loudest crowd around the southwest

swvasport_7

Who has the loudest crowd in the area. Grundy packs the student section every home game but sometimes are princable will be a** and wont let us do anything. Richlands is know for the crowd. I like how there band goes to the home games. I will never forget when Theo J. played for Grundy and it was at R-lands and every time he got the ball they chanted his old girlfriend name becuase the broke up like a few days before the game and she went to R-lands (that nite he drop 30+) Twin Valley has a good student section, the bumz, they are always loud when Grundy plays there. What about everybody else?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the previous 4 years, Bluefield's Beaver Nation was always rocking the house at the big games, but this year it just isn't there. It is full of the preps who don't know a thing about basketball and just come to show off in front of the ladies or the guys. With last year's graduation, the Bluefield Student Section died.

have you ever been to a Bluefield/Princeton game?

if not, you probably havent seen a good high school rivalry in basketball or just overall, espcially when there are groups of 75-100 people who hate each other screaming back and forth in a closed environment like the gym (those 75-100 are just students).

if you were to have caught a Bluefield game last year, you would have experienced the realness of "The Dam" Every game, no matter what, was consisting of constant chanting, cheering and the most often trash talking by yours truly. I cant ever remember leaving a game without hearing someone from the oposing side making remarks, mostly hateful, of the Bluefield student section.

I remember most the Westside game at Bluefield last season. We were loudest we had ever been because it was a great down to the wire game which including the high flying skills of Dexter Moore, leading to an eruption of applause from the entire Bluefield crowd. I also fondly remember the home Logan game and mr. Billy and Ed and Steve and I also remember plenty of oposing players threatening me and giving me the "stink eye" over some f, what I consider, playful trash talking.

We get some pretty bad remarks too lol. After the game tonight we huddled up at halfcourt and did the Mafia thing and I heard several Graham players make some pretty bad comments. As well as their JV team. It was the same way at Grundy.

BUMZ ALL THE WAY!!! for a single A school our crowd is absolutely crazy... when you come to pilgrims knob you dont just play the panthers... you gotta play with the constant harassment of a hysterical crowd of 50-60 ecstatic students who are determined to carry there boys back to richmond...

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon's beats grundys student section by farrr, idk about swva but for the swd i'd say they had the best one

[/ QUOTE ]

there was nobody there for the carrol co. game, go ask anybody that was there for the first game against Council or at Haysi or the Richlands game, im not saying that Abingdon dont have a good crowd but because i never have been to a Abingdon game, but i dont know if they have a better crowd than us, but Grundy plays at Abingdon this week and i think i am making the trip.

Yea the BUMZ are by far the loudest. And in my opinion the best around. Every person in the BUMZ after the game cant talk because they have yelled the whole game. And in the game agianst honaker there was about 10 people in the BUMZ that painted their face.

The "BUMZ" are way too far from the court to be considered the best and loudest cheering section. If they want to really have an impact they need to get out of the top row and get down closer to the floor!

[ QUOTE ]

For the previous 4 years, Bluefield's Beaver Nation was always rocking the house at the big games, but this year it just isn't there. It is full of the preps who don't know a thing about basketball and just come to show off in front of the ladies or the guys. With last year's graduation, the Bluefield Student Section died.

[/ QUOTE ]

I complately agree with you. When they actually do yell it is something that has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Which is why after the first game against Graham i have been watching the game sitting down with you guys.

[ QUOTE ]

The "BUMZ" are way too far from the court to be considered the best and loudest cheering section. If they want to really have an impact they need to get out of the top row and get down closer to the floor!

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently were pretty loud because grundy can't concentrate when we yell at them, especially D.J.

I give the Bumz credit for the Honaker win, even though some people have ice water in his veins (foul shots)

Abingdon by far there student section starts from the bottom and goes up all the way 2 the top and they got some pretty high bleachers and its very loud coming from experience but im sure someone has an arguement against me