whos player of the year?

wave08

Why is there so much talk about Grundy on here? I mean, I know we all have our thoughts about our own teams, but no one really cares a whole lot about Grundy. I am not trying to be mean, but that seems to be the team that gets talked about the most on here and we all know that they are not the best team in the area.

I kinda enjoy seeing that grundy fans are coming and posting on the board and showing interest in there team its great to see that even though times are tuff for the wave the fans are still showing there support and not just hiding in the shadows. Keep up the support ill be pulling for the wave so long as they are not playing Richlands that is haha.

Ditto that! And I believe the name of this site is SWVASPORTS.COM, and the last time I checked Grundy was in Southwest Virginia. I didn't know you shouldn't talk about Grundy on here...that's news to me. Maybe we shouldn't talk about the Beavers on here because they're in West Virginia...see how ridiculous that sounds?

I think what he was trying to say was that Grundy is not a successful team and yet a lot is made toward them with hype and such as if they are competitive and winning. Now I agree that it is great to see that even though times are tough for Grundy football, fans are still showing support and anxious for things to happen, but I all see where Bogeavers is coming from. It probably wouldnt be so bad if the majority of posters from the Grundy area wouldnt guarantee wins, success, etc. when their teams arent good. I am not trying to be mean at all, but to be honest, and it has been said in situations before on this site, when youre talking about who is the best player on a terrible team it is like talking about who is the tallest midget, or who is the smartest dumb person. It just doesnt make for very good conversation that relates to the topic.

[ QUOTE ]

I think what he was trying to say was that Grundy is not a successful team and yet a lot is made toward them with hype and such as if they are competitive and winning. Now I agree that it is great to see that even though times are tough for Grundy football, fans are still showing support and anxious for things to happen, but I all see where Bogeavers is coming from. It probably wouldnt be so bad if the majority of posters from the Grundy area wouldnt guarantee wins, success, etc. when their teams arent good. I am not trying to be mean at all, but to be honest, and it has been said in situations before on this site, when youre talking about who is the best player on a terrible team it is like talking about who is the tallest midget, or who is the smartest dumb person. It just doesnt make for very good conversation that relates to the topic.

[/ QUOTE ] If you don't like the topic, then don't participate. Nobody is being made to read anything...it's a post by a Grundy supporter, and he has the right to solicit comments on the thread he created. If you don't like it, ignore it.

more Grundy talk is fine with me...so is any other talk about SWD teams...the more people talk about anything here the better...you never know where it's going to take you...so leave the Grundy people alone, they are just as welcome to talk about their team here as anyone else is...if you don't like it then don't read it...it's that simple.

This place is for people to talk about whatever they want...as long as it's in the correct forum, then leave them alone. I don't really care about what goes on with a lot of the schools that post on here, because I have never seen some of them play...but they are MORE than welcome to talk about their programs and rivals and best players...whatever...that's why we are here.

[ QUOTE ]

Why is there so much talk about Grundy on here? ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.... it's not like there's a whole lot of other stuff to do around here. At least we're helping to keep the kids of off the (one) street (Walnut).

What I'm saying is, things probably wouldnt be so bad for the Grundy supporters if the majority of them wouldnt guarantee wins or other success and dominance. Thats my main point. When that happens and the team doesnt follow through, it makes the fans look stupid as well as the team.

I very well understand that this is an open forum for anyone to post what they please on whichever forum it is suited for and I am glad to see that there is still support for a troubled program such as Grundy's. However, when about 95% of all posters from that area make pointless threads, stupid comments/remarks, guarantees, etc., it makes every new thread started by a Grundy fan look stupid, even if it wins the Pullitzer Prize.

[ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is, things probably wouldnt be so bad for the Grundy supporters if the majority of them wouldnt guarantee wins or other success and dominance. Thats my main point. When that happens and the team doesnt follow through, it makes the fans look stupid as well as the team.

I very well understand that this is an open forum for anyone to post what they please on whichever forum it is suited for and I am glad to see that there is still support for a troubled program such as Grundy's. However, when about 95% of all posters from that area make pointless threads, stupid comments/remarks, guarantees, etc., it makes every new thread started by a Grundy fan look stupid, even if it wins the Pullitzer Prize.

[/ QUOTE ] It's not your call to decide what is and what is not a "pointless thread". I'm sure being a Bluefield fan you are really heartbroken when a Grundy fan looks stupid (your words). Bottom line, go to another thread, make another post somewhere else, and don't read it if it bothers you so much. Lance said it best...and I'm paraphrasing here...everyone is welcomed here as long as they follow the rules!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got news for you, I guess anyway....all schools have some idiot kid who does that...and if they don't, some idiot kid from another school will do it for them...lol.

If it bothers you that much, then find another place to hang out...pretty simple.

man, i didnt know that a post that i posted would mean for everyone to talk bad about grundy. Im just posting something to talk about. Thanks guys gor sticking up for not only me but for the WAVE!

[ QUOTE ]

man, i didnt know that a post that i posted would mean for everyone to talk bad about grundy. Im just posting something to talk about. Thanks guys gor sticking up for not only me but for the WAVE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry about it young man your heart is in the right place.....If'n they dont like you representing your school they dont gotta read it and they can kiss this old gray haird pappys wrinkled up old arse....

• 2 months later...
Guest zeus71

Either Tommy Crigger, Luke Owens, Anthony Church, or Scammel

[ QUOTE ]

Why is there so much talk about Grundy on here? I mean, I know we all have our thoughts about our own teams, but no one really cares a whole lot about Grundy. I am not trying to be mean, but that seems to be the team that gets talked about the most on here and we all know that they are not the best team in the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

For one this is the Southwest message board and last time I checked Grundy is in the Southwest area..and two, I know Grundy is the worst team in the SWD in football but at least he still shows his support, and it seems to me that the big crowd of people that dont like talking about Grundy is from Bluefield..

• 4 weeks later...