GRAHAM NEEDS ONE FOOTBALL GAME FOR THE 2008 SEASON...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

i had heard that they were losing a lot of players. granted i havent looked at anything refering to their roster, so i am making this statement solely on what i have heard, but i was told they were losing their o-line and their good receiver who killed us on that reverse.

[/ QUOTE ]

wc didnt lose anything compared to what bluefield lost.wc lost nothing.bluefield lost everything.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bluefield did not lose everything. They return two first team all-state players, one 2nd team captian all-state and another all-state special mention player. They also have good players to fill in.

Look forward to seeing Levi Beckett work his magic next season. This kid has so much potential and will be taking over exactly what Ansel did this year (wide out and safety).

[ QUOTE ]

Look forward to seeing Levi Beckett work his magic next season. This kid has so much potential and will be taking over exactly what Ansel did this year (wide out and safety).

[/ QUOTE ]

Let’s quail the expectations a bit at this point for Beckett. Yes, the kid is very talented and appears to have a bright future ahead of him. However, let’s not say that he’s going to step in and be the impact player that Ansel Ponder, a D-1 prospect, was this past season. You cannot replace the experience lost to graduation no matter how talented the young kids are. There will be growing pains for Bluefield in 2008...

I agree that he will not have the hype that Ansel brought. I am saying he will take over exactly what Ansel did, not be exactly Ansel. Ansel is, in my opinion, one of the best kept secrets in high football. Levi wont draw triple teams from every team we play and wont have the height advantage over every DB, but he is good. He doesnt have the experience that Ansel brought, but what he does have is potential. Give Levi some time and after the first few games of the season, he will soon become a force.

Graham-Gretna??? wow that would be a game i would have to go to if its at Graham...that would be a good matchup...the spread vs. hard nose football if Graham stays with the hardnose type...

Here is the latest...

Graham and Gretna will play IF AND ONLY IF Gretna can get Magna Vista to switch dates for their game. Nothing is set yet...

Also, James Monroe will not return calls to Graham despite the fact they also need a game and have the same date open as Graham.

And finally, it may be that the Graham-Beaver game will not be Graham's first game of the season. WV starts its season one week later than VA this year. Bluefield has contacted the WVSSAC and requested to start a week earlier than the rest of WV in order to keep the Graham-Beaver game as the season opener for both schools. If Bluefield's request is denied, Graham will open its season against Christiansburg on 8/22 as Christiansburg has agreed to move the date up.

Nothing is set in stone...I'll keep everyone posted when I get more info.

[ QUOTE ]

Here is the latest...

Graham and Gretna will play IF AND ONLY IF Gretna can get Magna Vista to switch dates for their game. Nothing is set yet...

Also, James Monroe will not return calls to Graham despite the fact they also need a game and have the same date open as Graham.

And finally, it may be that the Graham-Beaver game will not be Graham's first game of the season. WV starts its season one week later than VA this year. Bluefield has contacted the WVSSAC and requested to start a week earlier than the rest of WV in order to keep the Graham-Beaver game as the season opener for both schools. If Bluefield's request is denied, Graham will open its season against Christiansburg on 8/22 as Christiansburg has agreed to move the date up.

Nothing is set in stone...I'll keep everyone posted when I get more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, for a school who took a big step this year and that is trying to get to the next level James Monroe is shocking me by not returning calls to Graham High School. Guess another 9-1 record and big wins against mighty Pikeview will help them get over the hump. Note to Coach Witt: you don't get better playing cupcakes, you get better by playing better competition. That is why Bluefield High School are state champions, and you are the runner up. And it will be that way every year until you cross that line. Don't be scared......

James Monroe is stupid not to agree to face Graham right now. The G-Men are experiencing a down cycle and James Monroe has had better teams in the couple of years than Graham, at least in my opinion. Graham's down cycle will turn at some point soon though. Maybe that's what they fear though, I don't know. At least they did pick up Wayne for 2008.

[ QUOTE ]

I would love to see James Monroe and Graham play and I am not sure why the calls are not being returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like they're "skeered"...

• 3 weeks later...

i dont get caught up in fantasy land anymore i try to keep it real.gretna has an excellent program and excellent athletes.their qb was a freshman last year and already has a title.i believe Graham will have a very good team this year,and probably win the SWD.but beating gretna will be a big challenge.not only for Graham,but every team they play.dont get me wrong on this i would love to see the G-Men mop the field with everyone and beat em by 50 pts or more go 14-0 win state and all that.but ive got to be realistic too.anyway good luck to the G-Men in 2008!