dawgs have two good line coaches in the district.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think ole' Tid was as good as coach Compton nor has he the experience that coach Compton has. You don't play major college and pro football and not be considered experienced. Some of the players that I know say it's nice to have a o-line coach that knows about blocking and things . Along with coach Young I think da dawgs have two good line coaches in the district.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are partialy correct as I don't think he ever played pro ball, but I bet he probably put Compton on his ass a time or two...lol. Mike is a great guy and is a great person to have around your football team...wasn't saying anything bad about him at all...you guys are lucky to have him...just saying Tid isn't just talking out his blow hole.

Tazewell has been in a state of change for a few years, they have the coaches in place now to go forward and produce some good results, just let them be and see what happens...go messing with it and you will be a few more years getting settled.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are partialy correct as I don't think he ever played pro ball, but I bet he probably put Compton on his ass a time or two...lol. Mike is a great guy and is a great person to have around your football team...wasn't saying anything bad about him at all...you guys are lucky to have him...just saying Tid isn't just talking out his blow hole.

Tazewell has been in a state of change for a few years, they have the coaches in place now to go forward and produce some good results, just let them be and see what happens...go messing with it and you will be a few more years getting settled.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NFL, nope never played. Pro ball, yep got some experience there. Thanks Lance. Coaching, nope I dont have the patience for that.

hahaha...no problem...i played for about 9 or 10 years myself, I played against Compton and some pretty good linemen along the way, and the only hit that I really remember from the entire time that actually stands out was from Tid..so..i give due respect for that...he could play some ball.

I understand what you are saying about the patience thing tho...not sure I could do it either.

[ QUOTE ]

can you win at battle, if so can someone give some insight about this situiation school,kids,and feeder school?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to that question is NO! John Bottle would be better off giving up football and turning the football field into a cow pasture.

[ QUOTE ]

Well, you know if coach Simon Sr. gets the WVU head coaching job, Jr. will slide in there, if not I know he will be interested in Montcalm job, hell I may coach them! How much they pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's a joke, but as silly as it sounds, I'm not even sure that would surprise me after the last month.

Billy would never go to John Battle, who would want too? No one will ever win at Battle that would include Lou Holtz, Joe Pa, Les Miles you name them.

Coach Strong is the best coach that Battle has had in a while. He has started a feeder program, youth camps, team camps, passing leagues, and tried to turn Battle into a first class program but on many occassions is one of the few people that has stood up for the Football program. The football program was on the up and up and Battle runs another good coach off. If he did resign good for him because he appreciates passion for the sport and Battle will never have it because there are people in charge who don't want Battle football to succeed. Why would any sane coach go to Battle where the athletic director doesn't believe you can win at. I have heard these comments from his mouth during two home games at battle.

Coach Strong is hard-nosed and very intense but parents in the stands think they know more. Go to Battle if you want but don't expect any help from administration or the AD I have personally called and emailed both with no response on two separate occassions. The AD will never return your phone call or email.

Sorry to ramble on but Battle deserves everything they get. The sad thing is the kids have to pay for the stupidity of certain people.

Battle can beat teams like Twin Springs and Pound. My 11 year old daughter could beat those two schools. Battle has had some good athletes but not enough to compete. Coach Strong was at least working with kids to make them better on his own time. I ask you to look at everything Coach Strong has done in a three year period at Battle, it might blow your mind.