Grundy @ Graham

wave_20

i was talking about coaching earlier in this thread. i brought up the records and such because the person i quoted was talking about how graham should have never beaten grundy anyway...blah blah blah.

i stated how records didnt matter as graham had the game in the bag.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tail said it best...run 4 corners. its easy.

losing this game goes a lot further than grundy having one good quarter. to score 44 points in one quarter when in the other three you scored a total of 33..thats saying something. for anyone to try and make the point of Graham's coaching and performance not influencing the outcome of the game or to say that graham just had "one bad quarter" is ridiculous. it was way more than a "bad" quarter and Grundy's 4th quarter was not a "good qarter"

Grundy was matched up so Graham couldnt have just held the ball. They had to play ball. 4 corners would have worked IF (1) Grundy played a zone which DIDNT happen or (2) Graham's players didnt turn the ball over everytime down the floor. If you dont have a team that can keep from turning the ball over, then you dont have a team good enough to be on the floor. Everyone in Graham refuses to put the blame on the players that actually LOST the game. Thats my point. Could a coach had helped. Yes to a degree. But my point now is the same as its always been, YOU HAVE TO HAVE PLAYERS THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF THE BALL AND MAKE FREE THROWS IF YOU ARE EVER GOING TO FINISH AN OPPONENT.

Yes, if not the official would have made them, since they were behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what?????

yeah since when is that a rule??? oh you are getting killed...go get the ball...the refs will never tell players they have to go get the ball..if they wanna take the loss and let the other team hold the ball...they will let them...

Beavertail and Beano that constitutes a technical foul. From the NFHS basketball rule book. Rule 10 Section 1 Article 5

A team shall not allow the game to develop into an actionless contest: Penalty Technical Foul.

If the leading team holds the ball and the trailing team does not come out to defend they will be warned first and then accessed a technical foul. If the trailing team holds the ball and fails to attack they will be warned first and then accessed a technical foul. This rule was instituted so that we dont have anymore 2-1 games.

As seen in their other posts, not only do they have no idea about coaching , they have no idea about the rules of the game.

Just face it, the team has no talent at all. Do not blame the coach, blame the parents, they are the one's who produced these all NBA prospects.

[ QUOTE ]

As seen in their other posts, not only do they have no idea about coaching , they have no idea about the rules of the game.

Just face it, the team has no talent at all. Do not blame the coach, blame the parents, they are the one's who produced these all NBA prospects.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parents may not have given him much to work with but they were playing good enough to have a big lead heading to the fourth quarter and the coaching was bad enough to blow it...

then no they dont enforce it when teams have a big lead because my freshmen year...the 2003-2004 school year...Graham held the ball for 5 minutes in the third quarter and the WHOLE forth quarter...so THEY dont always enforce it in games where teams have big leads...

That is why if you have a Paco or Ahmad you could spread the floor and shoot free throws all night. No one could match up with them, they would just blow by the defender for a lay up or be fouled.

OK Whippersnapper try and listen. It is in the rulebook. You didnt know the rule. Just because two or three officials on one particular night didnt enforce it, you must think nobody does. It is enforced. Rarely does it have to be. Who is not going to come out and play defense if they are way behind? Who is going to hold the ball if they are way behind? Just because at the tender age of 18 you havent seen it doesnt mean that it doesnt happen. End of discussion, next topic please.

he never had to...he stood there for 13+ minutes and never moved...he dribbled every now and then....but that was just because he was bored..he would pass to someone...then get it back and hold it...half the team sat down and the other half just stood there and talked to the Grundy players....