Grundy @ Graham

wave_20

The rule was put in back in the 70's when Carolina was big on stalling and scores were 19-17 or lower. Pocahontas did this before the rule in the 50's and still is the state record for the lowest scoring game 2-1.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

OK Whippersnapper try and listen. It is in the rulebook. You didnt know the rule. Just because two or three officials on one particular night didnt enforce it, you must think nobody does. It is enforced. Rarely does it have to be. Who is not going to come out and play defense if they are way behind? Who is going to hold the ball if they are way behind? Just because at the tender age of 18 you havent seen it doesnt mean that it doesnt happen. End of discussion, next topic please.

[/ QUOTE ]

All, hail the Queen!

It was on this date, January 19, 1965, that the most famous basketball game in area history took place at the Brushfork National Guard Armory between the Montcalm Generals and Pocahontas Indians. Coaches Carmen Stauffer (Montcalm) and Tommy Lucas (Pocahontas) squared off in a classic confrontation.

Bill Murphy’s single basket was just enough to push Pocahontas to a classic 2-1 win and a spot in the Ripley’s Believe It or Not chronicles. Former Telegraph sports editor Johnny Mayo, who covered the game, has always referred to it as one of the highlights of his great career here at the paper.

and what im trying to tell you is we have moved on to a new topic and ignorant old ass senile(sp?) people like yourself keep bringing it back up...us Graham fans are trying to talk about the coaching situation at Graham and yall stupid ignorant fans wont shut up and let us discuss it...

if you would just shut the hell up you wouldnt have to worry about us...we know what we are talking about with OUR own coach...the only reason this crap was brought up was because of ignorant fans like yourself keep refering back to the game...

the same coach that said the game is in the bag we dont have to do anything in the forth quarter and still win...if he would have just kept the same plan instead of slowing it down Graham would have won...he shifted game plans...

why make appointments when i can go talk to him at church...had he not changed his game plan after the third quarter this game would have went the other way...its not just this one game...he has struggled for years and years not working with the talent as KTom said earlier in this thread

but since he cant do that...keep running the floor..if he wasnt going to hold the ball then just keep going with what you were doing...instead of putting the kids into situations they dont play as well in....they play good run n gun....slowing them down into a half court offense is like telling Vince Young to play a full game of football without scrambling...you dont do that...

They were still running the floor, that is everyones complaint. Now he is butchered for slowing it down. You want slow or fast. You are chasing your tail in circles. Just admit you do not like the coach as a person.

oh yeah because neither one of you judge people or curse...they were KILLING grundy because they were running the floor...if you do not hold the ball...then keep running the floor its that simple...since according to you two you cant hold the ball...they should have just kept playing the same way...but since he decided to slow it down and play half court offense they got burned by it...like i said earlier..its not just this game..its the past few years...

where in the name of pete did football come from???? Coach Jones left because he got offered a better job...coaching a college team...i have seen him out and talked to him and he has said he would have loved to stay there at Graham but the offer of being a college coach was just too good for him...he makes better money there...he had plenty of talent left after Ahmad i.e. Rob Henry, Steven Brown, TJ Carper, Matt Yost wasnt bad, Kevin Thompson, Jason Palmer, JD Hunter....the talent had nothing to do with Jones leaving...get your facts straight

I am a very good friend of "weasie". And I know why he left. Many of those players you mentioned could have not made the other teams starting five in the swd. With that said about swd basketball being not very good, where would that put Grahams talent?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

who did well for the G-Men?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, if Graham blew a 20+ point lead in the fourth quarter...the coach didn't...

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE IN THE BASKETBALL PROGRAM AT GRAHAM HIGH SCHOOL...

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. Can't protect that big of a lead, the quarters are only 8 minutes long for Pete's sake...

[ QUOTE ]

where in the name of pete did football come from???? Coach Jones left because he got offered a better job...coaching a college team...i have seen him out and talked to him and he has said he would have loved to stay there at Graham but the offer of being a college coach was just too good for him...he makes better money there...he had plenty of talent left after Ahmad i.e. Rob Henry, Steven Brown, TJ Carper, Matt Yost wasnt bad, Kevin Thompson, Jason Palmer, JD Hunter....the talent had nothing to do with Jones leaving...get your facts straight

[/ QUOTE ]

The lasat I checked..."Weasie" only had ONE win at Bluefield State this season...and something like 17 wins in the last 5 seasons.....