Falcons are Back

tigerman

you have to understand that alot of kids at abingdon did not get there roots from abingdon. I know that the entire backfield on this years team has parents from grundy. The quarterbacks dad played basketball at grundy and the running backs dad(coleman) was an awesome footballl player at grundy.

So then we can call them the Abingdon Falcons @ South Golden Wave--oops, I mean South Holston Lake

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

futbolking said exactly what I was expecting a few to do. Here come the "intelligent" ones out now. They are finally stopping in to drop their two cents worth. I figure there will be a few more and then this thread will just go dead. What is it with the guys having a hard on for Abingdon for anyway?!?!

That's alright I guess, I will try not to stoop to their level.

You invited us to "come on with it". What did you expect?

:eek:I wouldn't book any reservations for your district games, you hand it to a single A school, and your bragging... Come on, Abingdon starts like this every year then they choke!!! Maybe you should schedule some tough openers, I bet the head coach sure hopes to make it far because they are probably getting ready to can his butt... p.s. the biggest player you got is on your flag corp....

Edited by luvftball09
forgot to add something...

So then we can call them the Abingdon Falcons @ South Golden Wave--oops, I mean South Holston Lake

In no way was I putting the Falcons down. They were a quality team last year and I expect the same this year. As for the Grundy connection, with several of their players, I'm not surprised; Buchanan, Russell and Tazewell Countians have been migrating to this area for quite sometime.

In no way was I putting the Falcons down. They were a quality team last year and I expect the same this year. As for the Grundy connection, with several of their players, I'm not surprised; Buchanan, Russell and Tazewell Countians have been migrating to this area for quite sometime.

Abingdon should have opened some eyes last year and earned little respect but it doesnt look like it...abingdon is a hard nosed football team-yes they will have to prove it but we have to remember that the kids cant help who they play, all they can do is go out preform...

you guys will find out when we play you. we put a beat down on the mighty gmen last year and should have beaten richlands honaker marion and honaker. we could have been undefeated last year if not for a few plays. we feel good about playing anybody bring em on! swd champs 2008

Yeah dude, you def should have beaten Honaker twice. Not to mention the G-Men would have gone undefeated if they had only beaten Bluefield, Christiansburg, Blacksburg, Abingdon, and Marion, lol. I guess anyone can go undefeated if you win all your games. And 34-27 does not qualify as a beat-down, at least not on paper.

On the other hand, I think Abingdon is good and would be better if they didn't expect a pat on the back for beating JSB. I'm sure they will do fine in the SWD this season, considering it's up for grabs pretty much.

you guys will find out when we play you. we put a beat down on the mighty gmen last year and should have beaten richlands honaker marion and honaker. we could have been undefeated last year if not for a few plays. we feel good about playing anybody bring em on! swd champs 2008

Wow! Thats all I can say...

Well you didn`t so stop crying about it. You just have to love the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. Marion whooped Abingdon last season, you have to get over that.

Didn't Abingdon lose there QB from last year? I'm not saying anything to put ya down, but you guys beat JB and play PH-Glad Springs this week, that is two of the weakest A schools in the state. Richlands and Tazewell played two of the elite in A with one of them wining, and on the other hand Graham in a way hung in there with a top notch AA school. But to say the Falcons are going to win the SWD just because you beat down JB is crazy... but the best of luck to ya.....

I guess anyone can go undefeated if you win all your games.

this shall be my new signature for a while...lmao.

also...Abingdon has a good team, but you guys need to beat a few people before you earn some respect...beating JSB 48-7 isn't going to get you any.

It's funny to see the whine & cheese crowd getting all worked up though.

Not too worried about PH this week, we have something different for them; thats all I'm saying. Trust me, we're not over looking them, but our goal is the SWD title and it better shut some of you up!

Edited by preacher

Not too worried about PH this week, we have something different for them; thats all I'm saying. Trust me, we're not over looking them, but our goal is the SWD title and it better shut some of you up!

You know, no one said you wouldn't win the SWD! But coming out saying that you will win just because you be JB is crazy, but like I said the best of luck to ya.

The Hess kid did a good job @ QB and he has been at Abingdon how long? Yea Jimmy is from Grundy but how long has he lived in Abingdon? How about the Mitchell kid playing LB. I think he is Abingdon native. Parents live on Lee Highway. The Arnold kid Abingdon. Give them a break they looked good even if it was JSB. The Johnson kid for battle is a pretty tough running back. As for JSB that is the most kids I have seen them have in a long time. Will they ever be a powerhouse football team? NO But it is good to see the kids out

Edited by Boo77

The Hess kid did a good job @ QB and he has been at Abingdon how long? Yea Jimmy is from Grundy but how long has he lived in Abingdon? How about the Mitchell kid playing LB. I think he is Abingdon native. Parents live on Lee Highway. The Arnold kid Abingdon. Give them a break they looked good even if it was JSB. The Johnson kid for battle is a pretty tough running back. As for JSB that is the most kids I have seen them have in a long time. Well they ever be a powerhouse football team? NO But it is good to see the kids out

im just currious to see how long it takes Lance to convert to the Falcons haha total joke..

this shall be my new signature for a while...lmao.

also...Abingdon has a good team, but you guys need to beat a few people before you earn some respect...beating JSB 48-7 isn't going to get you any.

It's funny to see the whine & cheese crowd getting all worked up though.

YES!!

haha