GRAHAM NEEDS ONE FOOTBALL GAME FOR THE 2008 SEASON...

GMan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

For the gmens sake lets hope it isnt salem or amherst

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't either of them...its an out-of-state school. Coach Marrs has been trying to get in contact with them since Tuesday but hasn't had any luck reaching anyone yet.

James Monroe still hasn't called back either...they seem to be content with a nine-game schedule sans the G-Men.

One school has contacted Graham and is willing to play them but putting them on the schedule would be a first for Graham...but at least they had the balls to step up...and I apologize to that school for every bad thing I've said about them in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how far Coach Marrs is willing to travel, but Elizabethon HS in TN might be a good one. Coached by Shawn Witten, Jason Witten's brother. Their grandfather, Dave Rider, coached at Tazewell High School several years ago.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't either of them...its an out-of-state school. Coach Marrs has been trying to get in contact with them since Tuesday but hasn't had any luck reaching anyone yet.

James Monroe still hasn't called back either...they seem to be content with a nine-game schedule sans the G-Men.

One school has contacted Graham and is willing to play them but putting them on the schedule would be a first for Graham...but at least they had the balls to step up...and I apologize to that school for every bad thing I've said about them in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know how far Coach Marrs is willing to travel, but Elizabethon HS in TN might be a good one. Coached by Shawn Witten, Jason Witten's brother. Their grandfather, Dave Rider, coached at Tazewell High School several years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

They played Elizabethon a couple times before, so may be a possibility. I think Jason Witten may have been on one of those teams.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They played Elizabethon a couple times before, so may be a possibility. I think Jason Witten may have been on one of those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was on both of those teams...his junior and senior years.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was on both of those teams...his junior and senior years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he was a senior when they played first here at Mitchell Stadium. If my memory serves me correctly, the game was tied at halftime then he put on a clinic in the second half while the cyclone defense contained Sugar Ray and Elizabethon pulled away to win 40-20 I think...The second time we played at Elizabethon in 2000 we were driving for a winning score late when sophomore quarterback HT Matthews fumbled a snap from center late and E-town won 26-20

Rumor is Graham has found a 10th game...its a first but it isn't the first time these two have played. All I can say is...WOW! Another top notch team added to the schedule...its not Gate City but Gate City is familiar with this team...

[ QUOTE ]

Rumor is Graham has found a 10th game...its a first but it isn't the first time these two have played. All I can say is...WOW! Another top notch team added to the schedule...its not Gate City but Gate City is familiar with this team...

[/ QUOTE ]

well who is it?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well who is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't say until I know for certain...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well who is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't say until I know for certain...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it Gretna?

I'm guessing it's either Lebanon or George Wythe, possibly Giles.

The "first" probably refers to the first time Graham has scheduled a Group A team.

Graham has played all three previously as all used to be in Region IV. I think they played GW and Giles in the regular season following the SWD split, and of course Lebanon was in the SWD and Highlands.

Gate City would be most familiar with Lebanon, then GW. I don't think GC has played Giles since the early 80s.

I feel like I'm in a Batman movie trying to solve clues from the Riddler.

OK..there's also a possibility it could be William Campbell. Not sure G-Man would get as excited about the other teams I mentioned.

Graham has played them before, as has Gate City.

if so, id like to see that game. From what ive heard WC is losing a good amount of players and Graham is returning a lot. If this game were to have been this past season, i would have paid to see a blowout. Now i'll pay to watch what i presume will be a decent game.

[ QUOTE ]

if so, id like to see that game. From what ive heard WC is losing a good amount of players and Graham is returning a lot. If this game were to have been this past season, i would have paid to see a blowout. Now i'll pay to watch what i presume will be a decent game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who you've talked to, but WC will be returning a number of keys player from this past season. They were very young this season (2007), with a number of sophomores seeing significant playing time.

i had heard that they were losing a lot of players. granted i havent looked at anything refering to their roster, so i am making this statement solely on what i have heard, but i was told they were losing their o-line and their good receiver who killed us on that reverse.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who you've talked to, but WC will be returning a number of keys player from this past season. They were very young this season (2007), with a number of sophomores seeing significant playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only lose like 3 starters from what I understand. But that is someone else's problem.....