Best places to eat...that are not around here...

Lance

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Donatos pizza its a chain restraunt but i don't think there are many they're hard to find i think, the first one was in columbus so when i lived there i had it alot

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good one as well...they put fresh toppings on there about an inch thick...lol...great place.

[ QUOTE ]

Smokey Bones

Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Bonefish Grill

Carraba's

Moe's

Tijuana Flats

Chipotle

LeRoy Selmons

Buffalo Wildwings

Capitol Grill

Grill Smith's

Sam Seltzer's

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell yes. Smoky Bones BBQ in St. Louis had the best ribs I have ever had in my entire life. I was in heaven there...i might drive up there to get some...anyone wanna go and throw in some has money? LOL.

I am not sure if you were talking about Taste of Memphis over in Princeton. If you were they have some good food. I know the waitress (who happens to be hot) and she hooks me up with some free food. It is some good BBQ and I go there quite often.

[ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if you were talking about Taste of Memphis over in Princeton. If you were they have some good food. I know the waitress (who happens to be hot) and she hooks me up with some free food. It is some good BBQ and I go there quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I eat there several times each month...the ribs are very good and so is there pulled pork sandwich...

not a Chain Store but if you would like to take the family for an outing. Try Shatley Springs Inn. Rt 16 NC just across the line from the Mouth of Wilson below Marion and Sugar Grove. Family style dining and not that far from Boone, NC. You are served Chicken, Ham, Mashed potatoes, and rolls Choice of beverage is Tea or Water. But GOOOOOOD EAAATS!!!!!!!!!

oh another one its around me but probably not anyone else on here Goobers in mt. airy, NC. i think its called goobers 52 sometimes too idk, but thats cuz its right on rt. 52, i like it alot idk what the best thing to get is though haven't ate there enough to try stuff out but there sandwiches and burgers are pretty good, its also probably the only place you can get a reuben around here but i haven't tried it yet.

[ QUOTE ]

We have reubens down at good ol' Bellacinos. Not trying to promote the store or anything...just saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have reubens at Arby's too...I've had both...neither are that good, both are overpriced, but Arby's is better.

The best reuben I've ever had was at some little restaurant in Union, WV...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We have reubens down at good ol' Bellacinos. Not trying to promote the store or anything...just saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have reubens at Arby's too...I've had both...neither are that good, both are overpriced, but Arby's is better.

The best reuben I've ever had was at some little restaurant in Union, WV...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a reuben at Aqua Terra in Buford, GA yesterday for lunch. It was pretty decent....but had some "killer" homemade potato salad as the side item.

Allison's just off of Exit 14 on Lee HWY (just up from the Chevy dealer on the left if you are headed towards Bristol) in Abingdon is another good place..try the Apple Smoked Pork Chops and sweet potato fries...you won't be sorry...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Allison's just off of Exit 14 on Lee HWY (just up from the Chevy dealer on the left if you are headed towards Bristol) in Abingdon is another good place..try the Apple Smoked Pork Chops and sweet potato fries...you won't be sorry...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm in VA. and in Abingdon, I always say I'm going to stop there and eat....never have....but I'm certainly going to do that now. Last time was in, we ate lunch at the little deli/restaurant there on Main St. in Abingdon (former pharmacy) but don't remember the name. Pretty good eats.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm in VA. and in Abingdon, I always say I'm going to stop there and eat....never have....but I'm certainly going to do that now. Last time was in, we ate lunch at the little deli/restaurant there on Main St. in Abingdon (former pharmacy) but don't remember the name. Pretty good eats.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that place is called the Soda Shop now...there is also one off of Exit 19 next to the Harbor House (good seafood for this area btw) ...and it's across from the Burger King...just a small Deli Style place...don't know the name...good place to get a quick sandwich and soup for lunch if you are out this way.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree on Allison's, very good place

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that place is called the Soda Shop now...there is also one off of Exit 19 next to the Harbor House (good seafood for this area btw) ...and it's across from the Burger King...just a small Deli Style place...don't know the name...good place to get a quick sandwich and soup for lunch if you are out this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one across from Burger King @Exit 19 is called the "Dunk & Deli". Lance, have you ever tried the "Hi Low Burger" on Lee Hwy (pink bldg). They always have a group of cars lined up around it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The one across from Burger King @Exit 19 is called the "Dunk & Deli". Lance, have you ever tried the "Hi Low Burger" on Lee Hwy (pink bldg). They always have a group of cars lined up around it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no but I have friends that live right there at it...I have always meant to stop in there but have never done so...I will do so soon and report back though smile.gif

There is also a new place on Exit 7 I've been meaning to go to that's always crowded and I've never been in the mood to wait...not sure of the name on this one either but it's in the same little shopping center as Quiznos and SalsaRita's...on that little access road that Outback is on...anyone know what I'm talking about and actually try it yet?

SalsaRita's......love that place. I used to eat there all the time when I was in Charlotte. They have one in Huntersville. The Burrito's are about the size of a nerf football.......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no but I have friends that live right there at it...I have always meant to stop in there but have never done so...I will do so soon and report back though smile.gif

There is also a new place on Exit 7 I've been meaning to go to that's always crowded and I've never been in the mood to wait...not sure of the name on this one either but it's in the same little shopping center as Quiznos and SalsaRita's...on that little access road that Outback is on...anyone know what I'm talking about and actually try it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your talking about the Pepper Jack Grill? If you like steak they have one of the better ones around. My favorite place is down in Kingsport, Pratts BBQ, best Ribs you'll eat anywhere, it's the resturant with the Giant Indian in front of it, everyone should try it when in Kingsport!