gretna looks to add another to trophy case

zack

They embarrased the Devils last year, but the Devils kept shooting themselves in the foot. The result might be the same, but I'm sure the Devils would love another shot at them. Hopefully the GMEN will put them in their place come Sept. All I can say is look for a very cocky coaching staff and team when they arrive.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham will lose by 30+. And if the state championship would have been at GC, then GC would have stood a chance with a watered down field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time Graham and Gretna played, the issue was very much in doubt well into the 4th quarter, and that was the best Gretna team ever. Gretna is the defending state champions, but they are a totally different team than last year with the exception of the quarterback. Graham will be fine. And IF Graham loses, it sure won't be anywhere near 30.

[ QUOTE ]

Their QB is the TRUTH. Good luck stopping him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as a sophomore he certainly isn't better than the all time leading passer in virginia state history in Vic Hall. No way, no how.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as a sophomore he certainly isn't better than the all time leading passer in virginia state history in Vic Hall. No way, no how.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that, he was pretty awesome as a freshman...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that, he was pretty awesome as a freshman...

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing behind a veteran line and veteran recievers I am sure he was good. Now lets see how good he is when the talent around him isn't as expirenced. That is all I am saying. I mean if he is that good, why isn't he playing college ball already? If colleges can graduate players who can't read why can't they enroll a 15 year old?

nobody gave Graham a chance against richlands last year either including me,i wont make the same mistake twice.the QB is very talented,but hes one guy and he had a hell of a team around him last year that he wont have this year.its easy to throw the ball 40+ yards down field when you know you have recievers that can fly down and get it.lets wait and see how things go before we start predicting 30 point blowouts.you never know whats in store,maybe Graham blows by them by 30 or more.

The Graham/Gretna game in 2003 was an instant classic. A sporting event that will hang in my mind forever. AB's last high school game, and the best high school quarterback I'd ever seen. Gretna was an incredibly talented and polished team. It took a great coach to have them executing like they were. We were all worried when AB couldn't get rolling on the ground, but when we started throwing him the ball, we had them a little concerned. As I was leaving the field I turned one last time to see Hall talking to a reporter and AB walking to the locker room. And as Marrs walked out of the gate to the locker room, I'm pretty sure I saw some tears in his eyes. Everybody there knew they saw something special. I was sad that we lost, but was in awe of the event. Man, I'm glad I was at that game.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham will lose by 30+. And if the state championship would have been at GC, then GC would have stood a chance with a watered down field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess ya have to blame losing on something, huh?

[ QUOTE ]

Many proclaimed that game the unofficial state title game with the two best football teams in the state that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats about the truth.2 of VAs finest on the field.it shouldve been in lynchburg for sure.didnt gretna just thomp new kent the following week?i agree Graham and Gretna were the 2 best div 3 teams that year.sometimes the state championship games arent the best ones.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Many proclaimed that game the unofficial state title game with the two best football teams in the state that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats about the truth.2 of VAs finest on the field.it shouldve been in lynchburg for sure.didnt gretna just thomp new kent the following week?i agree Graham and Gretna were the 2 best div 3 teams that year.sometimes the state championship games arent the best ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gretna beat Monticello that year 48-18 in the championship game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gretna beat Monticello that year 48-18 in the championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok your right.new kent may of played liberty bedford there somewhere in maybe 02.

[ QUOTE ]

Although its always easier said than done, Graham just needs to contain the QB and hit him hard on every play, regardless if he has the ball or not and maybe even on timeouts.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree, Graham will come in with a chip on their shoulders, nothing to lose, everything to gain and everybody knows that Graham WILL be physical. Question is...if that qb gets the crap knocked out of him a few times, how will he react?

• 3 weeks later...