kept us in the game. He had several good blocks and

rebounds. He was also the high scorer for Carroll with

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that how you feel about yourself???

[ QUOTE ]

"how bout that rodgers kid, man he can shoot, he's also a 4.0 student"

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! If seth_hill would have played worth a damn they would have beat the Lakers!

Just pickin' grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

This is kinda off topic, but i remember back in 89-90 season at richlands. They were 20 and 0 in regular season and lost in first round of playoffs to Blacksburg by 20 plus points. I think Blacksburg had Lee Purcell who had committed to VA Tech to play Bball

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay Purcell

[ QUOTE ]

look CC didnt not play their best tonight if they did they wouldve won by 5 or more and i thought Blacksburg were better than that and what happened to you guys predictions about CC losing 20+ yea we lost any ways but CC boys had an off night and just a shame that it had to be in the Regional Quarterfinals

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever think that is Blacksburg had played their best they would have won by 20+? Same ol' story... SWD loses again!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Blacksburg by 20...

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatcha got to say Gman??... btw that is right it went to OT and they were in the bonus and got a few points off of free throws

[/ QUOTE ]

You still lost and the SWD went 0'fer in the Region tournament just as I said they would...

The only reason the game was close is because Carroll Co. hit nine threes on the night and they wouldn't have forced OT if the Green kid for CC hadn't hit five of them in the second half...

I defently dont think the SWD desrved 4 teams, I thought they deserved 2...Carrol Co. and the Falcons both played really well and got so close to pulling out a win, congrats for at least keeping it so close and not losing by 20. And I have question that G-man might be able to answer, have they always put 4 teams from the Southwest district in or did they start it this year and are they ever going to change it?

The four teams started when the SWD and Highlands combined this year. I assume they will continue with 4 teams. It is much like football, you have everyone and their brother in the regions. It is a VHSL thing, it is all about the money.

The SWD in the past has gotten two teams (Reg. season Champ & Tournament Champ/runner-up) in the Region tournament in the past.

However with the expansion of Region IV and the addition of the River Ridge, the Region voted to expand the number of teams that made the Region tournament. In doing so, they based it on the number of teams within each district. The SWD has more teams (7) than either the River Ridge (6) or the Piedmont (5), thus they voted to give the SWD more spots in the Region tournament.

Will this change in the future? Probably at some point but who knows when...

[ QUOTE ]

The four teams started when the SWD and Highlands combined this year. I assume they will continue with 4 teams. It is much like football, you have everyone and their brother in the regions. It is a VHSL thing, it is all about the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 4 teams in with rotate among the districts. So next up is either Piedmont or River Ridge. God help everyone else if River Ridge gets 4 in!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever think that is Blacksburg had played their best they would have won by 20+? Same ol' story... SWD loses again!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha what are you talking about did you even watch the game?! Blacksburg were playing their best they would rarely miss a shot on the 3s and made just about every layup like nothing.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

made just about every layup like nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your kidding right?

[ QUOTE ]

Getting 4 teams in with rotate among the districts. So next up is either Piedmont or River Ridge. God help everyone else if River Ridge gets 4 in!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to the Region IV handbook...

yea but the thing is that these guys were like 6'5 a lot taller than some of the CC boys and even if they missed they would rebound the ball like nothing and put it in so when your opponent misses a layup your supposed to rebound the ball well for us it was hard cause of the fact that the other guys were more taller

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

made just about every layup like nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your kidding right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I believe every layup should be made like "nothing" Unless youre Allen Iverson, who performs ballet everytime he's in there. In that case, missing a layup is ok because it looked pretty awesome going up to it. :]