Graham @ Marion

54_rakes_5

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Graham losing this game...if Marion wins, they will gain some respect in my book...but beating the teams they have beat so far, I just can't see it. Graham at 1-2 has played 3 very good teams...I have to think that will help them...plus if history repeats itself, Graham gets it going around week 4 every year...in fact they haven't lost a game in week 4 since 1996...hmm.

I don't see Graham losing this game...if Marion wins, they will gain some respect in my book...but beating the teams they have beat so far, I just can't see it. Graham at 1-2 has played 3 very good teams...I have to think that will help them...plus if history repeats itself, Graham gets it going around week 4 every year...in fact they haven't lost a game in week 4 since 1996...hmm.

I guess Marion should take their Smyth County rivals and Patrick Henry off their schedule. It`s funny when Abingdon beat PH that is all I heard is that the Falcons were back and when Marion beats them by the same amount of points then it is "we have to look at the teams Marion has beat so far". But that is ok, Marion never gets any respect and that is fine with me. I`m not saying Marion will beat Graham but they never get any respect. Going into Graham last year nobody gave us respect either.

I guess Marion should take their Smyth County rivals and Patrick Henry off their schedule. It`s funny when Abingdon beat PH that is all I heard is that the Falcons were back and when Marion beats them by the same amount of points then it is "we have to look at the teams Marion has beat so far". But that is ok, Marion never gets any respect and that is fine with me. I`m not saying Marion will beat Graham but they never get any respect. Going into Graham last year nobody gave us respect either.

Yet another team playing the "respect" card

Yet another team playing the "respect" card

I don`t have to play it cuz we already have it and I don`t worry about homers like you that come on here filled with the hate. I went to school at Marion and pull for Marion. I talk about sports on here and you have to have people hatin.

not saying you shouldn't play them...just don't expect the rest of the district to think you are all that great just because you beat them. Face it Marion has only had a couple of good teams in the past 20 years....and if you look at what I've said even on the front page news here...you will see I said the same thing about Abingdon...they have yet to beat anyone of note either. Marion and Abingdon need to beat Richlands, Graham, and Tazewell year in and year out and in the playoffs for a few years, then people start dreading to play you...until then you are just another game that they should win even in a down year....that's life.

not saying you shouldn't play them...just don't expect the rest of the district to think you are all that great just because you beat them. Face it Marion has only had a couple of good teams in the past 20 years....and if you look at what I've said even on the front page news here...you will see I said the same thing about Abingdon...they have yet to beat anyone of note either. Marion and Abingdon need to beat Richlands, Graham, and Tazewell year in and year out and in the playoffs for a few years, then people start dreading to play you...until then you are just another game that they should win even in a down year....that's life.

I`m not saying we are the best. I just pull for my team just like any other fan does. And actually Marion has had more than two good tems in twenty years. We had the 10-0 team in 87, the region champion team in 02, another playoff team in 03, and the playoff team last year. I`m not arguing with you. I`m not saying Marion is the best or anything, I just have confidence in my team and there is not a thing in this world wrong with that.

i disagree they couldnt stop it at all lastnight

I didn't say that they would stop Marion. I said that this year's team would have a better chance of stopping a running game than they would a passing game. I believe that Blacksburg is a little better than Marion, but I could be wrong. We will see.

The only people that said Abingdon was back were Abingdon fans. If you look back, we all lauhed at the fact that they said that after beating John Battle.

I`m not saying we are the best. I just pull for my team just like any other fan does. And actually Marion has had more than two good tems in twenty years. We had the 10-0 team in 87, the region champion team in 02, another playoff team in 03, and the playoff team last year. I`m not arguing with you. I`m not saying Marion is the best or anything, I just have confidence in my team and there is not a thing in this world wrong with that.

87 is 21 years ago...lol...but yeah...they had a very good team in 87, I played against them and they beat us...not that we were very good though....but still...I have first hand knowledge of that team and you are correct they were very good.

The playoff teams you had were 01 and 02...the 02 team went 6-5 overall and out in the first round. The 01 team was the best...going 9-4 to the semi's. Last year you went 7-5...I'd say those are "ok" teams...not very good...but good. You get an 8 or 9 win team...that's pretty good.

correct me if i am wrong, i t hink he said in the last 20 years. now i am not great at math but i think 1987 from 2008 is 21 years lol.

Oh yeah, your region champion team in 2001. Good team......I think Graham beat them 46-12 if I remember correctly. That is the difference between Graham and Marion. When we are good and you are good.......we destroy you. When you are good and we are terrible you barely beat us.....

Oh yeah, your region champion team in 2001. Good team......I think Graham beat them 46-12 if I remember correctly. That is the difference between Graham and Marion. When we are good and you are good.......we destroy you. When you are good and we are terrible you barely beat us.....

Yes I remember very well 2001 where you huys hammered us at Graham. We had an excellent team and I remembered you guys were awesome.

Thats true Marion has only had three good teams since 1987, but the same can be said about Graham they were alot bigger than the Burg and they managed away to lose, ever since Carlock has left Graham their program has gone done hill. And if i do recall Marion beat Graham and Tazewell last year and lost to Richlands by 2 but thats last year. Friday night in my eyes will be a great game between 2 district tops, it just comes down to which team will show up and which team leaves it on the feild and not the bus.

Yes I remember very well 2001 where you huys hammered us at Graham. We had an excellent team and I remembered you guys were awesome.

In all fairness, that 2001 team for Graham was unbelievable...even for Graham's standards...they also destroyed Liberty something like 56-12 in the state semis...

Marion is on the "up" and last I checked, the only game that counts is the last one...Marion won that one. That's all I have to say about it.

And to answer the original question in this thread. Graham has been unable to stop the run so far...about 1000 yards rushing in the first 3 contests...I'd say that's not stopping it, at all. I don't care what the quality of the team is that you're playing...that's just not playing defense.

Edited by futbolking

Thats true Marion has only had three good teams since 1987

Which is exactly why you should shut up...........

This is 2008.... I called it last year....and I was right...I'm probably one of the few people who have actually seen both teams play and I'll tell you straight up, if Marion can contain the speed of Harris and Lane, they WILL beat Graham...

In all fairness, that 2001 team for Graham was unbelievable...even for Graham's standards...they also destroyed Liberty something like 56-12 in the state semis...

In all fairness that was a very good marion team also, they won the only region title in school history that year........but it still doesn't change the fact that we thrashed them.

i think graham gets respect because they have been loaded but because richlands and other surrounding schools have gotten better kids are going to those schools.graham's numbers are down and so is their football program.yes,they are right in the middle of things but don't you think this team really isn't what you are use to seeing from a school of their caliber.marion has been bad and maybe our time is coming.things change.graham fans never really bothered me they were just always better than us.but can't marion fans show alil support when finally we get alil better?