Graham football 2008 schedule

bhs7695

Not confirmed but I'm pretty sure this is how it might look...

8/22 @ Christiansburg

8/29 Bluefield

9/6 Blacksburg

9/12 @ Marion

9/19 Richlands

9/27 Gretna

10/3 Grundy

10/10 @ Tazewell

10/17 OPEN

10/24 Abingdon

10/31 @ Carroll Co.

11/7 OPEN

[ QUOTE ]

8/22 @ Christiansburg

8/29 Bluefield

9/6 Blacksburg

9/12 @ Marion

9/19 Richlands

9/27 Gretna

10/3 Grundy

10/10 @ Tazewell

10/17 OPEN

10/24 Abingdon

10/31 @ Carroll Co.

11/7 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the comfrimed schedule..christiansburg is the first game

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands would benefit from a non-district schedule like that. C-burg, B-burg and Gretna...wow. I would love to see the Blues play those teams. Kudos to the G-men.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Blue Demons were a little young last year, so they should be better this year. Not sure what Blacksburg has returning besides their QB. Gretna.......enough said.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands would benefit from a non-district schedule like that. C-burg, B-burg and Gretna...wow. I would love to see the Blues play those teams. Kudos to the G-men.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too commend the G-man for taking on such a tough schedule. They have learned a lot from Bluefield...or visa versa. Both of these schols take on the toughest opponents they can find. I too wish Richlands was able to schedule these schools, while I know travel time is an issure, I think they would be able to schedule at least one game with a school "out east".

[ QUOTE ]

8/22 @ Christiansburg

8/29 Bluefield

9/6 Blacksburg

9/12 @ Marion

9/19 Richlands

9/27 Gretna

10/3 Grundy

10/10 @ Tazewell

10/17 OPEN

10/24 Abingdon

10/31 @ Carroll Co.

11/7 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad one there with 6 home games and 4 away.

Schedule one of the AAA schools from around the roanoke valley(Fleming, Franklin County, Maybe not PH) or play a river ridge school(Pulaski, Bburg, Cburg, Salem, Etc.)

I am sure any of those teams would play with the way you guys travel with fans.

[ QUOTE ]

Schedule one of the AAA schools from around the roanoke valley(Fleming, Franklin County, Maybe not PH) or play a river ridge school(Pulaski, Bburg, Cburg, Salem, Etc.)

I am sure any of those teams would play with the way you guys travel with fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect captain...those schools will not play Richlands...

[ QUOTE ]

8/22 @ Christiansburg

8/29 Bluefield

9/6 Blacksburg

9/12 @ Marion

9/19 Richlands

9/27 Gretna

10/3 Grundy

10/10 @ Tazewell

10/17 OPEN

10/24 Abingdon

10/31 @ Carroll Co.

11/7 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

Great schedule over all! Good games at home to go watch....Bluefield's is great too!

I havent ever heard that these schools wouldn't play them. Do you have some inside info as to why they wouldn't. I know Franklin County contacted some of our teams in the piedmont about games and they were scheduled. Last I heard they might be looking for a tenth. Richlands should give them a call.

[ QUOTE ]

I havent ever heard that these schools wouldn't play them. Do you have some inside info as to why they wouldn't. I know Franklin County contacted some of our teams in the piedmont about games and they were scheduled. Last I heard they might be looking for a tenth. Richlands should give them a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands already has a full schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

8/22 @ Christiansburg

8/29 Bluefield

9/6 Blacksburg

9/12 @ Marion

9/19 Richlands

9/27 Gretna

10/3 Grundy

10/10 @ Tazewell

10/17 OPEN

10/24 Abingdon

10/31 @ Carroll Co.

11/7 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a long campaign for the "G".

Graham had some young horses on the line last year...they have "potential" to be a strong running team, if they play their cards right.

My concern is speed at skill positions on defense....Gretna/Blacksburg/Christiansburg/Bluefield will eat them alive, if they don't.

as of now it looks like this OT, darius carper 6'2 290, josh mooney 6'1 315, OG josh halsey 6'4 280, tony barraeas 6'0 260,and center noone knows the kid was young last year but alex marrs 6'0 220 but my money will be on cole davis starting 6'1 225

I was surprised as well by their lack of speed. They have the one kid #1 who could burn it but do they have anything to go with it. Power only gets you so far. When you play d you need speed.

we have some guys out that what they lack in experience they make up for in speed. is graham gonna be the fastest thing in the world....no but the Achilles heel of graham (secondary) will def. be repaired for the most part. when u have an offensive line as big as graham's is, a power running game is def. gonna be expected

Very gutsy schedule for the G-Men. I really believe last year's tough schedule for Graham was what gave them the edge against the Blues in last season's regular season contest. A schedule like that can only make you better.

• 4 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

Very gutsy schedule for the G-Men. I really believe last year's tough schedule for Graham was what gave them the edge against the Blues in last season's regular season contest. A schedule like that can only make you better.

[/ QUOTE ]

your exactly right.it prepares Graham for battle against the SWD teams.i think it gives Graham the edge in every game.

8/22 @ Christiansburg

8/29 Bluefield

9/6 Blacksburg SATURDAY

9/12 @ Marion

9/19 Richlands

9/27 Gretna SATURDAY

10/3 Grundy

10/10 @ Tazewell

10/17 OPEN

10/24 Abingdon

10/31 @ Carroll Co.

11/7 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

i just noticed the gretna and blacksburg games are on saturdays.is this still correct?